Weekly Poll Results - Most annoying generic character response/saying in Eltie F

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Most annoying generic character response/saying in Eltie Force Series?

Can't you see I'm working!? 56.5% (95)
Can I help you? 18.4% (31)
How many are there? 11.9% (20)
Look another one! 9.5% (16)
Other (Please State) 3.5% (6)
Start: 12-20-2008 09:45
Last: 12-27-2008 10:24

#1 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 12-20-2008 at 09:49

Once out of every hundred times or so the Doctor would respond to me by saying "Don't you have something to shoot at?"

#2 - Posted by: Luke20 (Staff) on 12-20-2008 at 10:14

The "LOOK ANOTHER ONE!!!" and "HOW MANY ARE THERE!!!" just make me laugh, so I don't find them annoying. The "Can I help you?" just sounds boring.

#3 - Posted by: Tricorder (Member) on 12-20-2008 at 11:03

Both "Can't you see I'm working!?" and "Can I help you?" are equally annoying to me. Instead of "Can't you see I'm working!?", how about actually telling something about your work, like "These power relays are gone; I need to replace them. Care to give me a hand? Then, ofcourse, you don't help and run away to the Holodeck instead. :D And instead of "Can I help you?", how about "Oh hey, Munro. Wanna come to my room and play with me?" :D

#4 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 12-20-2008 at 12:41

Or maybe when someone says "Can I help you?" Munro says "No, I'm just a jerk."

#5 - Posted by: dmkp (Member) on 12-21-2008 at 15:19

I think that blonde girl in EF2 was the most irritating with her "Please don't disturb me".

#6 - Posted by: jzmoney (Member) on 12-21-2008 at 21:28

yeah, the "i'm busy" and "please don't disturb me" were the most annoying.

#7 - Posted by: Vincent_lammeren (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 02:57

Can't you see I'm working whilst sitting in my chair just doing nothing?

#8 - Posted by: eddddedddd (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 10:31

"Well, they know we're here now" is a really bad one. I also hated when they are clearly NOT working and they say "Can't you see I'm working?" You're not working, you're staring out the window, so talk to me dammit!

#9 - @ 8 - Posted by: Tricorder (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 10:40

Just because they're looking through the window doesn't mean they're not working. For all you know, they could be looking for cracks in the glass. Or, Janeway ordered them to keep an eye out in a hope they'll spot a giant coffee bean floating around and then rush to the Transporter room and quickly beam it aboard. It's not easy to keep the Captain happy, you know? Especially if Captain is a coffee addict. :D Yeah, I'm rambleing stupid things here, but I'd like to see you come up with a better explanation. ;)

#10 - #8 & #9 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 12-22-2008 at 11:43

They could be looking for wormholes

#11 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 12:52

@9, Starships use transparent aluminum, not glass.

#12 - Posted by: eddddedddd (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 12:57

I think sensors would pick up a worm hole or cracks in the glass (sorry, transparent aluminum) before telsia's poor eyesight would.

#13 - @ 11 - Posted by: Tricorder (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 12:58

Ok. So, they're looking for cracks in transparent aluminum. We all know how easy aluminum rips apart. ;)

#14 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 19:16

"Well they know we're here now." Really I didn't notice that they knew. All that time I thought they were clueless. Maybe that was the reason they attacked! hmmm... :D

#15 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 12-23-2008 at 02:04

yeah thats one I always hated, Chell and Chang always say it...somehow it annoys me more when Chell says it :D

#16 - Posted by: exodus_499 (Member) on 12-23-2008 at 15:38

@4 - Lol! "Can I help you?" makes me want to respond with "Yes! Except that you CAN'T! So WHY ask?!", so that gets my vote :D