Weekly Poll Results - Do You Think All Warhammer 40K Races Will Eventually Make

Published by sergent_killa 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Do You Think All Warhammer 40K Races Will Eventually Make Their Way Into DOW 2?

Yes, Through Expansion Packs 83.4% (1725)
I Don't Know 8.7% (180)
No, Developers Will Leaves us with 4 Races 4.5% (95)
I Don't Mind Sticking with the 4 Races We Already Have 3.2% (68)
Total: 2068
Start: 09-04-2008 05:20
Last: 09-13-2008 04:25

#1 - Posted by: randomize (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 07:10

probably not, but we can all hope can't we?

#2 - Posted by: TDATL (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 07:57

When they can charge you $40 per expansion pack and not provide any decent support for them you can bet they will.

#3 - Posted by: Templar_Crusader (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 08:45

I don't mean insult anyone, but I think you ask dumb questions. Or rather, they are worded wrong. They are neutral. "What do you think Relic will do next?", that's a question only relic can answer. "What do we want Relic to do?", now that's a poll question.

#4 - Posted by: duncedon (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 08:51

yes but not all of them.... they will certainly expand it to have more but races like grey nights and ordo xenos etc probs wont get included due to small size.... and the ordo xenos being space marines themselves theres no real point lol.

#5 - Posted by: Grand_Master_Bean (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 09:03

i must say this poll does not have the right option so i will refrain from voting i don't think all 40k races will be in there, but they will add more races than the 4 we already have

#6 - Posted by: Deutsch_Guard (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 10:09

It's (sort of) how they make their money. I paid about £20-£30 for each game so far + now I see all four in one pack for £17.99 :( Of course they'll add more races - I can't imagine the game without Guard or Chaos Hope they have some Chaos other than Chaos Marines - Daemons + Lost and Damned maybe?

#7 - Posted by: Taylorkiller (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 11:58

oh they will defo release the other races, it how they will make their money, 30£ for the first game, around 25 for each expannsion, that will soon add up.

#8 - Posted by: Cpl_Death (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 12:39

I think the answer is already obvious.

#9 - Posted by: Serefinn (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 13:43

Talk about bias results... I don't think ALL 40k races will make it, but most of the main ones/ most recognised in the 40k Universe... something like the line-up for DC + 'Nids...

#10 - Posted by: Crunchjaw (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 17:51

Of course! they make more money if they do that

#11 - Posted by: scottyz23 (Member) on 09-04-2008 at 20:08

it seems possible for Relic to put more races in the game, but thats a long way from today. After all, the game itself comes out in Spring 2009. I plan to build a computer to play that game hehehe.:rock:

#12 - Posted by: 1000thSon (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 03:40

Of course they won't

#13 - Posted by: 1000thSon (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 03:44

the choices on the poll aren't very well thought out, there's either 'No, they'll stick with 4 races' or 'Yes, they'll add the other 9 races'. An in-between would have been nice, as I believe they'll add a few more (at most 4-5, I think) through expansion packs

#14 - Posted by: HeroDanger (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 05:07

it would be really really worth buying if ALL of the races got in, in further expansions at least but by race i mean army playable although at the hight of impossablilty but still nice to hope for though like: Necrons (kos iam a necron player) Sobs, grey knights, ordo-xenos(i think thats them or how ever you say them) IG, Dark Eldar, Chaos, Daemons i think that is basically all the playable races and correct me if iam wrong though for table top btu anyways that would be nice but unlikely to see them make it to expansions including them all

#15 - Posted by: chaoslordx13 (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 05:34

you missed lost and the damned and adeptus mechanicus.

#16 - Posted by: chaoslordx13 (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 05:35

and armoured comapny but they cant really add tat into the game XD sorry for the double post.

