Weekly Poll Results - What did you think of our interview with Relic?

Published by dreadlord12 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What did you think of our interview with Relic?

Wait...there was an interview? 66.8% (722)
WOW, it was great! 17.8% (193)
Meh, it was decent... 11.3% (123)
Sadly I did not like it, needed more info 3.8% (42)
Start: 11-11-2008 13:37
Last: 11-19-2008 12:33

#1 - Posted by: scottyz23 (Member) on 11-11-2008 at 14:37

ya i liked the interview, i understand they don't want to revile the game yet. kudos to Relic:rock:.

#2 - Posted by: dreadlord12 (Staff) on 11-11-2008 at 14:51

For all of you voting, What interview? (http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/news/DoW2_Exclusive_Interview;40439) READ!

#3 - Posted by: Zealot2021 (Member) on 11-11-2008 at 17:47

lol at "what interview?" yea it was good, too bad some questions are still left unanswered, but thats the name of the game.

#4 - Posted by: katanamies (Member) on 11-12-2008 at 05:51

Ragdoll, bodies stay and other commander customization is all i want the answer now.

#5 - Posted by: Dauri (Member) on 11-12-2008 at 08:02

it answerd a few of my questions so imbeetween wow and meh but ill give wow anyway cause this site :rock: and cudos to relic for the new game

#6 - Posted by: Serefinn (Member) on 11-12-2008 at 09:21

#4 Ragdoll is included, it was confirmed and mentioned in interviews even before the Eldar were confirmed.

#7 - Sadly I did not like it, needed more info. - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 18:05

How big are squads? What lead to you including Tyranids rather than Chaos? Whats going on with vehicles? Are things going to be to scale or are you going for a more cartoon like look? Will bodies stay permanently on the map? Will there be melees like in the Dawn of War 1 games with special attacks? If so will there be dismemberment and gore and will the bodies stay on the map in such occurences? Will blood stain the battlefield? Will individual squads have distinct personalities? How do you plan to compensate for the fact that the Tyranids don't care about their own and rely on sheer numbers to crush their enemies? How do you plan to compensate that Tyranids have virtually zero personality? Will there be more epic finishing moves like with the force commander and Bloodthirster and will they be more common? Will such spectacles occur with infantry VS vehicles, Vehicles VS Vehicles, Heroes VS Heroes, Heroes VS infantry, Heroes VS vehicles, Infantry VS Infantry? Are flame based weapons and the plasma gun actually going to be canon (they are excellent against everything but super heavy tanks) and will plasma guns actually be useful (as in a pistol should take out a tank in a few blasts, though really one shot could take a tank down)? Is this game going to go for a more realistic combat style (units are no longer able to get shot by a bolter round and not explode)? Will the eldar actually be portrayed as they are supposed to (they are very few but a bunch of guardians can slaughter a squad of space marines without breaking a sweat)? Are there going to be "support powers"? Can I name my units and/or squads? Will there be more color customization than in the Dawn of War 1 games ( ex. paint brush tool)? Can players make their own commander unit using customized faces, body mass, etc. and name them? Can I change the look of soldier's armour and weapons (give the space marines a pointy spike on the top of their helmet or spikes sticking out of their shoulders and knee which is all completely controlled by the player, as in where should the spikes be on the knee and how many)? Will the different factions of say the space marines (the ultra marines are numerous and are masters of siege warfare so they get bonus health or something)? Those are the ones that come to mind though more will probably come to me later.

#8 - Posted by: WarriorBourne (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 21:43

Massive killer shouldve posted these questions when they actually asked for them 2 weeks ago to go with the interview, and they cant reveal everything yet, just calm down, we all have the same questions you do, its nothing special. :cool:

#9 - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 17:38

Sorry for double post, but for things such as interviews I would recommended a flashy banner of some sorts to attract attention for important events. That way people like me who don't pay much attention to the news can see the bright flashy thing and then it will be more noticable.

#10 - Posted by: WarriorBourne (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 10:25

Its called the (NEW) icon, ffs

#11 - Posted by: kcaz (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 12:28

Yeah, cuz thats extremely flashy I think he was referring to where he could have posted the questions. That had no flashy banner

#12 - Posted by: WarriorBourne (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 15:19

The Article WAS the place to post questions.... if you didnt know that why are you even commenting?

#13 - Posted by: Massive_Killer (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 13:43

Alright, triple post apologies. The new sign only works some of the time, not all the time, as in its been buggy for me. Not only that but I find myself not really caring about the news most of the time so I ignore it. What I meant by the flashy banner was that it would be at the top of the page indicating an important event such as the interview with movie images and other things that will grab your attention. I know full well though that if you posted questions then those questions might be asked but I can't do that if I don't know about that news event.

#14 - Posted by: dreadlord12 (Staff) on 11-16-2008 at 13:59

A few weeks ago I posted the article asking for questions. I posted it here as well as the forums, but now that I know that alot of people did not read it I am opening the floor to different suggestion to promote vital info that you guys need to know. If you have a suggestion for something other than a "New" logo lemme know... Dread

#15 - Posted by: WarriorBourne (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 15:02

dread i seriously suggest when members log in to have a small panel for important topics, i know you have already integrated when we log in if anything is new, but i perhaps would insist an additional bar that includes imporant information regarding certain articles, "What I meant by the flashy banner was that it would be at the top of the page indicating an important event such as the interview with movie images and other things that will grab your attention" -When you log in it will tell you if anything is new since your last visit, :/ comon now stop pointing out things that we already have :( -but i understand if you dont check regularly it could be very hard to notice something like a certain article, thus is why i posted my suggestion for change :cool:

#16 - There was an interview? - Posted by: noobymcnoob (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 17:57

Where may i find this interview. :confused:

#17 - http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/news/DoW2_Exclusive_Interview;40439 - Posted by: dreadlord12 (Staff) on 11-16-2008 at 18:35