Weekly Poll Results - What would be a good time-period for CoH2?

What would be a good time-period for CoH2?

Definitely WW2 Again 38.3% (543)
Vietnam War 22.2% (315)
Gulf War 9.9% (141)
Cold War against Communism 8% (114)
Alternative history WW2 - why does it need to be based on history? 7.9% (113)
Korean War 6.2% (89)
Somethig in the future - Make it SciFi 5.2% (75)
Other 1.8% (26)
Start: 09-15-2008 17:14
Last: 09-25-2008 21:06

#1 - Posted by: Dezaro (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 18:03

There's so many angles to WWII and so many theaters that have just been left alone. Where are the Chinese, Japanese, Soviets, British Colonial Forces (Aussies, Kiwis, Indians etc) and not to mention the Scandinavian and Yugoslav resistance forces both against the NAZIs and the Soviets. I just wish I could get a game that looked at all angles not just the American angle.

#2 - Posted by: Darth_Windu (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 18:55

Honestly I can't decide - except for WW2 again ALL of the options would make a fantastic CoH game!

#3 - Posted by: Deutsch_Guard (Member) on 09-16-2008 at 10:14

Alt. history for me - I love the whole Axis invasion of America with Nazi robots type thing. But tbh, anything where you can play as Germany is good - even WWI

#4 - Posted by: Cpt_Mackay (Member) on 09-16-2008 at 19:07

I think the Vietnam or gulf war would make an interesting game but Cold war would have to be better than WiC, a nearly impossible feat, and it would have to somehow make a different story line like us invading Russia

#5 - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-17-2008 at 14:32

Im suprised vietnam got so many votes. I really want another vietnam game, and although coh wouldnt be the best for it, I voted vietnam anyway. Korea could also be interesting

#6 - Posted by: Fugui (Member) on 09-17-2008 at 23:45

I would really like to see the Pacific Theater with a Japanese and Chinese side (of course the chinese would probably be minimal huh?) and I really would want to play as Rommel! Yay deserts!

#7 - Vietnam or WW2 - Posted by: Killa_Joe69 (Member) on 09-18-2008 at 00:11

I would reall like to see Vietnam incorporated possibly in the future but for now lets add more countries to the WW2 era. Haven't heard from the Africa Korps or the Britons (Opposing Fronts is not enough). Japanese and Americans that i would like to see. And lets never forget the Eastern Front containing Mother Russia soldiers and the Germans. It would be also be cool to have winter maps.

#8 - Posted by: Dezaro (Member) on 09-18-2008 at 22:59

The main point I wanted to get across was that there's so much to WWII that hasn't been explored. I guess more then anything I'm sick of reliving America's glorious and history victories. Also it would be nice to be able to play as my own nationality (Aussie) once in a while.

#9 - Posted by: vietcalm (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 05:58

I'd love a vietnam rts more than any other, but company of heroes still have a lot to cover with WW2.

#10 - Winter War - Posted by: Gothic_Sniper1942 (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 06:42

Hi... I would like to see.... is the winter war... (finland vrs USSR) i thinkk that would be awsome to have in the game. i would also like to see more german allis (italy and japanese.... and for the allis USSR) possibly

#11 - Vietnam - Posted by: zoso91 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 09:13

Vietnam + Dx10+ Relic= enuf said.. WWII is beating around a dead bush.

#12 - Posted by: Ace40k (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 23:22

usa/west vs sovietunion/east (cold war)...hands down

#13 - Posted by: YGSpider (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 13:10

russia and germany would be cool 1942 stalingrad

#14 - Posted by: BLACKL3AD3R (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 02:46

me and my friend have been discusing. they should make COh2 with a russian team and a japanese team. the russian doctrines should be 1.Propoganda 2. mass production 3. Something else. and the japanese should 1. aircraft 2. defensive 3.something else

#15 - keep i WWII - Posted by: nazikiller200 (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 20:44

it wouldnt be CoH if it wasnt WWII. if they did another war, then it would be a different game. @#4 actually... WiC would be easy to beat gameplay wise... CoH is the best RTS game to date... and its been almost 3 years since it originally came out. besides.... just because activision did that with CoD doesnt meen that all companys that produce WWII games have to change wars for 1-2 games in the series.

#16 - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 09-24-2008 at 18:43

Relic is already making a game just like this but in the Warhammer 40 000 universe called Dawn of War 2. (minus base building so that means when your unit dies you have to fight the battle with one less unit) Vietnam would be a bad idea because the war was highly unpopular and the US lost a lot of respect from other countries, especially Canada. The cold war had no combat in it and would be more accurately described as an arms race like prior to WW1 where Germany and British forces built up rapidly, especially their navies. The gulf war would be heavily biased since though Iraq possessed many soldiers and weapons they were no match for highly advanced nations. The Korean war was really forgotten because the US was acting as mercenaries for hire. A war against communism would be a very bad idea because communism is a good system that would work as good as, if not better than democracy if the leaders are not corrupt and respect the people they lead. Alternative history would only be good if you played as axis and you lead them to victory and achieve Hitler's idea of a perfect society. World War 2 would be great so long as they included all nations involved like: Canada, Russia, Japan, France, New Zealand, Czechoslovakia etc. World War 1 would be a great theatre of war which has a huge lack of games, the nations that the game should focus on would be: the 3 main nations of the triple enante: Britain and her colonies ex Canada, France, and Russia who would aid the Serbian Empire and the triple alliance which consisted of: Germany, Austria-Hungary and Italy. America would not be included because they had zero importance in the War and when they did join Germany had already lost because they were under attack from Britain, France, and Russia and were completely surrounded, plus Italy had joined the allies and fought Germany. That's my 2 cents, if World War 1 was on there then I would vote for that but given the current choices they are of no interest.

#17 - Posted by: ogre313 (Member) on 09-25-2008 at 21:09

There is plenty of ww2 games out, (there still my favorite) and there are alot of games now of the present and future. I would like to see more games of the korean and vietnam era