In the months I've been working on the Hexen: Edge of Chaos mod I have tested out many new techniques. After several months of work, I've put all of these into a test mod for me to see if they could be used in the EOC mod. You are about to download a Beta version of that mod, many features aren't finished while others need further testing. Please post your gameplay experiences!
Have fun with the Ultimate Mod Test Release!
------------- Features: -------------
- Added night vision. - Added force field/shield (The shield is dynamic and non-stationary as it acts as a personal shield for its wearer. Lasts half a minute then needs two minutes of recharging). - Added a marine buddy. - Added texture optimizations to many creatures, weapons and architectual textures. - Added 3 new weapons and made many weapon optimizations. - Added a balanced 'flare' system, many zombies will carry flashlights that drop flare ammo. To use a flare simply press the fire button while holding the flashlight. Flares will selfdestruct after a short amount of time. - Added many, many gameplay tweaks for faster gameplay.
------------------------------------------------- Weaponry Changes/New Weapons: -------------------------------------------------
- Hands/Fists: Upgraded texture resolution.
- Pistol: New model/animations. Instead of carrying 1 pistol, you now carry two. Twice the damage and speed, twice the ammo usage.. very powerful, twice the reload time.
- Shotgun: Upgraded speed and spread.
- Machine gun: New sounds, upgraded speed and spread.
- Chaingun: Upgraded speed, sounds.
- Grenades: Grenades now spread into six projectiles (Great kudos to: The Clusternade mod).
- Plasma gun: Customised weapon that uses combined nanotechnology and BFG technology to feed medical support back to its user.
- Rocket launcher: Increased damage.
- Plasma hands: Due to plasma poisening and as a side effect of having the soul cube, you can now control small amounts of plasma merely by concentrating.
- Flares: Throw them with your flashlight selected.
- Gravity gun: See my gravity gun mod.
- Railgun: Fires mini-BFG projectiles extreme speeds. Projectiles travel so fast they are nearly invisible to the naked eye.
------------------ Known bugs: ------------------
- Some monster skins are too bright, working on that. - There's no way yet to pick up the new weaponry in game. I am working on that in the form of new scripts and such for the current maps.
===================================== == ULTIMATE - V1.0 BETA == ===================================== == AUTHOR: BLOODRAYNE == == http://pixels.ontheweb.nl == ===================================== IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSTALL THIS .PK4 FILE DIRECTLY INTO YOUR BASE DIRECTORY, IT WILL NOT RUN IF YOU DO! ===================================== THANK YOU Thank you for downloading and installing the 'Ultimate' mod Beta! I hope you will have as much fun playing this as I had making it and testing it. As with all my stuff, use at your own risk! Visit my website: http://pixels.ontheweb.nl Make sure you start a new game and watch through the intro, to get a sneak peak at the new Logo-vid intro, scheduled to appear in the release version of the mod! THIS IS THE BETA RELEASE OF THIS MOD. PLEASE TEST IT AND PROVIDE ALL YOUR FEEDBACK AND BUGS HERE WITH A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE BUG: http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9746 ============================ CREDITS =================== PBMAX: Thank you for your Gravity Gun code! CLUSTERNADE MOD: I don't know who made this but Kudos to the writer, if you are reading this and you made this mod, please contact me via: b.dezwart AT wanadoo DOT nl THE DOOM3WORLD COMMUNITY: For their endless technical support ID Software: Thanks for making Doom3! Brian from Iddevnet: Thanks for your great support and http://www.iddevnet.com Thanks to anyone I've forgotten to mention. ==================================================== ======================================== = CONFIGURING YOUR GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE = ======================================== I've provided a sample config in the form of an autoexec.cfg file. Here's what you'll find in there. These are the new commands that you can use to get some of the new features in the mod. This will only be the case in this beta version. In the main release version you will get these features in game from characters and special missions. ****************** EXAMPLE CONFIG ******************** // nightvision: bind / 'toggle nvOn' // spawn marine buddy: bind y 'spawn buddy_zsec_machinegun' // gravity gun: bind q 'spawn weapon_gravitygun' // railer: bind w 'spawn weapon_railgun' // shield/forcefield bind f 'spawn item_forcefield' ****************** END EXAMPLE CONFIG ******************** ======================================== = Installation = ======================================== 1 - Make a new directory called 'Ultimate' inside your Doom3 root folder. e.g. 'C:\Doom3\Ultimate' 2 - Unpack the contents of the installtion zip file into this directory, use the 'use folders' option in winzip or winrar. 3 - Make a new shortcut to Doom3 then edit the properties of it. Go to the target and add this: '+set fs_game Ultimate +seta com_allowConsole 1' An example would be: 'YOURDRIVE:\Yourdoom3folder\DOOM3.exe' +set fs_game UB +seta com_allowConsole 1
There are no comments yet. Be the first!