Maps recreated by hand from the original DooM II game created by id Software to the DooM 3 engine. Please note that these are exact replicas and are not meant to have any major details added to them.
This mod is comprised of:
1/. "Entryway" by PhantomL0rd
2/. "Underhalls" by Lemming
3/. "The Gantlet" by mybrainhurtz
4/. "The Focus" by PhantomL0rd
5/. "The Waste Tunnels" by Lemming/PhantomL0rd
6/. "The Crusher" by PhantomL0rd
7/. "Dead Simple" by mybrainhurtz
8/. "The Pit" by Lemming
9/. "Refueling Base" by Lemming
All Maps Optimized by OmegaSupremeX2k4.
- Remake of the first 10 of the original Doom2 levels (Re-optimized)
- Each map has the original skill levels, ie. monster counts (I'm too young to die all the way to Nightmare)
- End of Level Stats are Back (Kills, Items, Secrets, Time)
- Beloved Double Barrel Shotgun
- Remake of the Original Doom II menu (somewhat modernized)
- Health Vials, which give the player +1 health upto 200
- Original Doom Armor behaviour, Green Armor picked up only if less than 100 Armor
- Invulnerability Powerup
- Mega-Sphere Powerup, 200 Armor, 200 Health
- SuperCharge Powerup, +100 Health
- Chaingun and pistol share ammo
- BFG and Plasma Gun share ammo
- Original Weapon ammo counts, and pickup ammo counts (even by skill level)
- Falling Damage and Stamina eliminated
- Player moves faster, now. (Walk and Run)
- Cyberdemon is a tad faster, and more powerful
- Zombie's drop clips not pistols
- A modified trite, to serve as an arachnatron (in hopes of getting a modellor someday)
Some skins and models have been changed to suit the original Doom II game better. Here is a list of who and what got changed:
- Imp: Brown skin now
- Revenant: White and red as he is in Doom II
- Mancubus: Changed to a more brown colour
- Lost Soul: White Skull coloured and all mechanical details removed
- Hell Knight: Brown skin and fur on legs - Hell HK is now red to represent the Barons
- Chaingun: Brown body
Misc Def file changes:
- Chaingun now holds 99 ammo before reload is necessary
- Shotgun can hold 50 shells, spread decreased to 8 and power decreased to 8 (was 14)
- Plasma gun can hold 300 cells, power increased to 20 (was 16)
- Cyberdemon is no longer a 'boss' and can be killed be normal means. Although his health has lowered to 3000
- All weapons except the BFG will not gib any character, all demons wait 30 seconds before burning up as well
The release is only for windows, and you must have the expansion pack (Resurection of Evil) installed, as we use the shotgun and lost souls from it.
The package is an install package, it will allow you to select your Doom 3 directory, and will handle the details of installing the mod. To start the mod you must use the desktop shortcut (Doom 3 - Doom ][) that is created by the installer. This is due to the expansion assets, so you cannot load this mod from the mods menu inside Doom 3.
After installing you must copy your DoomConfig.cfg file from the base directory to your d2ford3 directory.
Also you must bring down the console and type 'bind mouse2 _impulse21' (no quotes), this is the use key, you must have this key bound otherwise you can't open doors or interact with guis.
--------------------- Doom II mod for Doom³ --------------------- Installation: Unzip the file into your c:/Doom/ folder and make sure that use path names is on. Then run the .bat file or run the game as normal and select it from the mods menu. Then open the console and type in map Entryway Enjoy! Team: DooM II for DooM 3 created by Disposable Heroes: Lemming - Team Leader, level design, skinner, scripting PhantomLord - level design, artist Blaker - level desgin, artist OmegaSupremeX2k4 - Programmer, Map Optimization, Scripting, Map Fixes, GUIs For all requests, questions, and comments on the mod we strongly encourage you to go and visit our official Mod Team forum at: http://s6.invisionfree.com/Disposable_Heroes Disclaimer: You may not use this mod for your own designs. This mod is to be distributed as is and not to be changed. If you wish to use this mod as a base for your own then PM me at PlanetDoom or Bytrix Foums as given above. Thanks: We would like to thank everyone at PD's forums and the Bytrix forums for the support. Also to everyone in the community who was nice enough to put together great mapping tutorials and chilling with the community. Another thanks goes out to D3files for their support and for hosting our mod! And b@STARd, for the Nightmare font, located at http://www.primacom.net/b@STARd/downloads/Doomfont_package.zip Thanks again, we hope you enjoy it!
There are no comments yet. Be the first!