Weekly Poll Results - Is the Zann Consortium overpowered?

Published by Foshjedi2004 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Is the Zann Consortium overpowered?

Yes. I lose to them quite often. 41.9% (462)
No. I slaughter the thugs with ease. 40.1% (442)
ZC? What's that? Have you been smoking crack again, Penguin? 17.9% (198)
Start: 09-15-2008 07:32
Last: 09-26-2008 00:20

#1 - Posted by: LordTyber (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 07:36

They're not overpowered you just need to be good to defeat them or lucky I enjoy playing as them though

#2 - Posted by: Darth_Awec (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 08:23

Where are the options 'Yes, I own everything with them.' and 'No, I always lose with them.'?

#3 - Posted by: CaptainVerbic (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 10:36

They have powerful but expansive units - that's good solution for me.

#4 - Posted by: The_Farseer (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 10:48

Consortium sucks. I converted their entire race to Mandalorians :p

#5 - Posted by: Saije (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 12:35

Hmm tough call, I'd have to go with a non-existent fourth option. True, when I'm playing against them, I've almost always won, but then I usually have built up a huge fleet. They have the potential to be overpowered, I mean cloaking devices, weapons that can bypass shields, the option to bribe their way past entire fleets, some of the corruption options, they have a lot of advantages. If someone knows how to use them, i could see them kicking some serious butt.

#6 - Posted by: republic_owner (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 13:44

Maby there overpowered, like Saije says!! with those shield penatration weapons they can do an awfull lot of damage!! AND last time i played against them, i lost a Bullwark and some escorts to an even smaller fleet :eek: BUT at the other hand, i can crush them with easy in a Hard GC Battle!!! So let them come... R_O...

#7 - Posted by: Joke_Instructor (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 13:58

actually, in my opinion they just suck.. only thing they do is getting on your nerves by corrupting everything.. unless i think they are rather weak compareed to to the empire (superweapons) or the rebels (small but, used correctly, very destructiv)..

#8 - Posted by: Schofield (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 14:36

This poll was up a LONG time ago.

#9 - Hmm... - Posted by: Xanofar (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 16:17

When I play as *any* faction, I typically group my forces together and have specialized scout units as well as specialized long-range units, as well as units/buildings that spawn infinite/near-infinite cannon fodder units, along with specialized area-protection units (AT-AAs, Interdictor Cruisers, Mobile Shield Generators, etc.) that I use to great efficient effect against both the Empire and the Rebels, this strategy, however, doesn't really work against the ZC nearly as well in my experience, so yeah. They're hard to defend against, but if you go on an all out massive offense, they don't stand a chance. Oh, and Corruption is just plain annoying because of sabotage, though I like to use it personally.

#10 - Posted by: Soveriegn (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 16:21

I think their just annoying, but in a regular game they can be defeated easily. I frankly hate how they never stop corrupting, I mean I hate sending a hero to remove corruption ever 3 minutes.

#11 - Thing is... - Posted by: Xanofar (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 16:22

If you give the Rebels or the Empire space and just keep making either quick hit-and-run raids or sniper attacks, it can effectively weaken a great deal before taking them head-on. Against the Zann Consortium's mass drivers and heavy shields, however, your going to do only minimal damage, and take a decent deal of damage yourself. But yeah, like I said, the ZC really can't take a head-on attack nearly as well as other factions can. So yeah, they're not quite unfair, though there are a few balance issues, they're just really different.

#12 - Posted by: AdmiralSnackbar (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 17:29

i dont really play as them i like to play as the empire and i usually own themm with the ssd but if you go to the mod foc additions it adds quite a few units to them and the empire and the rebellion. it also lets you play as the pirates which in my opinion dont have alot of good units (except for the faleen rogues which pwn!!!:D) you showld check it out sometime! and for the poll i do farely well with them.

#13 - srry for double post - Posted by: AdmiralSnackbar (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 17:32

the one thing i hate about the zc is that they fricken corrupt like avery 10 seconds:furious:!!!!!!!!!!! but theres a patch for it and it also patches several other problems with the game, its called foc fixes check that out too sometime:)

#14 - Posted by: Eagle_101 (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 20:00

You see I am the Consortium usually. The Aggressors are the best and I could pwn the imps. any day. I can also have cooler stuff than the Imps. That's why I like them. So I'll vote no on this one.

