Weekly Poll Results - Now that Star Trek:XI's theatrical release has been 'delay

Now that Star Trek:XI's theatrical release has been 'delayed'. After seeing the preview. What are your thoughts?

I'll give the Movie a chance, showing support for the Franchise 28.8% (260)
Too many 'Core' fans are killing the Franchise with 'Constant' complaining 21% (189)
This is the worse step for the Franchise, Trek is about looking forward- 'No Prequels' 16.3% (147)
The Producers are 'Wisely' reinventing TOS Trek from the Base 10% (90)
The Producers should have stuck to TOS Trek Canon 9.7% (88)
The Theatrical 'Delay' was only too rake in the maximum buck's, during the summer ticket sales 8.1% (73)
I'll be waring 'Black' on May 9, 2009, Not supporting 'Non-Canon' TOS Trek 5.8% (53)
Start: 12-06-2008 04:40
Last: 12-12-2008 22:47

#1 - Posted by: kirk2164 (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 05:00

Too many people are complaining. The movie isn't even out yet and people think that the acting is terrible. How one can judge that from less than one minute of a feature film is beyond me. Personally, I will be in the theater opening day.

#2 - Posted by: limey98 (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 07:49

People are saying the acting is bad? o.O I don't like anything I've seen about it. The ship, the bridge, the bad guy, the reduculous car stunt . Chances are, I'll still go and see it, but I'm not holding out any hope that it'll be any good.

#3 - Posted by: baskev (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 08:48

I think like the 2 people above me that we must wait and see. Mabye a little bit over the top but that is not all that bad. only 1 thing i dodnt like is the new bridge is like to shiny like a to white.

#4 - Posted by: starfox1701 (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 15:00

I'm very old school were TOS is concered. But heres the facts. We don't know what we have yet the move is not out. Other than that ugly ship which may grow on us all.

#5 - Posted by: xpwolf (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 16:59

Im all for the movie, because it gives a new look to an old legend. Besides, its star trek, who cares if it is off cannon some. Sometimes you need to reinvent the past, to look to the future. Besides, if everyone bails on this film, you may sign the death sentence for the rest of treks future! Just look at what happend with enterprise. Personaly i loved it as it filled the need for trek, and when to many fans who didnt accept it complained, it got canceled, and now there is no new series... I rather have bad trek, then no trek at all. Another thing is, wasn't the moral of trek, acceptance of others and their ideals? So why cant we accept other show ideals?

#6 - Two things. - Posted by: afcZman (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 22:29

1) The poll title gives the impression that the movie getting pushed back is recent news but, obviously it was well over 6 months ago. 2) And so, it became fact(said so themselves) they moved it back for more money. * Moderator's Note: Third rule of Journalism, It's only "News" if you haven't heard it. This on the other hand? It's just a "frakking poll", Lighten up will ya? -BR32

#7 - Posted by: Dalekium (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 03:32

It's ok to re-invent the wheel sometimes. Same goes for the film. I'm gonna wait and see.

#8 - Stupid fans... - Posted by: Brannigans_Law (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 04:00

...they killed Enterprise, which was easily better than VOY and TOS (and possibly TNG) in terms of story, and better than all but DS9 for acting. Shame on you, fans... SHAME!!!

#9 - Posted by: Brannigans_Law (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 04:05

Oh, and the new movie looks damned fine. I even like the new Enterprise. Sure, they could'a made it look a tad prettier, a bit closer to the original, but who g******n cares? Judge the movie for what it is, like you should have judged Enterprise: judge it's story, it's acting, it's pace and it's action and leave your stupid pre-conceptions at the door.

#10 - I find EVERYTHING about the new Trek, very well done. - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 06:55

I absolutely LOVE the new pre-refit design. Just type in a Google search for Start Trek movie 2009, and you'll find a tonload of POSITIVE entertainment blogs..... but in every single one of those blogs, right underneath, in the Comments section, you literally have hundreds of comments... by Trekkers... filled with complaints about canon! It is SO depressing! Here's some examples: "...car scene was ridiculous..." (the purpose was to show that Kirk was a delinquent, its called 'character development') "...the nacelles arent right..." (what part of "redesign" don't you understand?) "...not respecting Gene's vision..." (okay.......... what...?!) I was "marketing" the trailer to an acquaintance of mine, and when I asked his opinion, he said, "Looks really cool, but I dont know, a lot of the hardcore fans think it sucks." For the casual moviegoer... "fan reaction" is a barometer for them to decide whether to go see a movie or not. SW fans raise a lot of hype for their movies. Let's do the same, y'know. Granted, its a fact that our franchise took a heavy nose-dive when VOY finished. Greatly in part to a poor executive decision to produce a prequel, that we know as ENT. (Enterprise ratings gradually fell and fell until its eventual cancellation.) But this MOVIE is different! Its using a tried and true formula "Kirk & Enterprise". Kirk is STILL better known than Picard as 'captain of the Enterprise". Let's give the "formula" that started Trek in the first place, a chance to 'restart' it!

