Weekly Poll Results - Looking forward to using Japanese guns in CoD5: World at W

Looking forward to using Japanese guns in CoD5: World at War?

Yes, I'm pretty curious of what they'll put in. 58.7% (305)
No, I'm going to miss those German guns. R.I.P. MP40. 21.9% (114)
Maybe, I'll probably stick with the Allied weponry anyways. 19.2% (100)
Start: 09-21-2008 14:08
Last: 09-28-2008 09:05

#1 - Posted by: Nightmare_Mapper (Staff) on 09-21-2008 at 14:09

This weeks' poll provided by Valonqar. Send in your ideas to files@codfiles.com with the subject "Poll Idea". Include your user name so we know who to thank. :)

#2 - Posted by: TheShady (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 14:10

I'm generally looking forward to the Japanese. Weaponry, uniforms, vehicles, etc. I just hope that they are portrayed as authentic as possible.

#3 - Posted by: pvtherman (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 14:33

I hope they do good job, from the originally line-up of japanese weaponry, it seemed like a really small selection, hope they get more in before full release

#4 - Posted by: Batman243 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 14:51

Sure the modders will take care of anything they forget.....should be interesting....Looking forward to it...

#5 - Posted by: Saigo109 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 15:53

im japanese and i know most of the guns for example the type99/38 or the type 100 and the japanese greandes and other stuff

#6 - Posted by: lotafatguys (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 23:34

I love Japanese weapons old and new! i saw alot of em in medal of honor PS2 games. I really hope we get some bayonet charges and Katanas to play around with most of all An added note: There will still be german guns in this game, also russian because you play as russians fighting germans at some point, roll on PPSH SMG

#7 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 09-22-2008 at 06:23

I guess there goes my love affair with the MP40 and Kar 98.

#8 - Posted by: superflo (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 06:29

Yep, MP40 and Mauser 98 will be in, as the game also features the eastern campaign 1945.

#9 - Posted by: Qmonkey (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 06:51

Just looking forward to the rifles, bolt-action, semi-auto - you name it.

#10 - Posted by: Valonqar (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 09:17

yeah, just read that there will still be a Russian campaign. I hope we get to use the BAR, i loved that gun in CoD1. Wasn't quite as awesome in CoD2. It also saddens me that there will be no english campaign, since this means that there won't be a CAPTAIN PRICE.

#11 - ? - Posted by: wicopp (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 11:20

No, I'm going to miss those German guns. R.I.P. MP40. ? Inform yourself before you start creating myths instead of polls,lol!

#12 - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 12:12

You'll be able to use all the German, American, and Russian weapons from CoD2, including more. You'll be able to use a small addition of Japanese weapons so far. And apperently also british. This Poll is a lil off.

#13 - Posted by: Lanf (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 14:33

I hope the lee-enfield somehow works its way in... I mean lee-enfield FTW! How am I going to sniper without one either? At least I hope there's some British weapons as easter eggs or something, if the brits aren't in the game at all. Maybe they'll get in by Australian connections, one can hope at least... Still maybe the Japanese can somehow muster up something that's almost as good as it...

#14 - Posted by: AEvilGuy (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 14:37

I probably stick the Allies weaponry, because there is only a small selection on Japanese guns and from a historical stand point, most were bad and unreliable...

#15 - Posted by: chyranus33 (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 23:28

They'll probably chuck in the Type100, Arisaka, Type97 and balance everything else with Allied or German weaps for mp... i don't really mind as long as there are USABLE BAYONETS!!! (the only thing that did not suck in MoH:PA) :rock:

#16 - Posted by: Darth_Awec (Member) on 09-24-2008 at 08:44

How can you have a Call of Duty without a good ol' British Campaign? D: I voted No, I'm going to miss those German guns. R.I.P. MP40.

#17 - Posted by: alWarLORD (Member) on 09-24-2008 at 16:14

I don't recall any Japanese smg beside type100 and this one wasn't used extensively in ww2, did they had any other automatics exept for heavy mg?

#18 - Posted by: 2ndADWilhelm (Member) on 09-25-2008 at 19:14

Id like to see what weapons they put in, but it just bothers me to think about CoD5 because it should've been COD3!!!!!!! stupid iw...

#19 - Posted by: Stampler (Member) on 09-26-2008 at 09:36

I cant wait to get using the worlds best pistol..that is more hazardous to its user than its to the enemy, The one and only, Type 94

#20 - aw.. - Posted by: ammokid (Member) on 09-26-2008 at 21:53

lm going to miss that g43...

#21 - To Everyone! - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 09-26-2008 at 22:05

I'll say again; None of the German Weapons are leaving! They're all in there! Mp40, Kar, G43, Mp44, Mg42, Mg34, and more! It's Germany vs Soviet Union and America vs Japan And the British are possibly to be included. It's just CoD4 converted to WW2. Made by Treyarch. Published by Activision.

#22 - Lol, can't wait :D - Posted by: Kill001 (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 20:21

Lol, people on Japanese sites are like: (translated) "Noes! I can't kill Japanese D:" "Holy sh!t! Ambushes!? AWESOEM!" or like: "Hah, we'll own American troops in online play" Can't wait :D