This is a modified shader for Doom 3 and RoE (and Quake 4 as a separate mod) which enhances the appearance of lights and bumpmaps.
# HQ specular highlights #
- Power function based falloff
- Dynamic falloff (shinyness)
- Specular map masking
- Reflect vector math for true per-pixel result
# HQ Normalmapping #
- Normalmap normalization increases bumpmap quality
- (new) Normalmap filtering reduces specular aliasing
# HQ diffuse falloff #
- (new) New math based diffuse falloff enhances the contrast and appearance of lighting
# Backlights #
- (new) New backlights add realism by casting subtle light behind objects, as in reality, light tends to reflect and shine back from surfaces it hits.
- The unpleasant "X-ray" light has been fixed (from version 0.50)
- There seems to be a major incompatibility with the ATI Radeon X1000 series! Sorry guys, but this one I think is up to ATI to fix.. Older models should work fine.
- Performance trend has been downward from the first version of BH, and 0.60 is no exception :) Still way playable on my 6800GT @ 1280x720 4xAA 8xAF
==================== Brilliant highlights ==================== Ver 0.60b ### So how do I install? -------------------- Option A: Create a folder to your Doom 3 directory (name it 'bhmod' for example) and extract this package there. You can then access the mod trough the Doom 3 mods menu. Use this option if you play online (servers wont allow permanent mods) Option B: Permanent install (more like 'allways enabled'). Extract the file 'z_bhmod.pk4' (basicly a renamed ZIP file) to your doom3/base folder. The mod will then be automatically (and allways) installed. RoE: Extract the file 'z_bhmod.pk4' to your doom3/d3xp folder. Uninstall? ---------- Option A: Delete the folder you created above. Option B: Delete file 'z_bhmod.pk4' from your doom3/base folder. RoE: Delete file 'z_bhmod.pk4' from your doom3/d3xp folder. What else? ---------- There's a new 'adjustable parameters' section in the interactions.vfp file which you can toy with (use notepad to edit the file) Feedback? --------- Sure; mail me at maha_x [AT] hotmail [DOT] com Disclaimer? ----------- See Doom 3 eula. Also, if you want to use my mod, ask. Not that I wanted to say no, just that I know. And credit me where required.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!