SOL MULTISYSTEM Version 2 readme - July 2004
Sol Multisystem produced by Chris Jones
This mod has some requirements. You'll need to download and install the following before installing this mod:
From a fresh install of the game:
Patch your BC to 1.1 http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=2374
Use BCMP to install Foundation: BCMP: http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=4171
1. Nanofx2 Beta (the 1st version of this mod could work without NanoFx2. This version requires it.) http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=23469
2. New Orleans Class Mod Pack http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=18121 3. Peace Starbase http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=19547 4. Worker Bee http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=23993 5. USS Poseidon http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=20652 6. Neghvar (DX) http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=10566 7. Dominion Bug Ship http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=3751 8. USS Kissinger - http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=24206 9. Midas Array - http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=3331 10. Ark Royal - http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=7977 11. Hi-Res P81 Miranda http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=24322 12. Oberth Class - http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=24556 13. Peragrin Fighter http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=9503 14. Ambassador by P81 http://files.filefront.com/955007 15. Dominion Battlecruiser http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=6748 16. Romulan Warbird by C2X http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=23849 17. Starbase 329 http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=7668 18. MVAM Infinite http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=26555 19. NX Galaxy Class Mod Pack http://bc.filefront.com/file.info?ID=26627
Have the above installed FIRST!
This file will detect where Bridge Commander is on your hard drive.
The following ships are included in this download:
1. Orion Godfather Dreadnought http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=23610 It's a BC Mod File. I downloaded it to get the read me and the file was corrupt. The files included here were also in a big BC Mod I released in the Summer of 2002 - This ship was originally part of a Unimatrix One Mod pack.
2. NX Galaxy - FullModel, Stardrive, and Saucer models. This from BlackRook32 regarding the NX Galaxy models...
Included here are the final Galaxy HPs from Elminster. These are compatible with NFX2 and the ATP Mods. I've also added new Hardpoints for the Renegade and Rutledge (New Orleans Class), they now have running lights. The torpedo textures have been sized down. And the torpedo 'spread' effect can only be seen with ATP or ATP3. All the damage icons have been added to the tactical display. Also this mod can be used with the SFC Marine Capture Mod. Nothing like adding 4000 Marines onboard your ship.
3. Jupiter Station - see included readme.
4. Akira Class Mod Pack - see included readme.
5. Akira Class by P81
Because of a bug in the ArkRoyal download - I've included the Arkroyal and Hornet Models in THIS download. You still need to get the original download.
The Maps that NanoFx2 loads in every Quickbattle game have changed in this Mod. Starbase 12 is still available, but instead of Vesuvi and Belaruz, we now have Biranu and Rigil Kentaurus. Rigil Kentaurus is a real system in space, and the closest system to Sol. I thought it fitting it be included here. (file not included with this beta)
Update from the 'No Requirements' version:
If you are Federation or Klingon, you will see any defending ships in these systems as allies.
If you are ANY OTHER RACE, the defending Federation and Klingon ships and bases will show up as enemies.
This will make things a bit more realistic should you choose to be Romulan or Dominon or Borg.
Many new hardpoints, one for each required ship/station, from Elminster. These are an emourmous add-on to the mod, and make it much for fun. There's blinkers on every ship/station - even the Worker Bee - The Freighter has weapons - simply awesome hardpoints. You WILL enjoy these!
Each Planet in our Solar System is selectable by name in Quickbattle. To warp between each planet by selecting only one map, select Sol Multisystem. When you 1st get to the 'Multi-System', you will not be at any one planet, but will have the choice of where to go.
This download includes Sedna - the 10th Planet - discovered in February 2004. Planet texture by Dasher 42!
If you have the 1st Sol Multisystem installed, The Mutator will not change, and Earth will not have the same AI ships as before.
It is NOT required that you have Sol, or the 1st Sol Multisystem, installed first.
Original Sol System by Dasher 42.
Planet Atmosphere code by Nanobyte from NanoFx2
Atmospheres added to each system by Chris Jones, some coding by Jeff Watts, Jr. The planets here all have NanoFx2 Atmospheres, some newly created for this mod.
This file will detect where Bridge Commander is on your hard drive and will install all files to the correct folders. You do have the option of installing to a different directory by clicking the gray button next to the install directory.
Enable the following mutators:
Sol Multisystem Multisystem AIs Helm Override. NanoFx2 Beta
Select Sol Multisystem as a Quickbattle Map, and you'll have the option of warping to any of the ten planets in our solar system, along with any maps NanoFx2 has enabled.
