Weekly Poll Results - Do you enjoy Time Travel/Timeline Plots?

Published by AdmiralHocking 10 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Do you enjoy Time Travel/Timeline Plots?

Yes I do, they're quite interesting. 57.7% (115)
Yes, they're a nice change to the norm. 30.1% (60)
No, I dislike the premise of Time Travel in Star Trek. 9% (18)
Other 3% (6)
No, I can't understand them. 0,0% (0)
Start: 07-08-2008 13:34
Last: 07-19-2008 09:04

#1 - Time Travel - Posted by: IsaacJoule (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 00:09

I think Time Travel episodes can be interesting. i enjoyed Year of Hell, ST: First Contact, Past Tense and Children of Time... Yesteryear was one of my favorite time travel episodes. If you can count Clues as time travel episode that was kind of interesting. But some of them were really, really bad. Most of Voyager's time travel episodes, other than Year of Hell, were too forced. I thought Time's Arrow was horribly slow moving. I'll probably be strapped to a photon torpedo for this one- but I thought City on the Edge of Forever was absolutely boring. It's a neat concept, but Star Trek employs it way too often.

#2 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 02:16

I like Time Travel plots, though I cannot understand how things (like a pre-destination paradox, etc) work.

#3 - Other: - Posted by: Capt332 (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 07:03

Time travel plots can be a welcome change from the standard explore and shoot plots, however i think that at the moment, they are becoming overused with maps like rpg_relativity. I have nothing wrong with the map, i love it, but it brings with it many time travel rps that are now becoming too frequent. With rergards to the paradox stuff that Time Travel brings, i have no problem understanding the theories and paradoxs that usually appear in time travel plots.