Weekly Poll Results - What do you look for in a game?

Published by Hfx-Rebel 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

What do you look for in a game?

Storyline! (For SP) It's gotta bring me into the game! 45% (172)
Gameplay! Everything else can suck, but it better not be laggy! 28.7% (110)
Graphics! It's gotta look awesome! 11.5% (44)
Maps! Most important, the maps have to well made. 9.6% (37)
Other. Explain. 4.9% (19)
Start: 06-20-2008 15:56
Last: 07-06-2008 12:05

#1 - Posted by: GIJesse7 (Member) on 06-23-2008 at 13:56

For me, in a game, it's nothing real specific. It's more like everything combined together that makes a game good, really, how fun it is.

#2 - Posted by: Nitronumber9 (Staff) on 06-24-2008 at 03:30

Maps for me. A game can have the worlds best graphics, the coolest guns ever, but if the maps prevent you from enjoying them then they are useless. In Doom3 for example you got the BFG9000 but the lack of really open spaces to use it would have resorted you to just killing yourself with it more than anything else The only place I managed to use it was against those 2 hell knights before hell.

#3 - Posted by: LDAsh (Member) on 06-24-2008 at 19:06

Well I guess the fundamental plans for a game govern all these other things, so it's _all_ important and the most important thing is the relation between these aspects, that one governs another. Maps are really important, why I find Quake II more fun than most other modern FPS games I play, but gameplay and graphics governs what a map is capable of, so in order to make great maps you'd have to take a step back and make sure everything else allows such maps to be made. But, since when does "gameplay" mean if it's "laggy" or not? "Gameplay" means the immediate enjoyment of the game, how you move, how you attack/defend, how much fun it is to blow away the bad guys. It doesn't mean "performance".

#4 - Posted by: Gurra400 (Member) on 06-25-2008 at 10:19

the game have to have a story and the graphics cant be like crysis, then its to much, i think it can get max to unreal 3 engine, thats good and the gameplay must be good, like doom 3 and that i loved those games

#5 - Posted by: Keland (Member) on 06-26-2008 at 13:26

Keep it simple, good gameplay and a consistent 60 FPS or so is what Im looking for.

#6 - Posted by: spunky13 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 11:39

For me it's the gameplay, i mean, it could be a little laggy i don't mind, but i mean overall the fun factor better be fun as hell, to me story doesn't matter, in Doom 3 i had loads of fun and i tried to bring more variety in Doom 3 with my mods to make it even more fun, and it seemed to pay off, so really i think if you make the game fun as hell, it'll be successful.