Some systems have ships flying along until attacked. Some systems have ships that will attack any enemy entering the system.
Almost all the Federation and Klingon ships in these 10 maps are commandable. In some cases if you are not Federation or Klingon you can still command them, and turn them into traitors.
The Science vessel USS Hussatonic is monitoring the the data collected by the Midas Array data grid. Twelve unmanned Midas Array stations, separated by 100km in Mercurian Space. The Detection net is attacked by a flight wing of Jem'Hadar Fighters. The Hussatonic is damaged, the crew and civilian scientists must be saved.
The Carrier USS Ark Royal is on maneuvers some distance away 45,000km w/ a squadron of Hornet and PeragrineF1 Fighters, and will only respond to a fleet command or if she is attacked.
*The Jem'Hadar split up to destroy the Midas Array net and the DomBC hunts down the Ark Royal.
Mercury idea submitted by BlackRook 32.
VENUS: not completed - debating on having a busy Venus map as all the activity in addition to the other systems will cause lag in a multisystem setting. For now there's a simple scenario that has two ships in orbit of Venus, with 2 other ships hanging in the background as rescue ships that will tow the two orbiting ships away if they get damaged. If you attack the rescue ships, they will defend themselves.
EARTH has lots of activity. which will be evident once you get there. New Earth texture included, made by Captain 2xtreme, given to me by BlackRook32. You'll be able to dock with Starfleet Command at Earth. Earth and Mars each have a commandable Akira Class. Special thanks to Jeff Watts, Jr for some scripting work and mutator setup. (going back to Summer 2003).
MARS has a dockable Spacedock. A bug exists to where you have to have your commandable ship dock before your own ship can. We may have to live with it. A new DryDock harpoint is included that enables Mars docking. It will not affect normal gameplay. (Thanks, Jeff.) There's an stray asteroid here on a collison course with one of the stations. If you get involved in something else it is easy to forget about it. I like the idea of having to think about more than 1 thing at a time.
JUPITER also has a dockable base called Jupiter Station (Jupiter Station Model included here), along with 2 commandable ships that will dock as well. There are separate models of the NX Galaxy Saucer and Stardrive sections in the Jupiter Map. They will not integrate.
A note here on commandable ships. If you are Federation or Klingon most commandable ships will be your allies. If you are any other race they will not be commandable.
As far as docking goes at Earth, Mars, and Jupiter, you can still dock if the base is an enemy to you, but you'll get fired upon at Earth and Jupiter. The drydock has no weapons so it can't fire on you in the Mars System. Interesting idea, and enemy attempting to dock at your base.
New Saturn and Saturn's Rings models created by Jeff Watts, Jr. using Dasher's Saturn Textures. Dasher's texture is also used for the rotating color band atmosphere effect, implemented by Chris Jones. Saturn's rings are colored, using the same texture color as Dasher did with Saturn. The rings are transparent as well, thanks to Jeff. Saturn has two separate scenarios in progress. The main activity is the testing of Saucer Separation abilities of a Galaxy Class ship. The background activity has 4 shuttles moving around amongst Saturn's Moons, with an Orion ship trying to disable all of them. In hot pursuit of the Orion is the newly christened USS Kissinger. AIs are slightly different based on the race you choose to play as. Please note you cannot integrate the saucer and stardrive sections in this scenario. I may do something special with Titan based on new images from the NASA spacecraft Cassini.
Uranus and Neptune each have a faint ring system, as they do in real space. Jeff Watts, Jr is the author of the rings and the textures for them. Jeff would like to thank Cpt. LC Amaral for help and tips regarding the transparent rings.
There's a Klingon Neghvar on Patrol here, and two Orion Godfather Dreadnaughts wreaking havok. One of them goes after a Miranda Class ship that is conducting some new studies on the Uranus Moons. At present the system is set up to have the Neghvar defend itself if attacked, but I may change it to simply go after the Orions.
Two New Orleans Class vessels start in Neptune. If you start out as a Federation or Klingon Ship in Quickbattle in the Multisystem, one of them - a Sovereign - will come from Neptune to help you battle. You will not start out in any particular system with this mod, just deep space, outside the Sol System. Once you warp to anywhere in the Sol System, the ship will not follow, but suddenly get called away somewhere else. If by chance you play in the Neptune system by itself, both New Orleans class ships will be there to help. I'm considering leaving the Sov in Neptune at the request of someone posting on Bridge Commander Universe.
