Weekly Poll Results - How long do you play bridge commander a week?

Published by Danny 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

How long do you play bridge commander a week?

Don't play Bridge Commander any more 24.8% (229)
Less than 2 hours 22.8% (211)
2 - 4 hours 17.6% (163)
4 - 8 hours 14.6% (135)
8 - 12 hours 7.8% (72)
40 - 168 hours 5.6% (52)
12 - 20 hours 3.5% (33)
20 - 40 hours 2.9% (27)
Start: 06-26-2008 13:43
Last: 07-03-2008 14:51

#1 - Posted by: kirk2164 (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 13:53

Simple answer, too much.

#2 - Posted by: locky (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 14:37

I would play more if it worked properly with a wide screen monitor.

#3 - Posted by: JimmyB76 (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 16:37

ya i agree - it is a shame BC doesnt like widescreen monitors much... perhaps someday that issue can be resolved...

#4 - Posted by: vonfrank (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 17:31

the next poll should be "How long do you Mod Bridge Commander each week?" because i mod the game more than i play it. Every time i start playing the game, i see something that should be changed and then i go crazy tweaking things up:)

#5 - Posted by: Freakman (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 21:09

Right with you vonfrank. I'm always constantly modding this game. "Oops, that phaser should have a different texture. Now it needs a better shade of green. Perhaps the inner core should be more white. Ok less white. I should make the outer core bigger. Is that Sovereign texture correct? Maybe I'll..." I'm a freak like that. If I had a CRT, there would be "Photoshop" nicely burned into the top left corner.

#6 - Posted by: Henze (Member) on 06-27-2008 at 02:42

#2 it works properly with my screen..not at 1600x1050...but works at 1600x1200.... I play it just 2 hours or less a week..man if i only had the time :P it looks very nice on the screen i have now :D i would play it nonstop :P

#7 - Posted by: Saddo (Member) on 06-27-2008 at 03:36

I'm sorry to say I'm not on really, do you know that the place is a warzone? There's a Cold War going on between DD= and nearly every other clan in BC.

#8 - Posted by: DeadCities (Staff) on 06-27-2008 at 22:12

Like the others, I don't play BC, But i do spend countless hours modding it, -Lint

#9 - Posted by: Henze (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 05:47

#8 hope you keep doing that!! nice jobs you've done man!!

#10 - Hmmm... - Posted by: HereticElven (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 07:25

I would play Bridge commander more but for some reason the KM mod doesn't like me and after about 4 days of playing after installation, the game just doesn't load up anymore. I double click on the icon and it just goes to a black screen with the KM cursor and my computer will happily stay like that for hours. The only way I've been able to do anything is by uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I just can't be bothered anymore.

#11 - Posted by: Cordanilus (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 08:03

@8 Same here. :D The only time I get to fire up BC is to see if my mod is working and if I have time to test someone's mod. @10 That can be fixed, I'd suggest go over to BCC and post in the tech support thread.

#12 - BC has changed purposes totally. - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 17:56

BC is more or less MORE fun modding for than playing. Though IMO its the BEST Star Trek game in existence. I do the same with A2. If I do play, it's just to fly ships around, or hang out in Earth Orbit with a select favorite ship. RP some exploration a bit... then no more than an hour later im busy with something else. I will never play BC as much as I used to. But I WILL NEVER EVER uninstall it. It's probably my sentimental favorite. I especially like tweaking the sound effects.