Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of going back to World War Two?

Published by xXezekielXx 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What do you think of going back to World War Two?

Great! I can't wait to fight with the M1 Garand again. 46.6% (386)
Terrible, they should stay with the modern warefare and move up from there. 24.8% (206)
O.K., but I wish Treyarch tried a different time period. 19.8% (164)
Mixed / Other 8.6% (72)
Start: 06-15-2008 07:09
Last: 06-23-2008 07:47

#1 - k22 - Posted by: k22 (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 08:47

WW2 is great but they should try 1939-40-41 and make german level too (but not like "company of heroes OP" that make german levels very weaker than us or british levels!

#2 - Posted by: voolma (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 10:29

There shuld be option that I support it but hate that treyarch to it.

#3 - Posted by: robrecht88 (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 11:00

I think that thing about fighting with the M1 Garand was ment ironically, but it really applies to me. I love that gun!

#4 - Posted by: ghost02 (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 11:16

yay WWII! I want you back.

#5 - Posted by: Stampler (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 12:58

#1 how do you mean weaker.....like easier missions?

#6 - Posted by: Lanf (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 13:33

I've got mixed feelings about WW2 again, on the one hand, I played COD2 a lot more than COD4, and I do kinda like its slower paced, as well as loving the M1 Garand, but on the other... I'm just doubtful about treyarch. I'm also curious about whether the campaign will be more COD4 style than 2, where it aims for cinematic intensity and builds upon the characters a lot, or the one I suspect more, COD2 style, but probably worse... I'm also doubtful about the theatre.

#7 - Could be worse... - Posted by: the_king124 (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 14:03

I don't like trearc much either. But you must bear in mind this about cod3 before you all go damming them: cod3 was made in 11 months, cod5 will get two years. also trearc had to make cod2 big red one at the same time... Therefore I think that because of less presure on trearc, we could be looking forward to a much MUCH more exiting experiece than in cod3. And finally, without competition, infinity ward would have no reason to make a good game. That's where most other games fail.

#8 - Posted by: superflo (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 02:31

I'm a WWII freak. CoD4 is a very cool game, the upgradable weapons, the perks, the graphics, the maps, many players, etc. BUT if I compare all that to a warm summer night in Normandy or a trip to north Africa fighting against the Afrika Korps or an urban warfare in Stalingrad or the fight in Hurtgen forest in winter '44, than I have to say a WWII game is a better game for me.

#9 - Posted by: Mattressi (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 03:22

Mixed; WWII sounds good, but Treyarch...well why bother?

#10 - Posted by: MADCAR (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 04:52

i think that it shuld be great to go back but not stupid campaings like in CoD3 i just hate when russians are missed out of the game and i want to charge again NOW POSSIBLE CAMPAING TIME!!! 1st campaing: leningrad-russians 2nd campaing: north africa-germans 3rd campaing: gold or sword beach at D-day-british 4th campaing: belgum-americans 5th campaing: eastern germany-germans 6th campaing: berlin-russians somewhere between 1st and 2nd should be kursk and in the end of the 5th main german character should die

#11 - Posted by: superflo (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 05:28

And MacGregor should be included. He rules.

#12 - Posted by: Dibbes65 (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 08:02

Jumm, can´t wait to play it.. Back in the jungles like in MoH:PA.. WWII continues to be my favorite theme for games, but I´d love it if they put out a Call of Duty that takes place in the Vietnam war (you know, like the missions in Vietcong, which by the way is for me the best storyboard a game has ever incorporated, and like in Men of Valor.. Anyways, the war in the pacific is a great choice, it´s just that WWII has just become a bit too saturated for me..

#13 - Posted by: Denuto (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 13:32

I ratter save the world of tomorow ,than reliving the terrible pain from the past.

#14 - Posted by: ACE01uk (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 17:19

Live in the now not in the past.

#15 - Posted by: Howitz (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 19:43

WW2, a great period for games. since its gonna be in the pacific, and a newer game, imagine the lush graphics of the pacific

#16 - Posted by: stev (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 21:52

I heard cod5 is already on it's way, if they only lock the config and other files I would be happy.

#17 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 06-17-2008 at 05:39

Great! My only gripe, is the fact that it's the Pacific theatre. Although we've beaten Europe to death, the Call of Duty 4 engine will completely rework it. Who knows? Call of Duty 3 was crap, but maybe they'll succeed here.

#18 - Posted by: 101Airborne (Member) on 06-17-2008 at 12:26

Well, I'm glad that someone is going to be making a Pacific Theatre game that may actually be good this time around. And using their new engine with ragdoll and the new physics they had in COD4 would be a great addition to a WWII game. Don't see many next-gen WWII games, other than HH coming in.

#19 - Posted by: OposumSmrti (Member) on 06-17-2008 at 14:00

Yay, yet another generic WW2 game. FFS, move to some other freaking period of warfare! WW2 makes loads of people puke.

