Weekly Poll Results - Which Class of Starship would...

Published by AdmiralHocking 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Which Class of Starship would you rather have seen more of?

Akira Class 52.6% (110)
Nebula Class 15.7% (33)
Other 15.7% (33)
Norway Class 8.1% (17)
Sabre Class 7.6% (16)
Start: 05-26-2008 14:23
Last: 06-03-2008 01:58

#1 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 05-26-2008 at 14:26

Akira, it needs a series.

#2 - Posted by: oberlerchner123 (Member) on 05-27-2008 at 03:16

The Akira, because it's a strong and highly maneuverable gunship. :rock:

#3 - Posted by: Stuka94 (Staff) on 05-27-2008 at 11:32

Norway Class. I for some reason have an addiction to it. :thumbsup:

#4 - Akira is a close relative of the NX Class - Posted by: Cmdr_Bryan (Member) on 05-27-2008 at 15:18

Everytime i watched Enterprise, i thought of the Akira class ships, there are only slight differences in the design (Enterprise nacelles are above saucer, Akira's are below saucer) I think i liked the look of the Akira more than the NX class overall mainly because I enjoyed late 24th century ship designs.

#5 - Other - Posted by: Mac_Dude (Member) on 05-27-2008 at 21:42

PROMETHEUS!!!! FTW!!!!!

#6 - Posted by: Leftbridge (Member) on 05-28-2008 at 11:02

IDK... I'm leaning more toward a Nova Class...or Prometheus

#7 - #4 - Posted by: Capt332 (Member) on 05-31-2008 at 04:33

#4 If you turn the Enterprise upside down, you get the Akira (or a close relative lol) I think the Akira - It is a beautiful ship design, especially the rear of the ship and the deflector dish. If it had its own series it would be cool, especially with the weapons pod etc etc.

#8 - It's a little hard, but... - Posted by: Chris91 (Member) on 06-01-2008 at 09:15

...First off, I wouldn't choose other since not many had specified their vote (I think two) and therefore seems more of a throwaway. Were it not, I might've voted Other and engaged in a little wishful thinking of an Excelsior-class; not unlike the first of her class as portrayed in Star Trek VI. Doesn't have to be Sulu and Crew or even Excelsior herself (although that's wishful thinking, especially nowadays), but she's a good ship to see more of in an era I'd like to see more of (the 2290s). But because I think "Other" seemed more or less ultimately a throwaway where you don't have to specify, I voted for Nebula between it and Akira. Now, while I think you can have the type of Trek story-telling we've had among the past few shows and put it on a warship (not unlike the last three Trek movies or the later seasons of DS9 with episodes off-station, if you would consider the Sovereign-class a borderline or outright ship of battle), I think seeing more of a ship like a Nebula--more general purpose with the capability to swap out modules to one suited for a combat role, or some other role like exploration--would better fit in line with the general idea of an optimistic, explorative Trek type of story-telling, rather than a more, "Go get the bad guys!" approach of the second-to-last Enterprise season that might go along with the sublight, close-range exchange of phaser/photon fire many like (as seen in DS9). As much as people like that, I think either would be disappointed in either a more pure-action Trek, or one with views that might not exactly click with your own (that might come with centering around a more combat-oriented Starship like an Akira-class, even if it is not bad aesthetically).