Weekly Poll Results - Do You Want Air Units in DOW2?

Published by sergent_killa 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Do You Want Air Units in DOW2?

Depends on their attributes 35.7% (835)
No 33.8% (790)
Yes 30.3% (708)
Start: 06-18-2008 03:11
Last: 06-27-2008 06:49

#1 - Yes ! - Posted by: Maleko (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 03:12

Sure!!! What Else??? :rock:

#2 - Posted by: OWN3D (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 03:14

I would only accept air units in DoW2 if they're done the same way as in COH. The way air units are i Soulstorm is just stupid.

#3 - I agree with #2 - Posted by: Daniiren (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 04:27

Right - my biggest gripe with flyers in SS is that they stop and hover when they attack. That's not flying. and they don't move nearly fast enough. they're just glorified skimmers, is what they are. not worth including unless they fix it

#4 - Posted by: small_pirate (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 04:38

As long they aren't like the snow speeders from empire at war(impossible to click on without pausing) I'm in!:)

#5 - Posted by: Serefinn (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 05:41

I wouldn't mind them in the game, but I wouldn't like them to be a major part of it... something like C&C: Zero Hour where you can call in fast and effective strikes from an air base.

#6 - yes :D - Posted by: extiusmaster (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 06:49

i say yes, they put a little "pizzaz" it dow when your doing a 4on4 mega battle with no caps :D

#7 - Posted by: Hoggins (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 09:22

I would only have them as abilities like CoD4, as in calling in a Barracuda as air support, or Ork Bomaz to deliver an air strike, but still not actually being able to control where they go, what they fire at, etc. (other than where the air strike will be directed at).

#8 - NO - Posted by: Dread_Stryker09 (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 10:01

They were an epic fail in SS unless they fix em no.

#9 - Posted by: chrissmitty (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 10:56

i'd rather not have stike craft, but gunships would good, or being able to call in air strikes

#10 - Posted by: Boombaye (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 11:08

With a fully destructible environment... In CoH, we had fences blown to bits with just grenades. Ever consider what Orbital Bombardment would do to the landscape ? *drools*

#11 - Posted by: Scotzmen (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 11:12

would be better if they were smaller and flew around in a circle like in ground control and then they dive bomb there targets not just zoom over stop and shoot kinda takes out the realism. if they did that it would be awsome.

#12 - Posted by: In__Hoc__Signo (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 11:56

No. Absolutely no. Air Units in SS were real a trauma.. Now I can't even look at an airplane without grinding my teeth.

#13 - Posted by: karang92 (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 13:29

I'd say that it would depend on how they do them. Btw, out of curiosity, does anyone know whether the orbital strike effects aircraft? I don't think it does, but it would be interesting to see if it has happened to anyone.

#14 - i agree with #3 - Posted by: Fugui (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 17:09

Indeed, they were only glorified skimmers. I'm pretty sure the Marauder and the Lighting Fighters are not VTOL craft from what i know from fluff. Would have been better to put in a controllable Valkyrie Assault Carrier or a Vulture Gunship, those are VTOL craft.

#15 - Hell yes to aircraft... however. - Posted by: ZombieStomp (Member) on 06-18-2008 at 17:40

Bring my aircraft like in Coh and i will be happy.Strafe runs for bombers,not this hovering crap.

#16 - Posted by: jess4909 (Member) on 06-19-2008 at 07:01

I think that air units could be cool if they made them like the air units in empire earth who have so much ammunation and have to reload at an airbase after they run out so that it adds a lot more stragey to them.

#17 - Posted by: Eldarkings (Member) on 06-19-2008 at 10:46

As previously stated: Air from SS are horrible, but if they do have air, I hope they add gunships that transport units like thunderhawks, valkyries, and other junk. And the directed strike without actual units is a good idea too.

#18 - Posted by: sergent_killa (Staff) on 06-19-2008 at 15:50

Air units from red alert 2 were good. they had an airfield to land and take off from, u told them what to attack and they'd take off, strafe / bomb the target squadron / building then return to base to rearm and refuel. the more powerful the aircraft, the longer it took to refuel. good ideology.

#19 - Posted by: cardassio (Member) on 06-20-2008 at 03:59

I dont know what to say I only use air units now and again but they dont do much any way.

#20 - Thunderhawk etc? - Posted by: SpaceW0Lf (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 08:58

how about transport aircrafts? id love to roll out my landraider from a thunderhawk, tho all air units shud be weaponless

#21 - Posted by: battlesuit123 (Member) on 06-22-2008 at 00:09

The air units in SS were horrible, but i think there should be transport aircraft, with only 1 set of guns, as transport units in the fluff would never be defenceless. Also, wat if they used these transports to solve the reincofrcement system? e.g. to bring in a squad of IG guardsmen, a valkyrie would fly from the edge of the screen to a beacon or a temporary base, then rope down to the ground, and take cover if being shot upon. The valkyrie would have a small line of sight, and could be shot down, leaving 1/2 of the squad dead, and the other 1/2 low on health, and no morale.

#22 - Posted by: Eidolon (Member) on 06-23-2008 at 11:38

great comments from everyone, it's like we have abolished flame! I like the idea of COD4 styled aircraft, as said by #7 hoggins

#23 - just fix it a little - Posted by: slick_rick013 (Member) on 06-23-2008 at 17:17

I think if they just fixed it up a little it would be really cool;)