Weekly Poll Results - What Mod do you think the "Something is Rising"

Published by Foshjedi2004 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What Mod do you think the "Something is Rising" News is about?

Clone Wars Mod 48.3% (488)
Kotor Mod 19.7% (199)
NJO/Legacy Era Mod 17.9% (181)
Other Mod Entirely! 13.9% (141)
Start: 07-07-2008 03:38
Last: 07-16-2008 16:00

#1 - Posted by: DarthBandon (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 04:40

im still going to say its a vong mod:D

#2 - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:16

I wish the option "what ever it is" was there...

#3 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:21

I going to hope for a Babylon 5 mod. I know it's a stretch, but I can hope. What ever it is I hope it lives up to the suspence its creating

#4 - IA2 - Posted by: vaderwalker (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:23

I think it's Imperial Assault II. Not a lot has been released from them but screenshots. They must be in a beta stage by now.:confused:

#5 - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:50

I vote for 2nd Galactic Civil War, early Legacy era.

#6 - Posted by: Jedi_Walon (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:50

I think this is the Republic At War mod by Z3r0x

#7 - Babylon 5? - Posted by: DarthBandon (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 10:51

i seriously dout that.

#8 - Posted by: Jack2066 (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 14:24

All Era Mega Mod FTW!

#9 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 17:02

no, jack. just no. noody wants to see that mod.

#10 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 17:05

20% of people think it is a kotor mod. what kotor mod? i hardly think AOSW is ready ye (no offence) and fat chance of UEAW releasing anything.

#11 - Posted by: Vaders_legion (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 19:09

Jack, your such a dumbass, the only positive comments about your mod are coming from you, which is sad i might add... Its a clonewars mod im pretty sure, "The dark times" were before the formation of the empire when those years of peace in the Republic were broken.

#12 - *Facepalm* - Posted by: Penguin_Unit (Staff) on 07-07-2008 at 20:02

no, jack. just no. noody wants to see that mod.

I would.

You don't want it simply because you don't like the person who suggested it. Don't be such a killjoy everywhere you post a comment.

I myself think it's a KotOR mod. Discreet references such as the "fringes" of the "known modding community" translates to the Unknown Regions. "One of the forces of old" is another dead giveaway. Legacy Era armies were new, not old.

"It's name is lost to time". The Legacy era stuff began (as far as I know) not much earlier than 130 ABY. The Empire hadn't been forgotten by then. "Set before the dark times, set before the fall, this force is rising once more." Before the dark times is the Empire's reign. The fall was the destruction of the Jedi Order. It has to at least be from before Episode 3.

In short, it's either a KotOR mod or an incredible series of coincidences.

#13 - Posted by: Eagle_101 (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 22:01

It either will be RaW or Imperial Assault 2. I have seen z3r0x on the IA2 forums. He has even posted screens for the mod just recently too. Then again I have seen Bryant on the RaW forum. There is something weird about the two mods. There seems to be people working for both mods. I'm wondering if something like a combination is going to happen or it was all about them helping each other out. Penguin bear with me. I'm not trying to flame you or anything. You probably overanalyzed it. Fosh probably didn't use those quotes to reference a KotoR era mod what so ever. We just have to wait and see. No put down intended. You can believe what you want.

#14 - 12 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-08-2008 at 00:21

PU, maybe you don't know about the all-era megamod. it is a mod made by jake green, scum of the community. don't let the name fool you. it's a clone wars mod. it steals units from modellers and games and puts them in to eEAW. they give the community a bad name.

#15 - ... - Posted by: Penguin_Unit (Staff) on 07-08-2008 at 22:02

Not to sound flaming, but...

Honestly, I think you yourself give a bad name to the community. You've showed up in the comments for several "newb" mods and bashed the authors for seemingly no reason.

Respect others and examine yourself before you say people are degrading the community.

#16 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 04:31

sorry to continue this, but are you defending a mod which steals its models? that's just wrong, especially for network staff.

#17 - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 05:49

Maybe were getting worked up about nothing?