#11 - Posted by: omega47 (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 10:40

I am a Dutch star trek fan and in the Netherlands we complain a lot trust me I know, nag nag nag nag all the time. But not after we (think) we have all the facts. I don’t know anything about the acting or about the story, all I have seen where spectacular visual effect, I thought the enterprise looked cool. But I am afraid of 1 thing and that is; that the movie is going to be a great movie but that is not going to star trek. Star trek has a couple of things that need to be in it such as the "human-condition" and a moral with a in-depth story. I am afraid that this movie is going have that, I am afraid it is going to be to fast. Like Transformers and Quantum of Solace. you know. There is a story, perhaps even a moral but all the action and the entire movie is going so fast that you can barley keep up. And I am afraid that is going to be to much like batman or superman and the X-men. You know to much special effects, not enough story, and fakeness. Yes fakeness it’s hard to explain but when I see it I know it. And I hope they don’t generalize it to much. Of course people who never have seen Star Trek should understand the movie and be able to understand it, but it has to be Star Trek and not something that looks like Star Trek. Well I will hear from you guys how the movie is, before I will be able to see. But please make the movie work, otherwise it might not even reach the “general†bioscope and I will have to travel to Arnhem or Amsterdam to see it and I just want to see it here in my hometown going there on my Dutch bicycle. Greetings, and buy cheese!

#12 - Posted by: josephdavis (Member) on 12-08-2008 at 12:17

agree with whats been said, rather have any film coming, builds new fans who will try all series and versions of trek, it keeps trek going which can not be a bad thing

#13 - He's dead, Jim! - Posted by: Myxale (Member) on 12-09-2008 at 06:34

I'll wait and see! But I have the feeling it will be more of a meh, film. Cuz lately the remakes were less than good! Hoping the best though!

#14 - Posted by: Liquid_Wolf (Member) on 12-09-2008 at 16:05

Like I said before ive got a m8 who’s studied media etc… and all that other “stuffâ€. He told me that once they have made the film and put out the trailer they can’t change it. So it looks like a real money grabber 2 me. So for now it’s around on a shelf and doesn’t do any thing till half way through nxt year. (Only an analogy) G8 keep the fans hyped up and hope we don burst 2 c it in the mean time. Haha some people will b so excited when it comes out those tickets will be flying and theatres will prob b full. O yah the GM (General Manager) at work said he ant a trek fan but he said it looks gd. So yah looks like a mony grabber 2 me. Like they don make enough as it is. wolf

#15 - Posted by: Dalekium (Member) on 12-10-2008 at 08:14

Think about it. Can yuo seriously imgaine the TOS Enterprise blowing the crap outta big bad Romulan nut-jobs with the sweetie buttoned bridge? Yes, it worked well with ST: Enterprise but that was on the small screen. Seeing the TOS Enterprise and bridge would make Star Trek look like a joke and no-one would take it seriously. So get used to redesigning things, otherwise things will come out as Fruit Pastilles.

#16 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 12-10-2008 at 15:20

i'll be very prepared for disappointment on the day.

#17 - Lol, funniest thing about this... - Posted by: FarShot (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 21:53

Okay, so I'm in high school, with the rest of my sophomore friends. We're in the top of our class, the best and the brightest. However, I must confess, I'm the biggest Trekkie in that school.... Anyways, we're sitting at lunch when the other people - all 8 of them - get talking about Star Trek, the new movie. Everyone says it looks cool, because they never really watched it before. But they feel with the new light on things, they'll be able to get it. I didn't even say anything the entire time they were talking! So I predict that because Trek is being seen in a new light, the franchise will see a new life, a healthy one. So instead of our children saying "Star Trek? Wasn't that some old sci-fi show?", they'll say "Star Trek? That cool series about space?" It would be awesome to have a new series because instead of dwelling on the old, we could expand on uncharted grounds. Look at what the new BSG series was able to do?

#18 - Thank you for volunteering that FarShot! - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 22:05

I feel that furthur aids my point, by bringing out the observation that non-Trekkers are not NEARLY as hard on Trek as hardcore-Trekkers are! Come on, guys! Lets cut our own franchise a little slack!