Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.
Direct from EA:
[quote]Dear C&C Generals players,
We're continuing to hammer out Patch 1.4. It's looking really good so
far and we're on target for release early next week. Most of the work
is done and we'll be testing till then. Here's a tentative list of the
contents. It may change depending on how testing goes but it should give
you a ballpark estimate on what to expect. We'll keep you up to speed on
TENTATIVE 1.4 LIST
- Fixed the "repeat games in the custom match game list" problem.
- The game can now track who the offending disconnector is in a game.
That player will get a loss and also lose a rank point.
- Changed the lobbies to only list the games contained in that lobby.
Also renamed all of them after different countries...USA, Germany,
Korea, UK, Australia, China, Europe, Asia, etc.
- Fixed a problem where the user could sometimes lose connection to
- Increased the allowed time for game to negotiate matching between
- Added the 3:00 rule for a game to count on Generals Online.
- Made a change for modders...added -directory command line.
- Fixed the rank hack where some players appear to have a higher rank
than they should.
- Fixed the "no artwork" problem for a Random Private.
- Fixed an autosave problem in the Korean/Chinese versions.
- Fixed a crash related to user DPI setting.
- Added a new multiplayer map.
- Made some balance adjustments (may change):
* Tunnel Network build speed decreased.
* Marauder Tank hit points increased.
* Stealth Fighter hit points increased.
* Explosion damage done by Chinese Nuke Tanks
when they are destroyed reduced.
* Nuke Cannon locomotor changed so it moves the
same speed when damaged, not faster.
* Aurora speed increased after it drops a
bomb. Damaged speed increased.
OTHER THINGS WE'RE LOOKING AT
- We continue to track down serious error issues. We are working with
people who write to [email protected]
- We continue to look at firewall issues.
- We've been keeping an eye out for online trainers, cheats, etc.
- We're working on the ladder kit. See previous post for status.
- We're working on a help bot for the lobbies.
- We're making more multiplayer maps.
I hope all this gives you some insight into the work being done. Thanks
for your continued support.
I really hope they can solve the online problems. Maps and lobby names and balancing units are not as important as getting the actual gameplay itself working for most people.