Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of the 'Ferengi' in the Trek Universe?

What do you think of the 'Ferengi' in the Trek Universe?

They were shown in a better light threw 'Quark' 24.3% (197)
I prefer the Ferengi as 'Comic Relief' 21% (170)
The 'Rules of Acquisition' made them more interesting 19.1% (155)
I liked seeing hte development of Ferengi Society 'Ferenginar' on DS9 12.1% (98)
Liked them better as 'Semi-Barbaric' cannibalistic raiders 8.9% (72)
Though 'annoying' Humans and the Ferengi were not all that different pre Federation 5.4% (44)
The Ferengi should have been developed as a Enemy of the Federation 5.4% (44)
Other... 3.4% (28)
Start: 10-04-2008 13:26
Last: 10-11-2008 14:04

#1 - Posted by: STARFLEET27 (Member) on 10-04-2008 at 15:32

The ferengi basically aren't all that different from humans during industrial boom. Both driven by the greed of wealth lol.

#2 - Not to say that they don't... - Posted by: iOSYS (Member) on 10-04-2008 at 18:23

Do you mean Capitalistic? I don't remember them eating their own.

#3 - Posted by: intercity125 (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 08:08

Shown better 'threw' Quark... Don't you mean Through?

#4 - Posted by: Riker_E (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 19:33

Quark, his brother, and NOG are really the only Ferengi i've ever really liked, those 2 from in ST: Voyager showed how STUPID an annoying they are, im surprised Janeway didn't blow their ship to kingdom come... Oh well, they're annoying and INFERIOR to Starfleet anyway...

#5 - Damn Ferengi... - Posted by: gshaw (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 21:44

Seriously, I can't stand them. Quark being one of the very very few exceptions. And maybe the grand Nagus, because he played in Princess Bride (in a past life or something...). But the rest of them are greedy, opportunistic, moral-less, sniveling little wretches. And honestly, there is only one use I can think of for Ferenginar and Ferengi space/planets: Testing new starship ordinance. Or perhaps experimental superweapons. Or studying the effects of controlled Meteor impacts on a planet... You get my meaning. ; )

#6 - Posted by: skipper (Member) on 10-06-2008 at 03:31

I use to like the Ferengi until my mates started calling me Nog as a nickname.

#7 - Posted by: chilapox3 (Member) on 10-06-2008 at 21:26

There seems to be a lot of spelling mistakes on this poll..

#8 - Other - Posted by: Leatherman (Member) on 10-08-2008 at 11:25

I have never liked the ferengi. I don't even think they are good "comic relief" either. I would prefer that they never existed.

#9 - heh - Posted by: 2x4b524p (Member) on 10-08-2008 at 22:16

the 2 in voyager were the same 2 in tng when they took the wormhole with geordi and data in seperate shuttles but missed the wormhole and got stuck in the delta quadrant