Weekly Poll Results - What sort of music do you listen to while playing Battlefi

What sort of music do you listen to while playing Battlefield?

Music? I listen to the sounds of the battlefield. 49.8% (462)
Metal. 11.6% (108)
Rock. 11.4% (106)
Dumbest poll Ever! (Thank LeeRider for asking for this) 7.7% (72)
Epic Orcesteral. 6.9% (64)
Dance/Club 3.5% (33)
Hardcore (I mean the music style) 3.2% (30)
Other (Rant about it in the comments) 2.2% (21)
Japanise pop. 2.1% (20)
Another games soundtrack. 1% (10)
Ballads. 0.1% (1)
Start: 01-05-2009 07:17
Last: 01-17-2009 05:05

#1 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 01-05-2009 at 07:20

Sorry about this poll being late, I was i'll over christmas and didn't want to throw up on my keyboard. Personally in the thrill of a Battlefield game, I listen to the sounds of the battlefield, and the screams of those I frag.

#2 - Posted by: timthedestroyer (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 07:22

I tried playing with music, but I gotta hear the battle. BF2 sounds all the way

#3 - battle.. and sneaking around - Posted by: Gandar (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 08:50

love sometimes to stay in one pos hidden for awhile.. then i turn sounds damn high to hear the footsteps of someone... and i actually hear them... nobody knows what hit him xD no music , in war you dont have time for it!

#4 - Posted by: Angrybob (Staff) on 01-05-2009 at 11:51

Ok, while playing BF, the sounds of the battlefield. Otherwise, rock / punk / hardcore / metal / screamo / etc... Good poll though. -Angrybob BTW: You spelled "Japanese" incorrectly.

#5 - Posted by: Angrybob (Staff) on 01-05-2009 at 12:13

Oh, and I can't forget Classic Hard Rock (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, etc.) -Angrybob

#6 - Posted by: Harmless911 (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 13:25

I don't listen to anything... I mute the sounds, my ears are very sensitive, plus sounds distract me.

#7 - Posted by: brok (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 15:37

I almost always listen to epic orchestral. Really elevates a battle to new heights. Hearing the battlefield is important too though, so what I do is get a epic piece (usually from the soundtrack of an action movie or game) chop it up so a particularly tense bit can loop seamlessly, then set it so that I can hear the music fine but the BF sounds are louder, and then start playing like it's my very own action movie. Hurtling through the skies thick with enemy aircraft over Britain while 'Tie Fighter Attack' pulses away is absolutely. Unbelievably. Awesome. I've now got a whole folder for my 'battlefield soundtrack.' I'd upload it if I knew I wouldn't get in trouble for copyrights etc, but I don't know if I'd be allowed.

#8 - Posted by: Infernal1 (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 16:54

I normally listen to Industrial or Aggrotech (something like Rammstein or Tactical Sekt). It's nice to hear when you make a kill and elevate your consciousness to another level of warfare :D

#9 - Posted by: XDragon5 (Member) on 01-05-2009 at 19:58

I don't listen to music. Thats probably why I am the first in my squad to notice armor is coming our way, and on what bearing. And what vehicle. All the time. Music ruins combat effectiveness and awareness.

#10 - Posted by: Michael_Mikes (Member) on 01-06-2009 at 05:16

I don't listen to music while playing any game unless it's suppose to happen. (eg., in Half-Life 2 or Crysis when a boss fight or an epic fight is about to start)

#11 - Posted by: Grenademan (Member) on 01-06-2009 at 08:22

lol @ the soldier wannabes I think you guys forgot its just a game. Anyways, music doesn't suit any Battlefield game. I like to hear the game for what it is, and save decent music for more action-packed games. Like Unreal Tournament. Or Rome: Total War.

#12 - Posted by: Grenademan (Member) on 01-06-2009 at 08:22

Oh and Metal. All the way. Death and Thrash metal. :rock:

#13 - Posted by: supahpingi (Member) on 01-06-2009 at 11:17

Playing vanilla is listen to punk rock,but when playing PR i listen to ingame sound becuase you will need to hear whats around you (and voip,isnt usied in vanilla anyway)

#14 - Posted by: Galileo126 (Member) on 01-06-2009 at 15:00

I gotta hear the sounds of the battlefield. My eyes are focused on what's around, but I use my ears to know what's behind me (tank wheels, foorsteps, a missed sniper's round, the gentle gurgle of a stabbed ememy... you know).

