The doom3mac13a.dmg file you have requested: Doom III / Patches / DOOM 3 Update for Mac OSX - 12.69MB is not available. Perhaps try browsing all files for the game Doom III and upload any files you want to share or are missing.
We are calling on our community to help submit files that were previously hosted on GameFront / FileFront but are now missing.
If you have this file, please upload it using the form below (please ensure the filename and filesize match) and we shall do the rest.
Aspyr Media has just released this "Universal Binary patch" to allow the game to run on both PowerPC and the new Intel Macs. It also includes performance improvements for the PowerPC equipped with an ATI graphics board. However, the game now requires Mac OS X v10.3.9.
- This Patch includes a Universal Binary which allows operation on the new Intel Macintosh.
- Improved performance on PowerPC Macs with ATi graphics cards
- The minimum supported operating system is now OS 10.3.9
- OpenAL will not function in OS 10.3.9. It will disable itself if you try enabling it.
- Using this update will reset your progress in whatever map you are currently saved in. When loading a saved game, the player starts at the begining of that map with their inventory intact.
- Using this update may reset the Nightmare skill setting. If you are playing in Nightmare mode before applying this update, you may to re-enable it in the console (g_nightmare 1). After enabling it in the console, the game must be relaunched in order for nightmare mode to show up as a selectable option.
- This update implements a preview version of Open AL support that provides full 5.1 surround sound. Use this feature ONLY with an Open AL compliant 5.1 sound card. To activate the OpenAL preview support, hold down the Command (?) key as you launch the game, then check the box next to the "Use OpenAL" in the Doom 3 Preferences dialog. You should also select "surround" sound from the in-game options menu. NOTE OpenAL is now only supported in OS 10.4.
** Users may experience sound glitches or sound drops while using the preview Open AL option.
DOOM 3 1.3 Rev A This patch will update your Macintosh copy of Doom 3 from version 1.1 to version 1.3 Rev A. Installation instructions To install this update, double click the Installer and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to locate the Doom 3 folder that is installed on your hard disk. Requirements DOOM 3
There are no comments yet. Be the first!