Weekly Poll Results - So now that you have played the CoD5 Beta, what are you th

So now that you have played the CoD5 Beta, what are you thoughts?

It's great! I'm going to buy this on the day it comes out. 36% (175)
It's ok, could be a lot better though. 23.5% (114)
It's good, it has the occasional glitches, but it's fun. 21.8% (106)
Just terrible, you won't see me playing this. 11.9% (58)
It's bad; I might buy it, in a few years. 6.5% (32)
Start: 11-02-2008 09:31
Last: 11-09-2008 10:05

#1 - Posted by: Nightmare_Mapper (Staff) on 11-02-2008 at 09:32

Send in your ideas to files@codfiles.com with the subject "Poll Idea". Include your user name so we know who to thank. :D

#2 - Posted by: SgtDylan (Member) on 11-02-2008 at 09:42

i voted for me to buy in a few years. games like combat arms have comparable graphics, and those are free. not saying i like CA, it kinda sucks. but i can play it on my grandpas 32mb graphics card.

#3 - Posted by: NovemberDobby (Member) on 11-02-2008 at 13:26

It's great apart from the sound problems which I'm almost sure have been fixed in the full game.

#4 - Posted by: Frieden (Member) on 11-02-2008 at 14:45

How about an "I don't trust Beta's" option? :D

#5 - Posted by: pvtherman (Member) on 11-02-2008 at 17:18

You should put an option saying "What Beta? I'm still trying to get this stupid piece of shi* demo to work on my computer!"

#6 - Posted by: Outcast4576 (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 04:25

They seriously need to fix some of the glitches. ie black screen and server authentication error.

#7 - Posted by: Neutronium (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 04:28

Ok - could be better though.... Those dogs - don't like them at all. Battle chatter (is that what it's called?) - a bit cheesy The game "feels" a bit strange - sorry can't explain it better I know it's a "beta" But hey, I'm a CoD fanboi so yes, I'll buy it and live with it and enjoy it! :)

#8 - Posted by: tiebar90 (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 10:54

@6 thats the beta not working not the actual game itself im willing to put money on that when the game actually comes out you wont get that problem its 9 days away

#9 - Posted by: Fragile84 (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 13:41

Everybody is talking about a 'bèta', as if there's going to change something between now and the release of the game. Forget about that. This is no real bèta. For the rest, I totally agree with Neutronium. It's just a bit disappointing... Nothing more, nothing less... Except for this f****** dog ****, that's just unforgivable....

#10 - Posted by: EON_8 (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 15:07

I have a feeling CoD5 will be one of the best selling games of 2008. The beta was great, so by logic, the final should be even better. And to those who are going to complain about how this game will be exactly like CoD3, keep in mind that Treyarch only had 9 months to develop the game. This time, they had two years to develop CoD5.

#11 - Posted by: AussieGeneral (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 18:57

one thing is there is a missing option No key. EVERY TIME I TRY TO GET A KEY THERE ARE NONE WERE DO YOU GET THEM ANSWER PLEASE!:furious::furious::furious:

#12 - Posted by: pvtherman (Member) on 11-03-2008 at 20:02

did you look at your profile at the cod website, it's under your name in your profile/edit screen i think, that's where i found mine

#13 - Posted by: computernerd (Staff) on 11-04-2008 at 07:04

can someone refresh my memory, what was so bad about COD3? seriously I haven't played it in a long time so please someone tell me:confused:

#14 - Posted by: conquest44 (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 07:24

@10 CoD5 is nothing like CoD3, it is A LOT like CoD4, including similar bugs and unfair things as well (such as that .8 second of invincibility while switching to last stand).

#15 - Posted by: tiebar90 (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 07:46

nothing is wrong with the game people are just cry babys that cant appriciate something if its not the best of the best

#16 - Posted by: Wallaberto (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 15:25

bad things: -the spawnpoints are worse than in cod4 -the dogs are too strong -the overall sound of the game is -see above- cheesy good things: -me like the japs! -map layout is good (only 3 in beta) -overall graphics are good but need more shading imo -hey ... it's Call of Duty!!!! need i say more

#17 - Posted by: AussieGeneral (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 21:37

Thanks for the assist pvtherman now to rack up some kills muha ha ha }>

#18 - Posted by: AussieGeneral (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 22:03

dude when i sign up and get to the avatar section its blank and i can't do anything help its frustrating

#19 - Posted by: AussieGeneral (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 22:26

wait i figured it out and sorry for tri post

#20 - Posted by: MADCAR (Member) on 11-05-2008 at 07:00

I'm pleased with beta, somebody finaly rememberd to put active corpses and delimbing in the game. The dogs ain't a problem to me, I just knife them all when they come close enough. BUT THE SOUNDS!!!! THE ******* SOUNDS!!!!! They are real guns!!! Not the BB ones!!!

#21 - Posted by: AEvilGuy (Member) on 11-07-2008 at 14:10

I haven't played the beta, but did prong the stupid perk thing and the ability to put a silencer one every gun with a scope... if they did.. screw realism.

#22 - Posted by: Lanf (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 02:02

I can't believe the kill cam reload minor graphics glitch is still there, if you see someone reload towards the end of the killcam, and they dont finish, if you spawn with the same weapon, you finish the animation. Its been in COD2 and COD4, don't know about the other 2...

#23 - Great besides... - Posted by: Hunter1942 (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 05:08

The beta was a great experience for me and I enjoyed playing it. As said before, the sounds need to (and probably already are) be fixed, the bolt rifle damage, as they are all underpowered, and the kill cam reload glitch. Other than that, I though the game was extremely fun. The dogs are very cool, and I think they're a great addition, and much more reasonable than the aimbot helicoptor that was in COD4.