Weekly Poll Results - If EA remade Battlefield 1942. What would be your main rea

If EA remade Battlefield 1942. What would be your main reason to buy it?

I'm a big Battlefield fan. 42.6% (382)
I want another WW2 shooter. 22% (198)
The mods! 12.3% (111)
I'm bored and need another game. 7.4% (67)
Erm whats important about Battlefield 1942? 6.2% (56)
I took a wrong turn. I'm not ment to be here. 4.1% (37)
Other (please say in comments). 2.5% (23)
It was on special offer. 1.6% (15)
All my friends own it. 0.7% (7)
Start: 09-06-2008 10:46
Last: 09-13-2008 16:21

#1 - Posted by: Sergant_Bash (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 10:49

Hey, it's Battlefield 1942! Do you need another reason? ;)

#2 - Posted by: GreedoNeverShot (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 12:39

Well, If they remade it, it would probably suck. EA would take out all the good things and make Bocage the best level.

#3 - Posted by: stalecookie (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 12:41

i dont like WW2 shooters

#4 - Posted by: Jagersider (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 14:06

Id buy it cos i like multiplayer shooters, thats all. Oh and have a beer on me! :P

#5 - Posted by: Fremder (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 14:28

If they remake it then they shouldn't sell it or at least not very much for people who already own the original since all they will likely do is update the graphics.

#6 - Posted by: Sniper50 (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 15:08

MODS!!! OMG MODS! They need a way to automatically update all the mods already made so they work with the new one. Otherwise I would go up to them and throw the box/disc at them.... :thumbsup:

#7 - Definately, with caution - Posted by: LeeRyder (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 18:14

I love BF42, still play it and DC almost daily. BF2 was on my system for about 2 months... now it sits in my desk. 2142 I wouldn't even bother to examine in the store, let alone buy I am All For a new '42, so long as EA doesn't moof it like they did with BF2. We need the full scale immersion that 42 offered, not the "strike team" feel of BF2. If we wanted Rainbow 6 with support, we would have bought it. So in a new 42, we DEMAND ships, historical maps, accuracy (how cool would it be to have teams built accurately, fewer Germans but with superior tech, more Allies with slightly inferior. Now THATS balance!) Make it EA, and I will buy it. But this time, DO NOT F*CK IT UP! BF2 and 2142 are lessons that should be well learned!

#8 - Posted by: Warthog969 (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 19:44

The Disk's! Mine are like 4 someodd years old.

#9 - Posted by: brok (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 20:17

I'm not technically a fan of WW2 shooters because they're all so similar, but I chose that option because I want another BATTLEFIELD ww2 shooter. Like I've said, WW2 offers the best variety in gameplay, locations and technology as far as real life conflicts go, so it's the best conflict for the BF style of game, and at the same time the BF style of play (with planes, ships, tanks and soldiers all fighting SIMULTANEOUSLY) elevates WW2 above the same old feel it has on MOH/COD. As long as they keep the focus on 'number' of units rather than 'graphically impressive' units, it'd be great. And for the love of everything don't make one team fewer in number with better tech, thats not balanced at all, one team is forced to really work together while the other is made of a handful of rogue one man armies. Not fun at all.

#10 - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 09:08

Other - If they remade Bf1942, the graphics, gameplay, atmosphere, and number of maps and options would all be much better, obviously. We could possibly see a Next-Gen Forgotten Hope or something.

#11 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 11:45

I would like to see the maps from Battlefield 1942 completely and carefully updated to a new graphics engine, one that is more flexible from a modding perspective, but still offers a huge amount of modding potential like Battlefield 1942 did, one with an easier map editor than Battlefield 2, maybe all I would take from the other games is the Squad based gameplay and the (Q) and (T) Menu roses.

#12 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 11:47

But I also want it like WW2 of course because the way they did Battlefield 1942, the vehicle handling, the vehicles themselves, etc, I mean the Spitfire among others, is awesome. Above all there is a sort of arcade sort of feel to Battlefield 1942, it doesn't go over the top realism like the PR mod.

#13 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 11:57

#14 - Posted by: LeeRyder (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 13:38

Nice image Dunk, I hereby nominate YOUR logo as the official bf42..uhh..2 logo :)

#15 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 09-07-2008 at 14:29

We aren't honestly calling it BF1942,2 are we? We are going with the name BF1942 Ver 2

#16 - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 14:41

Just call it Battlefield WW2

#17 - Posted by: stev (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 20:31

DUH graphics

#18 - Posted by: nazikiller200 (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 14:13

I personally dont care about graphics... i just care on how moddable the game is XD

#19 - vehicles - Posted by: capt_cindy (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 02:28

i love the vehicles..all of them.they really lost me when they allowed servers to go all infantry,i can't find a strike at karkand 32\64 with tanks and that's what made battlefield battlefield.other than that, it's another call of duty...been there,done that. cindy

#20 - Posted by: ablah_ablah (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 08:25

i love the vehicles..all of them.they really lost me when they allowed servers to go all infantry,i can't find a strike at karkand 3264 with tanks and that's what made battlefield battlefield.other than that, it's another call of duty...been there,done that.

Right on! Couldn't have said it any better. :D

#21 - Posted by: death_0clock (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 16:22

i think it would be better named as just "Battlefield"

#22 - Posted by: brok (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 16:55

I dunno- I kinda like the idea of Battlefield 1943. Impossible to confuse what era it's about.

#23 - Posted by: GENERALHOLT (Member) on 09-09-2008 at 18:32

there going to f**k up a classic

#24 - Posted by: mark008 (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 04:24

from all series of Battlefield, only ones i liked was 1942 and 2142... thats all. but mostly 1942 because WWII style is really awesome in Battlefield series.

#25 - Posted by: ke200 (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 10:50

Reason? It's Battlefield 19frikkin42

#26 - Posted by: RedArmyLt (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 14:55

Some people think there have been enough WW2 games. I think otherwise. There is much much more stuff to be explored in WW2, just look at FH and FH2. So many things to improve upon and make the best WW2 shooter yet! With jeeps, tanks, airplanes, big aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines etc! And all of them with next-gen graphics! I'll never be tired of WW2 games until there is always something to improve, be it gameplay, history or graphics-wise.

#27 - Posted by: Mattressi (Member) on 09-12-2008 at 03:06

Reason: it's the only good Battlefield game EA ever made.

#28 - Posted by: superbob281 (Member) on 09-12-2008 at 18:26

Since I can get my word out to the gaming community here, allow me to say something. Impressive graphics are nice. There is nothing bad about a graphically beautiful game. But when you judge a game solely on its graphics, you are an idiot. Gameplay is where video games succeed. Do you think Counter-Strike is (or was?) the #1 PC game of all time because of its graphics? The graphics are mediocre if you ask me. But that doesn't matter. Gameplay makes up for that. And with a new game, you can expect newer graphics right of the bat anyway. I have spoken.