#18 - sorry for double post - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 05:50

What the heck is this "Babylon 5" mod?

#19 - Posted by: rattler20200 (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 08:01

I heard around the internet that someone's got a Wing Commander mod in the works. I'd tell you where I heard it, but the admins frown on talking about other sites. No offense guys, you're cool. it's only in the planing stages at the moment, but I think it would be cool. Don't ask me for details guys, I have nothing to do with this mod, I just heard about it.

#20 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 09:34

major a. payne? that one's in modelling stages.

#21 - Small? - Posted by: Cainrae (Member) on 07-10-2008 at 03:25

Have you guys wondered over the fact that this might be some 12 year old kid who's making a really lame mod and just wanted to make an announcement to make it sound cool? :S It is possible, seen that before on the Elder Scroll's Site annd the LOTR site.

#22 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-10-2008 at 05:04

no, because foshjedi admitted writing it.

#23 - Posted by: Foshjedi2004 (Staff) on 07-10-2008 at 06:11

Yup :) I wrote it using my thoughts of amazingness :D AKA my brain :P It means that noone knows what it is apart from me and a few other people so when it does occur it'll come straight out of left field =P

#24 - Clone Wars - Posted by: Gold_Leader (Member) on 07-10-2008 at 12:37

I hope it's about the Clone Wars because I HATE the KotOR era. Even though I do like the Sith, but that's it.

#25 - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-11-2008 at 18:40

I hope it's not from KotOR, I can imagine how bad that would be.

#26 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 06:46

why would that be bad? AOSW is a great mod!

#27 - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 17:10

I think the KoTOR area shouldn't of been brought to a game such as EaW, it should remain in the books, and in the KoTOR games.

#28 - Posted by: Eagle_101 (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 18:49

I agree. Clone Wars ftw!

#29 - have you played AOSW? - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 02:25

have you? it is a great game.

#30 - Posted by: Eagle_101 (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 10:59

No. I have the mod for EaW though. But I only have it to make EaW funner.

#31 - Posted by: Darth_Thauron (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 11:11

I'm not really a big fan of the KoTOR era....

#32 - Posted by: Eagle_101 (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 11:31

I don't like it whatsoever.

#33 - Posted by: 2_Dume_2_Die (Member) on 07-14-2008 at 13:14

maybe its a mod related to the out bound flight of Thrawn since his name was forgotten(the new republic had thought they had killed all the grand admirals until Thrawn re-appeared) and sent to the unknown regions before the rise of the Empire.(I think, I'm not sure) And beginning of something new or end of something old referring to the hand of Thrawn book name's and plots, Specter of the past, and Vision of the future and how the Chiss territory would have been a treasure to the empire and how the Chiss were more powerful than they were when they were first discovered by Palpatine. or I could be completely wrong. o-well I guess we'll see in due time.

#34 - Posted by: vadereclipse (Member) on 07-14-2008 at 14:09

i would probably agree, if not for "before the fall."

#35 - Posted by: 2_Dume_2_Die (Member) on 07-14-2008 at 14:48

Before the dark time's, a.k.a. before the fall of the republic and rise of the empire. so it would fit.

#36 - Posted by: Captain_Limko (Member) on 07-14-2008 at 19:34

It might not be a Star Wars related mod at all. Perhaps someone out there is making a Homeworld, Eve Online, Star Trek, Descent Free Space, Battlefleet Gothic, ect. mod. Any one of those or more could be it, though I can't think of many others. If it is a Star Wars mod I'm hoping for either IA2 or Thrawn's Revenge. If it's a non-sw mod, well, any of the ones I mentioned aside from Homeworld would work better with Homeworld 2's engine. Not nocking EaW's engine or anything but I'd rather see Battlefleet Gothic in HW2 than EaW. This is just me rambling though, take my opinon as you will.

#37 - did you read the it? - Posted by: DarthBandon (Member) on 07-16-2008 at 04:50

did you read the page? it has to do with Star Wars! not some other crap