This is for all of you Doom II lovers out there that get nostalgic, and long for some of that retro-Doom goodness!! (OK, so you guys that never gave Doom II it's day is the spotlight can download it to! You won't be disappointed....) This is the fourth map for Doom II remade for the Doom III player.
Kev_Boy sat back, and thought..."If I'd had this technology back then, what might the map have been like?" I'm glad to say I'm probably not to far off :) I would have to say that he is right... The Focus is a well done remake of the classic map that made Doom finatics out of a lot of gamers, and keeps the fun-factor alive in yesterday's map rebuilt with todays tools.
Some features of this download include:
- All Areas Have Been Added A Purpose: a CPU Room, an Extraction Well, Crew Quarters, A Delivery Corridor, etc...
- Modern Version Which Plays More Like Doom 3.
- Classic Version Which Plays More Like Doom 2.
The classic version includes 'nostalgic-novelties' such as:
- Monster infighting.
- Corresponding difficulty levels. (Including Respawning enemies in Hard difficulty ala Nightmare!)
- No fall damage.
- No stamina (You won't get tired by running)
- The same weapons and monsters in the same locations in the map.
- Old-skool Keycards.
- The music track. (In Doomguy's PDA - Making it optional)
- Only one objective... Find The Exit!
This download also returns you to the way difficulty levels were listed...
- The classic version's difficulty levels:
- Easy = "Hey, Not To Rough."
- Medium = "Ultra-Violence."
- Hard = "Nightmare!"
- Nightmare = 'Ultra Nightmare!!!' (Doom II's Nightmare! Plus Doom 3's Nightmare! = Ultra Nightmare!!!)
WARNING: Hard & Nightmare! modes require a seriously powerful computer.
Refer to the readme for more information.
The Focus (Doom 2 Remake) --------------------------- The fourth map from Doom II re-made for Doom 3. This is not a carbon copy, I tried to look at the environment and say: "If id had this technology back then, what might the map have been like?". I'm glad to say I'm probably not to far off :) Made By Kev_Boy (http://www.kevboy.metalsoup.com/Home.htm) (firstname.lastname@example.org) Beta Testers: DemonHunter327 (Benny Cortesia)/Dreamon (Kim Gilissen)/Airco (Mathias Fouquart) & Johan Maes. I couldn't have done it without the knowledge-base of the Doom3World forums. Although solely relying on the search feature since their registration is broken... mind fixing that if anyone from those forums is reading this?! ;) Installation: ------------- Put the .pk4 file into your C:\Doom 3\base folder. In order to start the map: 1) Start Doom 3. 2) Bring down your console (Alt+Ctrl+Tilde) (Tilde is the key next to 1 and under Esc) 3) To play the modern version, type everything behind this arrow -> map The_Focus 4) To play the classic version, type everything behind this arrow -> map The_Focus_Classic ENJOY! Legal: ------ Original by American McGee and iD software. For the game Doom 3 which is also a product from iD software. This archive may be freely distributed as is without removing or editing of any of the contents. If you have a few minutes extra, I would prefer to be contacted about it just so I know :) Thank you. Question, request, suggestion? Don't hesitate to contact me! email@example.com If there's a market for this, there may come a few more in the future! :) This file was created on: 5/11/2007
There are no comments yet. Be the first!