This pak file addresses a number of problems (at least I think so) in DOOM 3, most notably the sound effects for monsters and weapons. To install this pak file, simply install this executable to your DOOM 3's ../base/ directory, as well as into DOOM 3's ../d3xp/ directory if you have Resurrection of Evil installed.
------------- Features: -------------
- Console now responds to tilde key being pressed instead of requiring 3-key combination. - Cyberdemon fight and Caseon PDA fixed. - Player weapon sounds for Pistol, Shotgun, Machinegun and Chaingun are changed. - Player now bleeds.
- Pistol grip is now green. - Player shadow is now displayed correctly like in multiplayer. - Monsters spurt more blood. - Player jump/land/pain/disorientation/walk sounds are changed.
- Chaingun wind-up/wind-down durations changed to .8 and 1.5 respectively. - Keycard sound changed. - Menu theme is now 128kbps; this is both menu themes now. - 'idlogo' RoQ movie intro replaced with updated intro.
- Several door sounds changed. - GUI sounds changed. - Low ammo warning sound removed. - Swinging light sounds changed.
- World flashlight projection changed. - Rocket Launcher fire sound changed. - Shotgun clip changed to 5 shells. - Shotgun reload amount changed to 1 shell.
- Low ammo for Shotgun changed to 1 shell. - Updated Machinegun skin. - Config file rps.cfg now execs only player information (avoids further settings overwrite.) - Chaingun motor loop sound reflects new chaingun sounds.
- Patch files removed from pak file to prevent incompatibilities with previous or future versions of DOOM 3. - Flashlight select sound changed. - Light toggle sound changed. - Monorail intro commando sfx changed to match in-game sfx.
- Alphalabs 2 alarm sound changed. - GUI arrow changed. - Super Turbo Turkey Puncher announcer removed. - Default and Vapor versions merged.
- Gibbing removed; vaporization replaced w/simple demon corpse removal after 2'. This is less CPU intensive. - Both medkits now have red indicator lights. - Armor Jacket pickup sound changed. - Plasma Gun idle volume and sound changed.
- All modified id files now up-to-date as of 7/05. - Shotgun pellet spread changed to 13. - Elevator loop sound fixed. - Mod repackaged into RAR SFX archive.
- Plasma idle tweaked. - Plasma ammo box texture changed. - Disabled default sound. - Fixed missing melee glass sound from weapons.sndshd.
- Added player shadow entry to Autoexec.cfg. - Fixed weapon scripts/defs that have been updated by id. - Changed Double-barreled Shotgun wood grain to black plastic. - Attack/aroused/movement sounds changed for the following monsters: -- Thin Zombies, Fat Zombies, Commando Zombies, Imp, Hell Knight, Pinky Demon
Ryan's DOOM 3 Modification Pak File (default: rd106f.pk4), Version 106f Compatible with all versions of DOOM 3 ______________________________________________ Contact me using: E-Mail - deuxsonic AT gmail DOT com AIM - S/N: Affinex, Deuxsonic (aim:goim?screenname=Affinex&message=Hello.) ICQ - UIN: 42484452 (http://wwp.icq.com/scripts/search.dll?to=42484452) (Enter the above URLs into your browser window.) (E-Mail me with the subject 'Keep me updated' and I'll send you an e-mail message whenever I release a new build of RyanDOOM.) Please feel free to make your own modifications to this pak file. Please do not redistribute modified RyanDOOM game assets without asking me first. Also, if you are going to redistribute RyanDOOM, make sure the ReadMe files remain with the installer and the pak file remains unmodified. To execute my configuration file: For Regular DOOM 3: In the DOOM 3 console, type 'exec rps.cfg' and press enter (make sure to back up your own configuration before you do this.) For DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil: In the DOOM 3 RoE console, type 'exec rps-roe.cfg' and press enter (make sure to back up your own configuration before you do this.)
There are no comments yet. Be the first!