Weekly Poll Results - Now that we know the favorite weapon is rifles, what is yo

Published by xXezekielXx 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Now that we know the favorite weapon is rifles, what is your favorite type of rifle?

Bolt-action 31.7% (242)
Semi-automatic 26% (199)
Sniper (bolt-action, semi-, full-, etc.) 23.4% (179)
Automatic 18.7% (143)
Start: 07-27-2008 08:40
Last: 08-04-2008 21:59

#1 - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 11:51

You made a mistake. Snipers fit in the category of Bolt-Action and Semi-Auto. Assault and Battle Rifles fit in the Categories of Semi-Auto and Automatic.

#2 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 07-27-2008 at 12:23

Burst fire rifles?

#3 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 12:26

Any rifle. Give me a rifle, one rou- oh wait. I said that already.

#4 - Posted by: stev (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 14:53

Uh Sniper is not just bolt action Bolt action is not just sniper Semi and full auto could be same gun I give up, it's not worth it, too many brain surgeons around here. The only thing I would avoid is the full auto sniper unless you carry around a sand bag.

#5 - Posted by: RuhigSein (Member) on 07-27-2008 at 15:10

I'd put it like this. Bolt-Action = Precision, Battle, and Sniper Rifles. (Would you rather use a Bolt-Action Rifle?) Semi-Auto = Precision, Battle, Sniper, and Assault Rifles. (Would you rather use a Semi-Auto Rifle, and/or use your Rifle in Semi-Auto?) Automatic = Battle, Assault, Support, and Sniper Rifles. (Would you rather use a Automatic Rifle, and/or use your Rifle in Automatic?) Sniper being a choice on the poll is simply a mistake... I think.

#6 - Posted by: DarkReeper93 (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 04:23

i want 30 round burst to my riffel

#7 - Posted by: xXezekielXx (Staff) on 07-28-2008 at 09:05

RuhigSein, couple things: 1) formatting tags (UBB) is case sensitive. :) 2) whether or not sniper is on there is a matter of opinion... i think it's a very different class of rifles to have high-powered scopes -- they're used completely differently than non-scoped rifles. just my opinion on the subject.

#8 - Posted by: thecheeseman (Staff) on 07-28-2008 at 12:56

Bolt. Only way to go :P

#9 - Posted by: superflo (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 14:03

You know, what I really hate at CoD multiplayer are these sniper-wannabes. How can you consider yourseld as a real player if you are doing nothing but sitting in a dark corner the whole game shooting a rifle with a scope on it!? Oh, and for the poll I like semi-automatics for myself.

#10 - Posted by: Angrybob (Member) on 07-28-2008 at 20:36

Anything with a scope and a melee function works for me. :p I'm a sniper myself, but when it comes down to it I can hold my own against the best of 'em with a knife/melee. I suck at mid range, but close and far, I range anywhere from pretty good to great. (depending on how much I've played lately) -Angrybob BTW: I miss XOD server for CoD 2, that was the best server ever. I guess they moved on to CoD 4, (I don't know, I don't own it, I've just played it on Xbox 360)

#11 - Posted by: Hardy232 (Member) on 08-01-2008 at 04:15

Depends on what i'm doing. Long range bolt action or sniper. Medium-long semi. Short-medium semi. Short fullauto. In most cases the Ak 47 silanced in COD4. IN cod and 2 and possibly in COD5 the M1 Grand (if possible scoped)

#12 - >: - Posted by: Kill001 (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 20:34

2 and 3 round burst plz

#13 - Posted by: Keland (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 22:13

Defnetly bolt-action....love the reload.