#20 - Posted by: Fyurii (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 01:25

I'd prefer staying in the Modern setting, but at least it won't just be more "German Bashing"....... On a sidenote, I honestly don't see anything wrong with MOH: PA, I really love that game more than the previous (or more recent) MOH games.

#21 - Posted by: robrecht88 (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 05:40

It won't be just German-bashing, you'll get a shot at the Japanese, too. I just came up with an idea for an expansion pack: the Korean War.

#22 - Posted by: Meawir (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 07:56

I'm starting to get very bored of WWII games. You ALWAYS use the same weapons, usually the same kind of stuff you have to do.. I personally hate repeating history. I'd love to change my own but that's another subject^^ Anyhow, I think that they should make more modern-technology based games. Just had an idea for the usual difficulty settings... It would fill insanely much, but possibly would be considered nice. Creating the Easy difficulty by starting at a basic training facility, and then moving on to the more action-part of the game. Medium: still training, but a little harder, then you create a completly different scenario in the rest of the game that's a bit harder. Hard: no training, and a very hard third scenario in the game. So you actually kinda buy 3 games when you buy the game. Though, if you want the whole story of the game revealed, you'll then of course have to complete it at all three difficulties.... And that would be boring if you start the game on hard or medium...

#23 - Posted by: Raygen (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 08:09

Treyarch fails epicly. I doubt they will do any better on Call of Duty 5 than Infinity Ward did on Call of Duty 4. Also, I've heard that they will now pick "another scenario", meaning that neither WO2 or modern warfare will be featured. Good, because 3 parts about WO2 is more than enough, but on the other hand, I still would like to see some more about modern warfare... CoD4 was quite short...

#24 - Posted by: stev (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 17:08

Second thought, after going back and playing MP just to check out new maps. I AM NOT WASTING ANOTHER DIME ON COD UNTIL THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE RAMPANT CHEATING.

#25 - Posted by: pvtherman (Member) on 06-20-2008 at 08:59

Wow i'm kinda surprised that they would actually go back to world war two. Not that i mind, i love call of duty world war 2, just surprised though. Treyarch's doing this one though, looks like ww2 fans are going to be on their heels on how this one's going to turn out. But i think it would be a cool mix if Call of duty switched back between modern to ww2 to anything in between (or ahead). But if they do quit ww2 after this one i'm hoping that call of duty 5 will turn out to be a good end.

#26 - Posted by: zohar (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 02:43

I think they should do 3 campaigns like this: Russians-east front Americans-pacific British-north africa i think they skip the west front this time,there are a lot of games including that...

#27 - Posted by: zohar (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 03:45

and they should include all of the battles on these fronts BTW sorry for double post

#28 - Posted by: Fear93 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 09:26

How bout a WW1 game for once? theres not a single good looking ww1 game out there.

#29 - Posted by: wjj91 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 10:48

LOL at 28, on the back of the box it would say "with 6...thats right 6 authentic weapons!" Enfield, lewis gun, webley, German rifle, German mg and German pistol (im not sure what weapons they had back then)....i mean cmon WW1 what would you do? wait for the whistle then run out across a field and watch all your team get picked off by the German Mg squads, 'press f to put your gas mask on to stop the mustard gas attack.'........needs a little more pace and action for my liking. now for my say, i reckon either Vietnam (men of valor was poo, Vietcong was alright) they need a GOOD FPS set in Nam with plenty of jungle to fight in or the city battles such as Hue etc. OR modern! i mean really modern almost battlefield 2142 style or possibly Crysis or Tom Clancy's End War, nothing crazy like fighting invading aliens i just mean more advanced weaponry and viechles. Who says we HAVE to stick to older periods, why not invent our own?! push the boundaries and try something different for once

#30 - vietnam - Posted by: slidingcookie (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 11:38

i think it should be vietnam because they really skiped Korea and vietnam so i think they should go back to one of those

#31 - Posted by: AndyWhyberd (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 17:14

At last PTO :P And WW1 wasn't just trenches. For the first 2 years it was a very mobile war. And in WW1 you could have the British, Canadians, French, Germans, Italians, Austrians and a host more. Pick up a damn history book and read.... But id love to see a COD: Vietnam as Vietnam is an awesome time period for games, its almost modern with the weapons but is in the past enough for us to remember it happened in the 1960's / 1970's.

#32 - Posted by: DimMakDado (Member) on 06-22-2008 at 08:01

vietnam would definitly rock-if they did namkinda like they did cod4,with weapons that are still a bit customisable,and a mix between cod4 weapons and those of WWII and off course the music I think they could make the best nam game ever,I would also like a futuristic cod6 or 7 kinda like bf2142 only cod way. I'm not rly looking forward to cod5,not after customisable weapons and perks,after stuff like that,going back to tommy guns and m1s is ridiculous,though I believe that it will probably be the best pacific theatre game ever,treyarch or not...