#15 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 01-08-2009 at 10:42

Classics from the 60's, 70's and 80's, I don't like many modern songs/bands. And no, I'm not some old fart, I just think they made better music back then.

#16 - Posted by: Nerdsturm (Member) on 01-08-2009 at 16:27

Orchestral, since it makes the game so much more intense well still allowing you to hear whats going on around you given that you balance it right.

#17 - Nope - Posted by: Jaja69 (Member) on 01-08-2009 at 17:06

I Hate To Listen To Bad Rap And Hip Hop. I Listen To The Sounds Of WAR.:rock::rock::r

#18 - Posted by: Karl_Wernicke (Member) on 01-08-2009 at 17:11

Those German oldies from the 30s are cool with ww2 mods like FH2 and BGF But vanilla BF2 is best without any music imo

#19 - Posted by: heydabop (Member) on 01-09-2009 at 10:37

I either have no music, or I have the Halo 3 soundtrack playing in the background, but not too loud that I still can't hear the sounds of the battlefield.

#20 - Posted by: General_Nikola (Member) on 01-10-2009 at 04:22

No music. I can't concentrate with music playing in the background. Oh and the guy who voted ''ballads'' made my day (no offence). xD

#21 - Posted by: redsnad (Member) on 01-11-2009 at 07:22

No music, need to enjoy the fight. Sometimes some Jimi and some Daft punk, if its mid day/early day. Oh, and the FH radio of course...

#22 - Posted by: scd_13 (Member) on 01-11-2009 at 14:58

If it is important I will just listen to the battlefield, otherwise if is just a bit of fun then I just listen to podcasts

#23 - Posted by: Mashimaro7 (Member) on 01-11-2009 at 15:45

I don't listen to music,but I wish I could.I like listening to music on the media player,but my computer sucks too much. If I could,Punk,Rock,Screamo,Metal,Pop,and some indie...

#24 - Posted by: brok (Member) on 01-11-2009 at 21:42

I kind of feel sorry for all those that literally can't listen to music and in game sounds at the same time. It must be torture whenever you go and see a movie...

#25 - Posted by: computernerd (Staff) on 01-12-2009 at 19:12

Hey bob how come you're never on xfire?

#26 - Posted by: PLEXI (Member) on 01-13-2009 at 08:37

Every now and then I'll put on a instrumental song that doesn't get too in the way....but I perfer the gun fire and bloody screams to be my music. :P

#27 - Posted by: MatmanDude (Member) on 01-13-2009 at 18:11

Country... no matter what game I'm playing. Course playing BF2 and hearing Toby Keith addressing terrorists with the words... Justice will be served and the battle will rage... this big dog will fight when you rattle his cage... and you'll be sorry you messed with the U...S... of Aaaaaaaa... 'cuz we'll put a boot in 'yer a*s! IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!" is much nicer than other games I listen to it with. TOBY KEITH IS THE GOD OF COUNTRY! Keith Anderson is his right hand man. :mepimp::thumbsup::mepimp:

#28 - Posted by: RussianComrade (Member) on 01-14-2009 at 00:48

Rock, metal, epic orchestral (Ace Combat soundtracks, lol), or just no music at all.

#29 - PINK FLOYD! YAH! - Posted by: CHIRPOLO (Member) on 01-14-2009 at 15:52

Pink Floyd is da beast, but the 80's albums suck, 60-70's are good. If you pick the right songs... mwahahahah mabye I had tooo much beer:beer:and a donut or two:donut::donut:

#30 - Posted by: dunk999999 (Member) on 01-14-2009 at 21:17

@CHIRPOLO I agree with you there

#31 - Posted by: brok (Member) on 01-15-2009 at 02:01

Totally agree with dunk999999 about the 60s 70s and 80s, and CHIRPOLO- Pink Floyd is my favourite band of all time, though I don't listen to either while playing. Actually that's not true- I've got a fantastic looping instrumental version of a song from The Doors that I listen to for some funky killin'....great stuff

#32 - Posted by: Meawir (Member) on 01-16-2009 at 15:35

Hardcore, screamo, post-hardcore, metal, heavy metal, rock and sounds of explosions, gun shots and engines.

#33 - Re: Pink Floyd - Posted by: Galileo126 (Member) on 01-16-2009 at 16:16

OK, OK... I tried Dark Side of the Moon last night while playing. It worked REALLY well with EOD. I now correct my earlier post. Good suggestion CHIRPOLO!