Weekly Poll Results - What sort of tactics do you employ?

Published by JohnWE 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What sort of tactics do you employ?

Construct a massive base with tons of defenses. 45.9% (282)
Build up a large force and attack! 27% (166)
Use sneaky infiltration tactics to disarm the enemy. 15.7% (97)
Rush with a strong vehicle force! 11.2% (69)
Start: 08-18-2008 21:13
Last: 08-25-2008 20:37

#1 - Posted by: anazonda (Staff) on 08-18-2008 at 22:29

I used to use the Heavy base defence (turteling) but in the end it just did'n work out. After switching to the more offensive "Large force" strategy things work out much better for me.

#2 - Posted by: CnC_Fin (Member) on 08-18-2008 at 23:19

I build base defences and strong attack force, but I also like to use infantry:rock:

#3 - Posted by: anazonda (Staff) on 08-18-2008 at 23:47

#2: Would'n you agree that cannon fodder (infantry) can be a really nice diversion for your actual invasion force?

#4 - Posted by: rich19 (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 01:10

Rush, then keep the pressure on.

#5 - Posted by: dennis_the_menace (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 02:10

how about the way JohnWE plays? scout, build refineries then build forces on land and in sea. I'm most successful doing this with the empire so far I've won 7 games in a row. I'm not that good with the other factions though.

#6 - Posted by: cruisepoper (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 02:28

I'm like CnC Fin I build a heavely guarded base with lots of defences and garrissoned buildings etc... a bit of everything is the best tactic;)

#7 - Posted by: Aliasz0rz (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 04:12

Cut-throat rush/steamroll.

#8 - Posted by: deathM (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 10:26

i like to build a simple base with tons of defence's where the enemy cant get past,a superweapon and some troops ready if the enemy has a superweapon,and then a army to rush them,but IF i'm bored and they dont get past the defence's any way, i use sneaky force xD

#9 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 15:24

Well, my tactics- CnC TD - Well, lots of defenses, build tons of weak infantry. CnC RA - Psh, never won a match. CnC TS - Umm...never played that one much... CnC Renegade - Wait a second... CnC RA 2 - Psh, again, lost. A lot. CnC Generals - Humvees FTW!!! CnC GZH - Well, read the last one... Apparently I suck. YAY!

#10 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 17:16

Depends if I want to get it overwith quickly or drag it out and sweat the enemy. ;)

#11 - Posted by: SageHarpuia (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 19:23

Uh, I tend towards a strong midgame. Build good defences to stop rushers, then come in with fully-upgraded units. (not supperior numbers, but superior qality!) If that dosen't work, (or even if it does) I clean up the endgame with superweapons and special powers. Still the same tactics that I used back on Age of Empires II! =_,=

#12 - Posted by: CdtCplSheep (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 21:24

a big base and sneek tactics. the best offence is a good defence apart for when your defence is the perfect target fo a scud storm!

#13 - Posted by: Mr.Funsocks (Staff) on 08-20-2008 at 00:11

Where is the: Lolz, Balanced Force?

#14 - Posted by: DarthAlexia (Member) on 08-20-2008 at 08:46

i just build up till i get a super wepen then blow the enemy to..uh the ground:D

#15 - Posted by: deathM (Member) on 08-21-2008 at 09:50

@9,well,if u use weak infanty...and the enemy some very heavy tanks or many quick ones,guess ur infantry = quickly flattened:P

#16 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 08-21-2008 at 12:34

Personally I've always liked the sneak attack with a small group of very powerful units I like to takedown the enemys power and then con yard, from there its simple rushing.

#17 - Posted by: I_like_eggs (Member) on 08-23-2008 at 19:28

Me? Havent really ever played CnC games online until now. But personally my best weapon is intel, constantly be aware of my enemies and track how their deploying their forces, its absolute gold. Although when i play the ruskies i tend to go out and probe with conscripts n flak guys before moving in with tanks while teching up

#18 - Posted by: attackmike (Member) on 08-24-2008 at 12:15

i like a sneaky force to attack them(i most likely cap their conyards n if it gets packed up it dependeds on my factionXD) and later on in the game a large mixed armyXD

#19 - Posted by: I_like_eggs (Member) on 08-24-2008 at 23:52

Sickles are rubbish recon units, they cant harras for chat, and appropriate AT measures tear them up all too easily