Weekly Poll Results - Which 'Bizzare' TNG episode was your Favorite?

Which "Bizzare" TNG episode was your Favorite?

TNG- Cause and Effect 34.4% (278)
TNG- Q Pid 14.6% (118)
TNG- Darmok 13.7% (111)
Other. . . 7.7% (63)
TNG- Skin of Evil 5% (41)
TNG- Frame of Mind 4.9% (40)
TNG- Remember Me 4% (33)
TNG- Devil's Due 3.2% (26)
TNG- Clues 2.4% (20)
TNG- Conundrum 2.1% (17)
TNG- Sub Rosa 1.8% (15)
TNG- In Theory 1.1% (9)
TNG- Allegiance 1.1% (9)
TNG- Shades of Grey 0.9% (8)
TNG- Samaritan Snare 0.8% (7)
TNG- Lonely Among Us 0.8% (7)
TNG- The Outcast 0.4% (4)
TNG- The Bonding 0.2% (2)
Start: 07-26-2008 01:01
Last: 08-01-2008 23:35

#1 - "Cause and Effect" - Posted by: Genesis119 (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 01:07

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority picked this episode. You've got the Enterprise blowing up, temporal anomalies, poker, and Kelsey Grammer. Seriously. Is there anything bad to say about this episode?

#2 - Damn, there's some good episodes on that list... - Posted by: Brannigans_Law (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 02:32

...there's also some absolute stinkers. Cause and Effect is damned good, but so's Darmok, Clues, Devil's Due... etc... Gotta be Cause & Effect though, as Genesis119 rightly points out, it's all good.

#3 - Posted by: DeadCities (Staff) on 07-26-2008 at 02:51

I found Cause And Effect rather boring actually. I voted for Darmok -Lint

#4 - lol - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 04:46

"Gotta be Cause & Effect though, as Genesis119 rightly points out, it's all good." lol That whole sentence comes across as one big fat collection of puns. Especially after researching Gen. 1:19. lol I was much younger at the time, so I barely remember any of the episodes... but Cause & Effect, too, stuck strongly in my mind. Cause & Effect +1

#5 - Posted by: theStarfleetKid (Staff) on 07-26-2008 at 09:45

I brought it down to 'memorable lines'-- "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra", and "Data something's GOT MEEEEEEEEE" came to mind. But the one line that I use more than any other from Trek comes from Remember Me (the episode which gets my vote), and it goes like this: "If there's nothing wrong with me.... then there must be something wrong with the universe!" :cool:

#6 - Posted by: Happy_Russia (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 11:47

"Frame of Mind" is definately the best one. It's one of those fantastic thought-provoking episodes. This goes up there with the greats. "I'M NOT CRAZY!!! I'm not crazy...I'm not crazy...."

#7 - He's dead Jim! - Posted by: Myxale (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 14:11

Cause and Effect is damned good and I like the blow up scenes quite a bit. I'm also a time-travel geek so this epi was cool in my book! Darmok was less spectacular than CaE but it did have a great educational message! So I vote for Darmok!:thumbsup:

#8 - Posted by: Konrad9 (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 11:04

Voted for Cause and Effect but Clues was also pretty excellent.

#9 - Posted by: USS_Akiraprise (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 22:08

How did Conspiracy not make the list? Best weird episode ever. :rock: Alien parasites that enter through your mouth and take over your body. Starfleeters eating worms, Geordi flying through closed doors, Worf and Riker getting their butts kicked by a 70 year old guy, and last but not least exploding head phaser shot. * Moderator's Note: How is Conspiracy a bizzare episode? Not as if the subject has not been touched on countless times in Sci-fi before. -BR32

#10 - Posted by: FarShot (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 05:28

I agree with Akiraprise. I would have picked "Conspiracy", because that episode was just insane.

#11 - Posted by: Saquist (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 10:04

Frame of Mind. My Absolute Favorite. Shows were I can't figure out whats going on are excellent.

#12 - Posted by: N1GH7H4WK (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 14:42

I voted Clues for the "WTF is wrong with Data?" factor. I was expecting to see Night Terrors on the list.... =( I think Cause and Effect got the majority of votes by having the Enterprise blowing in the beginning and then restored just a minute after. that was the trick to get the watcher hooked on.

#13 - Posted by: JediGandalf (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 19:20

I couldn't watch Night Terrors in the dark. "Cause and Effect" was good but it wasn't bizarre. "Time Squared" was more bizarre than that. Two Picards, one seemingly has collapsed mentally and figuring out WTF did that one come from. "Frame of Mind" takes my pick. Nice psychological thriller.

#14 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 07-29-2008 at 23:28

Cause and effect was a brilliant episode, but repeating the same sequence at a different camera angle (although appropriate), made me wonder whether that's all the episode was going to be. It was brilliantly crafted and TNG actors are a lot more natural in comparison with the other series' 'We've got to get out of here' - well done counsellor, you state the obvious and trash the ship, congrats. As someone else has said...Clues...another brilliant episode, but Darmok - it's in second place? Everyone seems to like it but me...what's going on? :P I vote for 'Other' - Timscape is my choice, I think it fits into the 'bizarre' category, it's not a typical day on the Enterprise-D, not that there is such a thing :P

#15 - Posted by: archer9234 (Member) on 07-30-2008 at 09:40

Cause and effect is my favorite. The irony is Braga wrote it, lol. Where did all his quality go to. I remember the first time I saw it, I was screaming at the TV "Listen to Troi for once, guys! ".

#16 - Posted by: Tych (Member) on 07-30-2008 at 14:36

Cause and effect was really good, but I think Frame of Mind was definitely one of the best and most bizzare.

#17 - Posted by: Nath_Hill (Member) on 07-31-2008 at 14:13

I liked Cause and Effect, but I wouldn't call it bizzare, really. I'm quite surprised Night Terrors didn't make it on the list, that's probaly one of the most bizzare episodes ever: a ship with a dead crew, Picard thinking he's getting crushed by a turbolift (i found that funny), Riker finding snakes in his bed, the doctor thinking a whole mourge of dead bodies are looking at her and, of course, "eyes in the dark" I would've voted for it if it was there.

#18 - Posted by: Dalekium (Member) on 08-01-2008 at 03:50

Ugh, Frame of Mind did my head in. But Cause and Effect, one of the most annoying, most enjoyable episodes I have ever seen!

#19 - Posted by: Saquist (Member) on 08-01-2008 at 22:11

Too bad more thang 200 people voted their favorite episode rather than the most bizzare but that just like election in politics...it's what you call a popularity contest. I'm not even sure Darmok and Cause and Effect fit into the BIZZARE category. It's amazing I can still watch Frame of Mind, begining to end after all this time.