Weekly Poll Results - What did you think of the Christmas Day Ship Releases?

Published by Danny 9 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What did you think of the Christmas Day Ship Releases?

Good 27.1% (115)
Excellent 26.6% (113)
Average 23.5% (100)
Poor 18.1% (77)
Other 4.4% (19)
Start: 12-28-2008 10:16
Last: 01-04-2009 15:35

#1 - good - Posted by: cliperkins (Member) on 12-28-2008 at 10:22

but i thought my model might of been mod of the month due to the amout of mods posted on BC file front in dec :(

#2 - Posted by: Danny (Staff) on 12-28-2008 at 10:56

Next weeks poll will be the "mod of the month" poll ;) (its still december ;))

#3 - Posted by: josephdavis (Member) on 12-28-2008 at 12:01

always looked forward to xmas day releases :D its a tridition i do hope isn't going to stop

#4 - Posted by: Dr_McCoy11 (Member) on 12-28-2008 at 14:00

WTF ! who did vote for 'poor' ??!! :confused: people who were involved in creating these ships spent their free time and put alot of effort to make you a Christmas surprise present and now you dare to vote for 'poor' :eek: I gues no matter what quality (infact most of these ships are high if not top quality) these mods are you sould be grateful someone is still modding a over 6 years old game... It's an excellent gift from SFP :D

#5 - #4 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 12-28-2008 at 16:08

McCoy if you give some ppl the choice to be negative they'll just be negative, 25 new mods in one day is a nifty present ;) Excellent

#6 - Post holiday buzzin' it... - Posted by: Corrigious (Member) on 12-29-2008 at 14:07

As a new comer to the Bridge Commander community, and by extension, the game, I am grateful to the authors of the Christmas releases. Thank you. I must also agree with Dr. Mcoy. May someone stab those dejectors in the eye. My Romulan fleet no longer has gapping holes in it's repertiore.

#7 - Posted by: djayk3 (Member) on 12-30-2008 at 22:25

I guess I was looking forward to more Federation class ships. I'm not really a fan of the other races... don't anyone take that the wrong way.:eek:

#8 - Theres nothing wrong with being Negative - Posted by: Saquist (Member) on 01-01-2009 at 12:42

If you consider some of the mods that have come out like the Enterprise F design and the future Voyager mods these might be consider quite under the bar. I placed them as Average. The designs weren't very inspired but they were very competent. The texturing is where most mods let down. The texturing on these wasn't bad but nothing like the high detail we've seen from DJ Curtis.

#9 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 01-01-2009 at 16:21

The texturing is where most mods let down.

I agree, textures are always overlooked by alot of people

#10 - Posted by: JimmyB76 (Member) on 01-03-2009 at 06:41

WTF ! who did vote for 'poor' ??!! :confused: people who were involved in creating these ships spent their free time and put alot of effort to make you a Christmas surprise present and now you dare to vote for 'poor' :eek:! I gues no matter what quality (infact most of these ships are high if not top quality) these mods are you sould be grateful someone is still modding a over 6 years old game...

absolutely - i couldnt agree more! :thumbsup: and i think it is really unfair and a bit selfish of people to expect every single thing that every person releases to be as awesome in detail and amazingly crafted as such things released by elite modders like DJ Curtis (for example); and if something released isnt uber-awesome as such, the work is considered "low"... thats too bad... every piece of work should be encouraged, and not thought less of because it might not be as awesome as another modder's work... this isnt a competition, and people should be positive and grateful for anything they can have for such an old game... and, people shouldnt be snob-ish because they have been given amazing things in the past, so then to expect everything thereafter given to them be as good or better... i dunno, maybe it is just me; but i personally find myself thankful for everything people do for this game, no matter the quality or the mod; even if i may not like it personally and dont install it, i certainly wouldnt scoff at it and think so low of something someone else has done... there have been a number of modders over the years who have quit modding because of how some people can be so negative while not doing anything for BC themselves except complain and act like spoiled snobs... call me crazy; but i feel it's all about support, and thats why 6 years later we're still here...

#11 - Posted by: Dalekium (Member) on 01-03-2009 at 11:14

I must admit, 25 ships all by the same person and some of them basically the same with little differences? Not quite my cup of tea. Sorry Starforce. Have a :donut: