Weekly Poll Results - What is your Favourite Mission in Elite Force 2?

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 9 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What is your Favourite Mission in Elite Force 2?

Derelict (U.S.S. Dallas) 32.1% (62)
Destruction/Remove and Disable (Defending the Enterprise) 21.7% (42)
Endgame (Borg Sphere) 18.1% (35)
Mercenaries (Klingon Starbase) 6.7% (13)
I don't really have a favourite (state reason why) 6.2% (12)
Reassignment (Starfleet Academy) 5.1% (10)
Discovery (Idryll Planet) 2.5% (5)
Demise (Attrexian Station) 2% (4)
Payback (Idryll Base) 1.5% (3)
Endgame 2 (Master Control Facility) 1.5% (3)
Incognito (Empty Crown Base) 1% (2)
Search and Rescue (Attrexian Colony) 1% (2)
Start: 11-08-2008 12:34
Last: 11-15-2008 10:18

#1 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-08-2008 at 12:36

Maybe this has been asked before or not but even so a discussion on the missions from EF2 would be great. Personally I loved the U.S.S. Dallas mission because of its eerieness and also the Borg Sphere mission because it reminded me of EF1 alot. The rest were generally okay.

#2 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 12:41

none since I don't like the game at all.

#3 - Posted by: AdmiralHocking (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 13:52

The Academy interlude was my favourite part of the game, though the sphere comes in close second. In fairness though, my reason for liking them is that they're the only two near canon chapters in the game.

#4 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 15:23

I'll pretend you didn't say they seemed canon.

#5 - Posted by: AdmiralHocking (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 16:15

Well, Voyager did ride the Sphere out of the transwarp corridor and the Academy was from the show. Other than that, the crew on the Enterprise consisted of redshirts and three new species were introduced; one of which was supposed to be a major power. :/

#6 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-08-2008 at 16:33

I agree with Hocking, they were close to canon, not canon but close enough. Elite Force 2 just didn't feel like Elite Force 1. EF1 and the missions felt like extensions of Voyager, as if they could have very well have been episodes, EF2 especially the missions just didn't have that spark

#7 - Destruction - Posted by: Odyssey1319 (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 16:59

Mission six was absolutely amazing. The most action-packed part of the game! You have intruders beaming in left and right, the warp core's about to breach, and the hull breaches in a corridor while you're walking through it. You fight through every major location on the Enterprise. On top of all that, the introductory cutscene is the best one in the game. It's one of the reasons I keep replaying Elite Force II. Dallas comes in at a close second. Had a horror movie vibe to it.

#8 - Posted by: fraggles (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 18:09

Well, maybe part of it seemed close to canon in the first two missions, but the ideas used in them were just plainly un-Trek. Borg shooting (I know there were some in EF, but there was an actual reason because they were separated and had to fend for themselves), Borg doors, a single guy reassigning a whole team because he can, Ritual just never did their homework. Raven got it right nine tenths of the time where canon was due.

#9 - Derelict for the win! - Posted by: IsaacJoule (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 11:08

Derelict was my favorite, getting to see a ship that wasn't named Enterprise, Defiant or Voyager was long over due change. The Enterprise, K-7 and Academy stages were also really good. The Attrexian City and the search for Krindo would have been better if you weren't alone during the majority of those maps.

#10 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-10-2008 at 03:29

Yeah, the colony was cool. I thought one of the hardest parts of any of the missions was the malfunctioning forcefield bridge during the idryll base mission,when you had to time it perfectly.

#11 - Derelict - Posted by: alexraptor (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 17:20

Definatley going to have to vote for Derelict. Nice to be on an excelsior class ship and i liked the eerie feel of a derelict ship.

#12 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 11:22

The Dallas. I got the refit mod, so the consoles aren't using the 23rd century operating system. That level still makes me jump at times. @10: I HATED THOSE BRIDGES!!!!!! I splatted so many times...

#13 - Posted by: oberlerchner123 (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 13:44

@#12 same, why would anyone make such bridges? wouldnt it be easier to make a pure metal bridge, or a pure forcefield bridges so something could fly through it? well idryll logic, human logic: just walk on the railing ... you cant mappers put invisible clip around it :rolleyes: I know i'm thinking to much :p My favorite is Incognito. :)

#14 - Close, but not quite - Posted by: IsaacJoule (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 10:14

@5 and @6 I thought Elite Force 2 did a great job looking like Star Trek. But so does Bridge Commander. For me, what keeps Elite Force 2 from feeling like Elite Force 1/Voyager, or an episode of TNG, is the lack of canon characters. Elite Force 1 took so much care as to include minor characters like Chell, Jurot and Vorik, who only appeared in a handful of episodes. They even made Chell into a Hazard Team member. Elite Force 2 got lazy there. Picard, Barclay, Tuvok, Chell and Jurot. And they changed Chell's voice. Post Nemesis, there should be no excuse for Worf to be missing. The new first officer Martin Madden should have been there as well. Maybe even try to dig up other Enterprise-E crew members like Alyssa Ogawa or Kell Perim. Barclay was a nice touch, however. It would also save the company money because Dwight Shultz can do a number of different voices, well. Overall Enterprise-E felt like, as Ensign Andrew Jacobs said, "A different ship" because there were so few ties to previous aspects of TNG... or the rest of 24th century Trek. Also, there could have stood to have more side quests on board Enterprise-E. Getting Ensign Alison Pearson to say something other than "Please don't disturb me" could be a mission in and of itself. Fortunately, Chrissstrahl has been fixing another annoying aspect of EF2 - constant separation from your team. Elite Force 1 was big on doing that too, I suppose it's as a result of AI limitations, but even so, I think it was too excessive. A minor gripe, the inconsistent use of voices and models. That's just sloppy on the part of Ritual. That said, I thought the Enterprise-E, Dallas, Starfleet Academy and Klingon Starbase maps and missions were really awesome.