Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Gamereplays.org have announced their very own replay competition where the best replays will get rated and reviewed and win the competition sponsored by EA, the prize is $500!!!!
Here is what Gamereplays had to say to introduce the competition and all the details you need to know to enter, make sure you register first to submit your replay:
[quote]Gamereplays.org is proud to be hosting a replay competition sponsored by EA, with 500 dollars worth of prizes! During the next three weeks starting on Wednesday, you will be able to compete for hundreds of dollars worth of prizes by submitting the replays of your greatest victories to the contest.
Enter your replays in the Rise of the Witch-King Replay System for review by staff. The top entries will be sent to EA Community Manager Apoc for the final judging and selection of the top three. First place prize will be 200 dollars and a free EA Game, Second Place 100 dollars and Third Place 50 dollars.[/quote]
Here are some details and rules of the competition:
[quote]Gamereplays.org, in conjunction with EA, is proud to present a Replay Competition for The Rise of the Witch-King! Entrants will compete by posting their best replays, which will be judged by Rise of the Witch-King Staff. The top rated replays will then be sent to EA Community Manager Apoc to select the winning entries. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Rules and Information:
* You must have an account on Gamereplays.orgâ€™s forums to post replays. Once you are registered, upload your replay in our replay system and denote it as a Contest Entry by selecting "EA Rep Competition" under the â€œGame Eventâ€ list in the replay submission form.
* You are limited to posting three replays. You must be the winning player of any match you submit. Once entered, an entry cannot be replaced. Further entries will be disqualified.
* Replays must be 1v1 games utilizing Patch 2.01, otherwise they will be disqualified.
* Games must be played on official EA maps. Custom map games will not be counted.
* Standard Game Settings must be used. These are the rules used in QM (Quick Match) games - No Ring Heroes, 1000 Starting Resources, No Custom Heroes.
* After submission of your replay, Gamereplays.org Staff will review the replay.
* Unlike regular reviewing, â€œimprovement adviceâ€ will not be given in the review (to save Reviewing staff time). Instead, the reviewer will bullet-point list any high/low points of the match and assign one of the normal ratings to it.
* The contest begins November 21, 2007 at 00:00 GMT and ends December 13 at 00:00 GMT. All entries must have been played during this time period and cannot be previously played matches.
* After the entry deadline is reached, the top 5-6 replays will be denoted as â€œfinalistsâ€ and sent to the final judge, Apoc (EA Community Manager).
Visit the Rise of the Witch-King Replay Center
How to Submit a Replay
The following is a list of the judging criteria in order of importance:
* The game is entertaining to watch
* Players are relatively equal in skill
* Back and forth action
* Players are competent
You do not have to be an expert player to win!
Prizes will be awarded to the top three replays that are submitted. The prize winners will be selected by Apoc, EA Community Manager. The list of prizes is as follows:
Grand Prize: $100 Cash, $100 Gift Certificate (to any online store), Free EA Game
Second Place: $100 Cash, Free EA Game
Third Place: $50 Gift Certificate (to any online store), Free EA Game
Winners will be able to choose their free game out of any EA title, although certain restrictions may apply.[/quote]
Enter your replays here
Good luck to all entries!