Platinum Arts Sandbox v1.0 Released! - An Educational World Creation Game/Tool
By Hfx-Rebel 16 years ago, last updated 6 years ago
This article is really old. Formatting may be broken as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it.
This is not exactly Doom3 specific content, but this is a step in the right direction for young up and coming developers!!
Over at [url="http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net"]Platinum Arts[/url], the Platinum Arts Sandbox
has been released! Platinum Arts Sandbox is Educational Software that enables kids and adults to design their own 3D worlds quickly and easily. Through the program kids and adults can make their own mazes, castles, forts, cities, etc in minutes. Kids are also a part of the world when they are creating it, so they can watch the results of their changes as they are happening. The main mission of the project will be to add more features and ways for the children to add their own custom content and to make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Also Platinum Arts will be providing custom content such as mazes, playgrounds, forts, jumping levels, forests and natural terrains to explore, etc.
The project is to remain open source and free so that developers and kids can help add new content and features to help make Platinum Arts Sandbox the most fun and easy world creation tool possible. Platinum Arts Sandbox will be easy enough for kids to use but also powerful enough for full game projects.
Main Feature List:
- The ability to map edit in game in real time and cooperatively with other people.
- The ability to immediately play with and interact with map editing changes
- Several custom maps that will feature slides, jumping levels, mazes, amusement park rides, etc
- The pursuit of making it as easy as possible to add map features and content. Also the addition of new entities to add even more features and capabilities.
For the current features being worked on please check the forums at http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net
Upcoming Features, a list I hope and want to have in:
- A tutorial video
- Audio tutorials
- New models
- A way to scroll through the models much like how you can already scroll through the textures and easily add new models such as trees, plants, and other objects
- New maps
- New entities. I really want to create a "move" entity so players can make movable platforms, rollercoasters, etc.
- Working water needs to be added.
- Any other features I can think of to make the creation process as easy as possible.
[i]Any new members and/or contributors would be more than welcome! Please sign up in the forum! Take care and enjoy the program. Please let me know what you think!
Check out http://PlatinumArts.Net !
It features movie reviews, stories, free video games and more![/i]