Weekly Poll Results - Who was your favorite 'Secondary' TNG Character?

Who was your favorite 'Secondary' TNG Character?

The Q 32.7% (368)
Lieutenant J.G. Miles Edward O'Brien 25% (282)
Guinan 14.5% (163)
Lieutenant Reginald Barclay 13.5% (152)
Ambassador Lawxanna Troi 4% (46)
Ensign Ro Laren 3.6% (41)
Other... 1.7% (20)
Lursor and B'Etor (The Duras Sisters) 1.4% (16)
Lore 1.2% (14)
Nurse Alyssa Ogawa 1.1% (13)
Ambassador K'Helyer 0.4% (5)
Alexander Rozhenko 0.3% (4)
Start: 09-27-2008 12:40
Last: 10-04-2008 13:24

#1 - Posted by: kirk2164 (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 15:23

Reg, I see a bit of myself in him.

#2 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 15:56

Q! Who else is the most arrogant son of ***** in the multiverse, yet shows his good side every time he helps the Enterprise out of another scrape. Gotta love the man for that (but is he a man, that is the real question!) -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#3 - Posted by: into_the_vortex (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 21:08

Seriously, find me a guy who was a teenager when Ro Laren was on the show and tell me he didn't have a crush on her. She was totally fine. Mean, but we all thought we could work past it... :)

#4 - Posted by: chilapox3 (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 21:12

I couldn't decide between Barclay, O'Brien, and Q. But I saw Reg first so I voted for him.

#5 - Posted by: Stu_1701D (Member) on 09-28-2008 at 11:15

Q would have to be my favorite but he'd be closely followed by Lore. Oh, and O'Brien wasn't a Lieutenant, he was a chief petty officer.

#6 - Posted by: Clive_1990 (Member) on 09-28-2008 at 15:29

who the devil is Ambassador K'Helyer?

#7 - Posted by: N1GH7H4WK (Member) on 09-28-2008 at 17:01

Q was a jerk lol I loved how he pissed off Picard as much as he could and all those "oh, how insignificant and linear you are, Jean-Luc... that will mean your race's end... and I'm sorry for you...."

#8 - Posted by: Solomon_Grace (Member) on 09-29-2008 at 06:22

I don't Miles O'Brien was a Lieutenant (jg). I remember one episode on DS9 where he referred to himself as a Chief Specialist or something like that. In the "Farpoint" episode of TNG, he did wear LT(jg) rank however. * Moderator's Note: O'Brien was a Lieutenant (JG) while he was on the Enterprise-D. He basically took a rank reduction to NCO-4 to get the Engineering posting at DS9. Sisko asked him about that. The posting was too lowly for a Officer grade. O'Brien wanted the challenge. As O'Brien felt needed, making all the repairs on the station. -BR32

#9 - Posted by: Dalekium (Member) on 09-29-2008 at 08:53

K'helyer was mother to Alexander, Worf's son. See episodes TNG: The Emissary: Season 2 Redemption Pt1: Season 4

#10 - Posted by: oberlerchner123 (Member) on 09-29-2008 at 13:59

I don't believe so many people like Q. I always thought the whole Q idea was stupid. I voted for Guinan. :)

#11 - Posted by: craign (Member) on 09-29-2008 at 18:56

Definitely Guinan, she rawks. :)

#12 - Duras twins - Posted by: CaptainFeisty (Member) on 09-29-2008 at 20:02

I'll never forget this one night I went into a Denny's a long time ago. It was late and the place was fairly packed with hungry people waiting for a table. Amongst the waiting patrons were these two women dressed as Lursor and B'Etor! Their costumes were incredible... Not cheap or homemade... they looked like they had just come off a Paramount set. They even had the gnarly klingon teeth :D and in true keeping with the show, they were displaying LOTS of cleavage in their low cut armor. :eek: I personally have never been to a convention, but I've seen a few people coming from them... but none of them had costumes that came even close to these two women. Sorry for such a long post, but I thought everyone might get a kick out of it. My vote goes to the Duras twins }> -Feisty

#13 - Posted by: Nebula (Member) on 10-01-2008 at 06:24

where is Garak??

#14 - Posted by: kirk2164 (Member) on 10-01-2008 at 06:51

Um, not TNG.

#15 - Posted by: Warmaker (Member) on 10-02-2008 at 09:04

Voted for Q. You know when he showed up, crazy stuff will ensue. He'll show up in thing you wouldn't think about. I recall him showing up in the Enterprise's bridge with a Mariachi band }> Let's not forget that with the Feds' arrogance, he subtly introduced them to the Borg.