Weekly Poll Results - How do you feel about Relic announcing "No mod suppor

How do you feel about Relic announcing "No mod support for DoW2"?

I could cry 36.5% (690)
Im not thrilled but I can live with it 25.7% (485)
They will change there mind!!! 25% (473)
Meh, who cares? 12.6% (239)
Start: 10-20-2008 17:02
Last: 10-27-2008 18:43

#1 - Posted by: kcaz (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 17:08

Very sad face. ='(

#2 - Posted by: BlackFlameRepublic (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 17:20

must...hav...mod...support...gnaaaaaa!!! hehe. y? why will there be no mod support? thats kinda dumb but w/e

#3 - Posted by: ETPlayer (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 17:49

if u guys saw the demo video if they put mod support it might be just as crappy with graphics as in the other DoW games thats why

#4 - lol - Posted by: WarriorBourne (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 18:25

To be fair there should also be a (i think its great) option... not saying im for that its just good to be open to al lsides and not have a biased pole based on HOW much you hate it....

#5 - Posted by: Cpl_Death (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 20:21

#3 You do realize that's a load of BS.

#6 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 21:05

Darn. :'( :'( :'(

#7 - Posted by: Ifrit (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 21:11

a computer game is not about ***** graphics... a good game is about gameplay, if the gameplay is amazin then the game is brilliant.... hence y DoW was a brilliant game, graphics are just the icing on the cake.... but for this game mod support will be instead, this is why there are so many other games out there with "amazing graphics" :mad:

#8 - Posted by: tyranideath (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 22:00

#7 Tru that man, dow 1 & its expansions were epic and didnt need nex. gen. graphics to do so. So :thumbsdown: to you #3 :rock: peace out!!

#9 - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 22:19

WHAT!!!! I was going to start off modding by modding that game and this one and NOW THIS!!!! Did they all hit their heads or something? #3, for most games that have next gen graphics they rest of the game is a huge let down, and not just for rts games either. Speaking of graphics, have you noticed that if a game has bad graphics its review is significantly lower than one that has high graphics. I am getting really sick of the "ZOMG GRFX ROKZ. LOLZORZ!! UR GMS GRFX ARE TEH SUXZORZ SO IT IS FAIL! ROFL!" attitude. Anyways, I feel like slapping everysingle one of them one by one, while crying because they crushed my dreams. That had better be some sick joke or they are going to get so many e-mails the internet will break and so many phone calls the please hold will last until the year 40 000. So to Relic: :furious: :thumbsdown: :mad:

#10 - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 22:19

^Blast, that was supposed to be a thumbs down.

#11 - Posted by: Ifrit (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 23:09

they do it because they are paid by those companies to give good reviews.... look at all the big reviews, most are activision, ea or some other big name producer....theres no little man making an amazin game anymore :( and all the people who suck at games moan that they r too hard..... so they make them sparkly and pretty to hide the fact they are the biggest waste of green u will ever come across.... apart from a divorce }>

#12 - Posted by: Sl4sh (Staff) on 10-20-2008 at 23:37

#10 & 11, fixed that for ya ;)

#13 - Posted by: Ifrit (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 23:59

say what now??

#14 - oh relic - Posted by: Kahn666 (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 01:37

relic is just letting people down:(:(

#15 - Posted by: devil_to_the_metal (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 07:12

they will chage their minds!! also if some people decide not to buy it because of that they will definatly do it hopefully xD

#16 - Posted by: Lanf (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 07:23

Hmmm.... its better to have mod tools than not really, buuuut... we still have DOW2, I mean that's going to keep us busy, you know the game we're buying. We still having mapping tools, so it wont be a repetition of similar experiences. Oh well... mods never worked for me online anyway...

