Weekly Poll Results - Which Starfleet Officers showed the 'Best Performance' in

Which Starfleet Officers showed the 'Best Performance' in saving the Ship/Station from Imminent Destruction?

VOY - Timeless: Ensign Harry Kim 15.2% (125)
VOY - Deadlock: Captain Kathryn Janeway 10.5% (86)
TNG - Time Squared: Capt. Jean Luc Picard 9.4% (77)
TNG - Disaster: Cmdr. Riker and Lt. Cmdr. Data 8.6% (71)
TNG - Booby Trap: Lt. Cmdr Geordi LaForge and Dr. Leah Brahms 7.5% (62)
DS9 - Visionary: Chief Miles E. O'Brien 7.3% (60)
VOY - Bliss: Seven of Nine and the EMH 7.3% (60)
DS9 - Starship Down: Lt. Cmdr. Worf and Chief Miles E. O'Brien 6.3% (52)
ENT - Twilight: Capt. Jonathan Archer, T'Pol and Dr. Phlox 5.9% (49)
TOS - That Which Survives: Cmdr. Montgomery Scott 5.3% (44)
ENT - Divergence: Cmdr Trip Tucker 5.3% (44)
TNG - The Naked Now: Cmdr. Riker, Lt. Cmdr. Data and Wesley 4.8% (40)
DS9 - Civil Defense: Cmdr. Benjamin L. Sisko 4.1% (34)
ENT - Singularity: Capt. Jonathan Archer and Sub Cmdr. T'Pol 1.8% (15)
Start: 11-08-2008 11:13
Last: 11-15-2008 10:44

#1 - Posted by: Saquist (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 15:08

I haven't Voted yet. I wanted to see everyone elses' reasoning on this first. The ones that stick out are VOY: Deadlock: When Janeway destroys the ship to save the other Voyager... Great Episode in it's own right. Then Booby Trap: Geordi and Brahms are an awesome team to boot even as a hologram. It certainly wasn't easy to come out of that one alive. I love it when there are multiple tries and failures. It shows that it's not easy. I think most people can identify with that. But I think Spock should have been up there for Star Trek III. Dying to save the ship the way he did was perhaps the greatest expression ever.

#2 - Time Squared - Posted by: Fulgrymm (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 16:06

Because Capt. Picard went and shot himself in a somewhat cavalier manner, and that's bad***.

#3 - Posted by: mpaj (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 22:16

Def. Sisko in Civil Defense. Great Episode.

#4 - my vote - Posted by: Starforce_2 (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 17:53

must go to "booby trap" because that was just a good episode, and would later lead to a better episode when the real brams discovers geordi's program. However, you did forget a big one, when the 2 EMH save the Promethius from the Romulans and dish out some ***kicking.

#5 - Twilight - Posted by: Odyssey1319 (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 18:45

Oh, come on, people. I know everyone hates Enterprise, but that's no excuse. They stopped Earth and humanity from being completely ANNIHILATED. Surely that counts for SOMETHING?

#6 - Posted by: N1GH7H4WK (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 09:23

I was expecting Data's in Cause and Effect. quite a good way of saving the ships by saying "oops, looks like I was wrong." lol

#7 - Posted by: Corrigious (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 22:03

The omission of Captain Spock's actions aboard the Enterprise during the Genesis Crisis is an insult to the entire franchise. I am a fan of every incarnation of Star Trek, especially Star Trek: Voyager. That is why I can say the following statement honestly, and without reservation: I have reviewed the choices given, and have found them lacking. Given that Captain Archer and his crew saved planet Earth, the story lacked a certain... gravitas... which was captured in Capt. Spock's final moments. (Please see poll results for 11-01-08, post #19, for further discussion.)

#8 - Yeaaahhhh....... - Posted by: Corrigious (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 22:22

If you could just get back to me on that, that would be greaaate. Thanks.

#9 - Scotty and LaForge - Posted by: Jaydinator (Member) on 11-11-2008 at 11:02

I noticed that Scotty and LaForge were not listed up there for rescuing the Enterprise-D from the Dyson sphere, and next to Spock's sacrifice, I thought that was the most memorable.

#10 - Posted by: tanqexe (Member) on 11-11-2008 at 14:58

What about All Good Things...? Picard figured out the paradox. Granted, 2 of the Enterprises blew up, but the last one closed the rift and prevented the destruction of the last Enterprise and annihilation of life.

#11 - Posted by: dauntless (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 13:47

nah, my hat is off to the naked now. jesus dude, they did it all drunk/high :D

#12 - timeless - Posted by: Kaynine (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 21:28

gotta go with timeless. Harry, albeit, a bit angry at life, and Chackotay, AND the doc having to disect seven, the women he loved.

#13 - Posted by: Zube1337 (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 22:37

I think Deadlock and Timeless.