#17 - Posted by: Grand_Master_Bean (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 08:25

just because it will make them money doesn't mean they will do it look at DOW1. There are still 3 codex races not in it and other non-codex races (note that lost and the damned are no longer a codex race due to the new chaos codex) Tyranids, Daemons and Daemonhunters are not in DOW1 if anyone was wondering by the way :)

#18 - Posted by: Corbec_UST (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 09:01

I dont believe that ALL of them will make it but I am sure that at least the Imperial Guard and Chaos will come in. Maybe the Tau or Necrons but I dont know about them

#19 - more races - Posted by: gen_greavous (Member) on 09-05-2008 at 12:44

i think they will ad more races ad ofcourse as msot people have said make relic money. they will jusy add the main races (chaos, DE , IG and necrons. maybe more) because they know people will buy them. also bean i think they didnt add nids to DOW1 because i read relic said they were too big an army and would take too much time to create and overlag the game... or something along those lines :) as for deamons, grey knights and such will probly go into the mods like with dow winter assault added a new unit, etc into the game.

#20 - Posted by: deadaimx (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 12:23

Can you please think up some REAL questions? This question has EPIC FAIL written all over it.

#21 - Posted by: BeanTheKing (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 15:57

I agree. These polls are getting worse by the passing week, the novelty of DoW 2 is wearing out, get with it admins!

#22 - Posted by: 1000thSon (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 16:15

when the site been going on this long with a new poll every week, I'd imagine that most of their options have been exhausted. We can at least be productive about it, maybe suggest new polls. off the top of my head, how about........'What would you want in further updates or expansions of DoW2', with options like more races, extended campaign, campaigns for the other races (as only space marines have one at the moment), stuff like that

#23 - Posted by: Cpl_Death (Member) on 09-06-2008 at 18:20

I sent killa an email with 2 good poll ideas, but he seemed to not care.

#24 - Posted by: general0cobra (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 00:56

i cannot wait to see what they'll do for IG, as i play IG TT 10 leman russ' on the force org chart beat that TT players

#25 - Posted by: Deutsch_Guard (Member) on 09-07-2008 at 13:34

I play Armoured Company - with 7 Leman Russ tanks (the command tank is a Vanquisher with Death Korps Commissar tank commander - beat that/find something sadder) But I also have Basilisks! And some Armoured Fist, otherwise I can't capture stuff The first game with it was against an Ultramarine army + didn't lose a single vehicle :)

#26 - Posted by: panzerputney (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 02:51

They will put em in they will want to milk the game as much as they possible can.

#27 - Posted by: kcaz (Member) on 09-08-2008 at 18:04

I think the next poll should be a 2-answer poll and a staff action based upon it. Question for poll: Do you, as a community, want to submit ideas for polls, as we are running dry on ideas? Option one: Yes, I will contribute. Option two: No, I don't care for the poll, you might as well remove it.

#28 - Posted by: deadaimx (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 11:28

I got a good poll question for y'all! How did you discover the universe of Warhammer 40,000? a. Browsing through a games store b. Reading the books based on it c. Buying Dawn Of War! d. Through friend or family e. Getting drafted into the Imperial Guard f. Getting nearly crushed by a drop-pod full of Space Marines!

#29 - Posted by: Deutsch_Guard (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 11:41

G. Through a friend with Necrons, plus I like Commissars

#30 - Posted by: BeanTheKing (Member) on 09-10-2008 at 22:12

How's this, "How stupid do you think we are"?

#31 - Posted by: Andreaz (Member) on 09-11-2008 at 04:29

I wouldn't mind if Relic would start of with 4 races and after that would give us expansion packs with 2 races each, with new maps and extended storyline, and other new content like new terrain meshes etc. All major distinct races should get in. At least the 9 we have in SS plus the awesome nids. One of the main reasons I keep playing Dow over and over again is I never get bored with it because of the abundance of races and interesting traits of each race.

#32 - Posted by: Cpl_Death (Member) on 09-11-2008 at 15:26

How about. What is your favorite Space Marine Chapter? What is your favorite Chaos God? What is your favorite Chaos Legion? What is your favorite Eldar Craftworld? etc There 4 medium to good polls off the top of my head.

#33 - Posted by: deadaimx (Member) on 09-12-2008 at 11:29

I bet this will be their next poll: Are Space Marines good people or bad people? a. They're good people b. They're bad people c. They're very, veerryy good people d. What's a Space Marine? e. Would you like that in paper or plastic?