A new Cardassian Starbase hardpoint is included that gives the base Federation Phasers (near Neptune). The Federation phasers are quite powerful and the shield system has been enhanced. The original base hardpoint is included for backup, named cardstarbase.pyORIG. You can rename it by deleting the ORIG part from the extension to get the original file back.
There's two ships there that will go into orbit, One around Pluto, the other around it's moon, Charon. These ships will not react unless fired upon first, or if you use a fleet command. There are two other ships that will warp in from another system to rescue the 1st two ships if they get damaged enough. The damaged ships will be towed away. One goes to Earth, the other to Starbase 12, where they get repaired and go on thier merry way. This is an expanded version of what is in Venus in this download.
Dasher 42 made Sedna - the 10th Planet, and that is included here as part of the multisystem. Two Romulans enter the system here, set as enemies if you as a player are Federation or Klingon. The Roms are your friends if you are any other race. There's a Starbase here that defends against intruders - it gets attacked by the Romulans. This scenario was in Pluto in the 1st release of the Sol Multisystem.
Many thanks to Jeff Watts, Jr for some oustanding AI scripting that brings much life to these maps. Also many thanks to BlackRook32 and Elminster for their continued support of my efforts. El - these hardpoints are superb - the best in the business.
- Chris Jones
The following files are not required but will enhance your experience with this:
1. Dasher's Acceleration Intercept: http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=7299
2. JWattsjr's Warp Intercept: http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=17425
3. Sneaker 98's Warp Core Ejection Mod!: http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=19685
4. NXDefiant's FleetOrder Mod: http://defiant.homedns.org/~erik/STBC/FleetOrders/FleetOrders-current.zip (Engineering Mod http://defiant.homedns.org/~erik/STBC/Engineering/QBautostart-current.zip needed for Fleet Order)
5. Neutral Fleet Order http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=21424 (Engineering needed for this - you can order Neutral ships - ones that appear as yellow in-game - to do things)
6. Enemy Fleet Order http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=19711 (Hack into the enemy ship's helm)
7. Dark Gunman's BC Improvement Pack: http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=20752
8. Ship Submenu Mod - version 3 (organizes MVAM ships) http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16416
PLEASE NOTE THERE MAY BE BUGS. CURRENT REAL LIFE SCENARIOS DON'T ALLOW ME TO FINISH THIS THE WAY I WOULD LIKE TO AT THE MOMENT. PLEASE POST BUGS HERE, IF YOU LIKE, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS.
KNOWN BUGS: In the systems that allow docking, you'll have to dock a friendly ship before you can dock your own ship. Some ships appear as gray, which in some cases is on purpose so the AI will react a certain way.
Original SOL readme...
All images are copyrighted under the terms stated by their original authors, and are redistributed with this package under their terms. This package may not be redistributed without these credits attached!
--- Credits ---
* Mercury : James Hastings-Trew * Venus : A synthesis of textures by Bj”rn J¢nsson and by David Seal of JPL/Caltech. * Earth : "The Blue Marble", retouched synthesis *1 Moon : James Hastings-Trew * Mars : David Seal, JPG/Caltech; retouched
Jupiter : James Hastings-Trew * Io, : Bj”rn J¢nsson * Europa, * Ganymede, * Callisto,
Saturn : A synthesis of textures by Bj”rn J¢nsson and by Don Davis of JPL/Caltech. * Tethys, : USGS * Dione, * Rhea, * Titan : NASA/JPL/David Seal
Uranus : James Hastings-Trew Ariel, : USGS, retouched, with thanks to Tammy Becker Umbriel, Titania, Oberon,
Neptune : A synthesis of textures by Bj”rn J¢nsson and by Don Davis of JPL/Caltech. Triton : USGS, retouched
* Pluto : David Seal, Rawlings, CalTech/JPL * Charon : David Seal, CalTech/JPL
*1 Earth - A retouched synthesis of textures from "The Blue Marble" at http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Image by Reto St”ckli (land surface, shallow water, clouds).
Enhancements by Robert Simmon (ocean color, compositing, 3D globes, animation).
Data and technical support: MODIS Land Group; MODIS Science Data Support Team; MODIS Atmosphere Group; MODIS Ocean Group
Additional data: USGS EROS Data Center (topography); USGS Terrestrial Remote Sensing Flagstaff Field Center (Antarctica); Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (city lights).
All retouching done by Daniel Houghton AKA Dasher42 unless otherwise noted.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!