#17 - Posted by: kingoid1 (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 11:40

thay will change there mind has enyone seen my ak47?:furious::beer::beer:

#18 - Moddable DoW2 Petition! - Posted by: melooo (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 11:43

http://www.gopetition.com/online/22510.html if you want that DoW2 is mod friendly, perhaps achieving enough signatures could make relic change their minds. :D SIGN!!! :P

#19 - Not Thrilled but, I'll live - Posted by: Dezaro (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 14:40

I'm not thrilled but, I'll live because DOW2 looks more like an RPG now

#20 - Posted by: woody2 (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 16:02

I guess proper spelling isn't a requirement for becoming a DOWFiles staff member, shocking.

#21 - Posted by: Sl4sh (Staff) on 10-23-2008 at 03:23

What are you exactly referring to?

#22 - No map editor? - Posted by: Overcast_studio (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 08:30

If I cant have a map editor I will not buy the game. :'( whine! whine! Daddy I MUST have a map editor! I've been a good boy! :'(

#23 - Hey - Posted by: WFCxShade (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 13:18

Hey you know that DOW II and Star-shit is running on basicly the same engine right? Im going to put this up as a forum soon.

#24 - #21 - Posted by: HappyMrAdrian (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 17:11

I think woody2 is referring to the spelling mistake in the option "They will change THERE minds".

#25 - They'd BETTER change their minds. - Posted by: WackyModder (Member) on 10-24-2008 at 06:15

I CAN SCARCELY BELIEVE THIS! :eek: Removing mod support is like saying to the DoW modding community: "Yeah, you guys are good and all, but we don't want you stealing our shine on this one...sooo, yeah...don't mod DoW this time around". what a load of crap! I can only imagine what would happen if they DIDN'T change their minds on this issue. PUSH BACK THE RELEASE DATE IF NEED BE! We don't care, as long the mods can keep flowing, we'll all be happy. Relic's been practically making the other DoW 1 games with references to the mods out there. DoW 1, everybody's making IG mods, what do they do? they put IG in WA. In WA, everybody's raving about the EoE and Tau Mod. What do they do?! they put necrons and tau in DC! IN DC, everybody loves the Witch Hunters mod and are raving about the Dark Eldar mod which was recently revived. WHAT DO THEY DO!? they add Dark Eldar and SoB to SS!!! What the hell's gotten into you, Relic?! you should know better than to take away something we all grew up with since DoW 1! :furious: BAD MOVE, GUYS! SERIOUSLY NOT COOL!!! :thumbsdown:

#26 - Posted by: Andreaz (Member) on 10-24-2008 at 07:48

I couldn't believe it either. No modding for a Warhammer40k game is a contradiction in terms of sorts. The Warhammer40k universe is designed with modding in mind. I'm very disappointed, because the modding community is extremely talented and would have prolonged the life and replay value of dow2 with many years. I hope we will at least be able to ad badges and banners and teamcolors. If not, I'll probably only buy the game for a discount price. I will certainly not run to the store on the day of release. Perhaps I'll wait until I'm sure they will release expansion packs to cover all the major races. Otherwise I will always have my heavily modded Dow 1 to entertain me.

#27 - Posted by: Necronius (Member) on 10-24-2008 at 22:39

maybe they'll make a patch with mod support soon just like DoW 1 had no game manager at start until it was patched.

#28 - Posted by: Nerdsturm (Member) on 10-25-2008 at 08:11

I'm a mapper who generally doesn't play any mods, so I'm not too miffed about it not having any mod support. However, I do recognize that mods are a big reason DoW was a success and why its still played. I really do hope the mapping tools are an improvement over CoH's though.

#29 - Posted by: Grendall (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 00:07

They're dumb, it's that simple.

#30 - Posted by: scottyz23 (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 17:26

looks like its time to shank some assholes:rock:

#31 - WAAAATTTTTTT?????!!!!!!!!!!!! - Posted by: nemitis (Member) on 10-27-2008 at 14:41

Mods are so cool already and thats half the fun! making them is awsome if u know how and even if u dont then its still fun to play other people's mods. wat r they thinking? if they dont change there minds im still gonna buy it tho. it looks awsome already. but i still hope they add mod support!