Weekly Poll Results - Elite Force 3. What do you think?

Published by Hfx-Rebel 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Elite Force 3. What do you think?

I would love to see it! 48.1% (115)
Bring it on, but with some SP action! 27.6% (66)
Never happen 18.8% (45)
Heres what I would like to see: Explain 3.3% (8)
It matters not to me... 2% (5)
Start: 10-18-2008 17:46
Last: 10-27-2008 17:53

#1 - EF3... - Posted by: Ricksal0225 (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 00:13

Perhaps. However, it would be nice if EF3 had a better range of modability like Bridge Commander currently has.

#2 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 06:56

Elite Force III will be epic if it's made with no references to that horrible sequel of Ritual's. I'm not one much for multiplayer mindless killing, so I do hope the single player will be really strong, possibly with something like The Fallen did with three playable scenarios. It could have a cooperative mode, but if it doesn't I'm sure Chris will whip up something awesome. I think the ideal conditions would be using the upcoming id Tech 5 engine, being made by Raven, possibly in the post-Dominion War era.

#3 - Posted by: alexraptor (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 09:32

I would really like an EF III especially one that pics up on EF2. Multiplayer may have not been what EF fans expected(though i find nothing wrong with MP) but singleplayer was just so fantastic and much more interesting and interactive than EF1.

#4 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 11:40

Even though the storyline was a complete farce and felt nothing like Star Trek and had horrible physics?

#5 - Posted by: AdmiralHocking (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 11:57

I'm with Fraggles on a sequel that ignores the existence of Elite Force 2. While the engine is in some ways better than the one Elite Force 1 utilizes - the story is a bit crap and the overall feel is like something from a penny arcade game. That's not to say that the material the community creates for it is crap - there are a lot of decent mods and addons for EF2.

#6 - Posted by: Luke20 (Member) on 10-19-2008 at 13:07

I like EF2, but I can't see an EF3 happening.

#7 - Posted by: data079 (Member) on 10-20-2008 at 10:57

I wish oh how I wish but I highly doubt it will happen :(.

#8 - Hmmm. - Posted by: benjrh (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 21:52

Hilarious, because I was JUST thinking about this myself and came on this site to look in the forums to see if it was being talked about. The way I see it... Obviously it be great. But I highly doubt it will happen. Lets been realistic... With the way its going now, it doesnt look like anybody is interested in making a star trek game right now. The franchise is in a lot of trouble. That being said, it is possible that the game maybe released in the future, or we see another ST shooter. I want a STRONG story line... Possibly DS9 related, as I feel it be a strong platform like The Fallen, or to the point ANYTHING non-enterprise related. With or without Munro, I wouldnt care. But I want to see a game which does keep to star trek's cannon a bit more, with weapons etc. The phaser rifles should be cannon, with many selectable modes, etc. same with the handphaser. that do damage comparable to the series. IE: the handphaser in elite force was EXTREMELY weak compared to what its shown to be capable of on the series and in canon/semi-canon sources.

#9 - Posted by: Chrissstrahl (Member) on 10-25-2008 at 04:56

It is possible and legal to modifie the bsp files, especially the ef2 ones. This means you can modifie every ef2 map without having the source, you can edit every entity except the geometry it self, without having the source files. Via script you can do the rest. Thats how I have implemented multiplayer-spawns(which can't be spawned since they have to be preprocessed with the bsp) in the singleplayer maps for co-op. The clients do not need to have this edited bsp, since every entity gets sent to the client once he/she enters the server.

#10 - Posted by: skipper (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 09:05

Was there going to be a mod for HalfLife 2 called Elite Force 3?. Or has that been cancelled?.

#11 - Posted by: herussa (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 11:13

Change the story to an INTERESTING SCRIPT,BRING BACK THE FREAKING COMPRESSION RIFLE WITH SNIPER MODE,Zoom [all] Weapons,Maybe more entertaining movies,Longer game-Shorter levels,Melee combat. Signed,Herussa

#12 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 10-26-2008 at 12:42

STO will be basically Elite Force 3 in terms of a FPS element but I would love to see an Elite Force 3 set onboard the USS Defiant exploring the Gamma Quadrant or even an EF3 with a Star Trek Invasion type storyline to it. EF2 was so disappointing.

#13 - double post - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 10-26-2008 at 12:43

Forgot to say, If there was to be a EF3 it would have to be like Mass Effect or Dead Space. Dead Space reminds me of the first few missions of EF2 on board the USS Dallas :)

#14 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 16:58

Luckily there wasn't a mod for Half-Life 2. I wouldn't really want anything Star Trek on Valve's crappy ripoff of id Tech 3.