#15 - Posted by: Grig (Member) on 09-15-2008 at 23:45

The consortium is WAY over-powered... unless your a good player your going to get your ass handed to you quite often (my little brother/sister end up that way frequently) the devs should have been more concerned about BALANCE than the uniqueness of the FOC

#16 - Posted by: The_Farseer (Member) on 09-16-2008 at 09:25

to #15...if that was the case than you would have received a sterile, boring and out rite crappy expansion pack simply because the ZC would have been exactly like the two existing races. IMO, imbalance CAN make a game fun if done correctly...as it presents a challenge for seasoned players of the previous factions. That said...I stated before the ZC sucks and I stand by that decision. Mandalorians ftw!

#17 - Posted by: CoffeeHoffee101 (Member) on 09-17-2008 at 07:05

So this is Penguin's website... haha I can see where your bad taste in PotD's come from now! Don't come to the KotOR files and rate pictures when you don't understand the game. Anyways... I think they aren't overpowered, nor underpowered. I think that they are just perfect!

#18 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 09-17-2008 at 14:47

the ZC are overpowered. the Keldabe battleship is the most powerful non-SSD ship in game, and can deal more than enough damage to destroy ships with minimal damage. plus, it can drain shields from a great range.

#19 - Posted by: Droid803 (Member) on 09-18-2008 at 22:19

Noone remembers the age of Star Viper Rush? (pre 1.01 patch) THAT was when ZC was OPed. 5 wings = GG. No comment on them right now, since I've seen them absolutely kick ass using skiprays, but I've also seen them get pwnt by econ harrasment. They might be slightly more powerful than the other factions, but good players would know how to play around that. Its nothing game-breaking.

#20 - Posted by: sevicson (Member) on 09-19-2008 at 16:45

they are overpowered if you didn't download the patch. Download the patch and stop whining I'd say. The patch fixes rebel stuff aswell (no heroes in online campaign). So like I said 1000x times on eaw/foc online...download the fricking patch so every can play foc and not having a group with no patch and a group with the patch waiting like 30 min before a game can start...and this waiting time is just for space. For land it's even worser.

#21 - I yllanosreP - Posted by: Grig (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 00:41

Personally I modded my copy of the ZC so that their super-launcher cannons can’t target fighters (never understood that, how can a huge flying hunk of plasma target something as fast as a fighter?) so bombers actually have a chance against them now. Send in a wing of bombers and their main advantage of decimating your fighter wings – which are SUPPOSED to be able to counter heavy ships – is gone.

#22 - Posted by: Grand_Admiral_Andrew (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 07:10

lol i didnt download the patch and they aint overpowered there 2 stupid lol thats ais in gc

#23 - My Take... - Posted by: JasonJAD13 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 11:12

If I'm playing as the Empire, I try to avoid building the Death Star. Either I don't build it, or I build it over an asteroid planet, either Vergesso or Alderaan. If I'm playing as the Rebellion, I just build up one of those Raids, preferably two Speeders and Garm Bel Iblis, and raid a Consortium planet.

#24 - Posted by: Grand_Admiral_Andrew (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 12:40

lol i always play as the empire notice my name :D

#25 - Posted by: GreedoNeverShot (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 15:51

None. They are overpowered, but I still pwn em.

#26 - Posted by: eculc (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 13:09

uhm... I wouldn't call it "overpowered" so to speak, it's just that after you play a few games with them in gets annoying never seeing the third team. to me--no. absolutley not. easy. but speaking to the AI--pick it up. these lousy thugs can't beat me, and you can, sometimes, so fight back.

#27 - Posted by: Dark_Sasuke (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 17:20

They are overpowered, but seriously, if you're a good player, then you should have no trouble beating the ZC. That said, the ZC is my favourite faction, and i play them most often, but when i play Empire, i have no trouble. Micromanagement ftw.

#28 - Hmm... - Posted by: Xanofar (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 00:37

Really, I think how hard they are to beat comes down to how you fight against them as well as which map it is, because their main land tactics are guerrilla warfare, whereas the Empire is a straight forward assault. Defending against the consortium is tricky because they'll keep making sniping pot-shots and hit-and-run raids against you, but rushing them with all guns blazing is very successful, usually, because they can't handle that kind of firepower all at once. In a nutshell, the ZC is a Broadside Cruiser, if you leave it alone, it'll cause you Hell, but if you bother to rush it head on, it will fall before you rather quickly.

#29 - Posted by: Jack2066 (Member) on 09-24-2008 at 06:03

We when ever me and my friend (Online) play against them EMpire vs Con's, we always loose... Online play makes the AI way more powerful.

#30 - Posted by: Schofield (Member) on 09-24-2008 at 18:10