Vivendi has released a new v1.06 patch for Monolith's first person close-quarters combat experience FEAR addressing a loading issue with games saved before the 1.05 update and several other various fixes.
This latest update corrects a loading issue with games saved before the 1.05 update and several other various fixes. Updated SDK and dedicated server files have also been released to work with the new update.
This v1.05 update gives players two brand new multiplayer gameplay modes. Here are brief descriptions of the new modes.
Two teams compete for three Control Points. Teams earn points for each Control Point they hold. To win, one team must reach the score limit before their opposition or have the highest score when the time limit expires.
Capture All mode:
Two teams compete for five Control Points. Team points are earned for neutralizing or capturing a Control Point as well as killing enemy players. To win, one team must capture all five Control Points, reach the score limit before opposing team does, or have the highest score when the time limit expires.
This patch updates F.E.A.R. from version 1.03 to version 1.04. Please note that this patch applies to all language versions.
The changes are as follows:
* Code changes to allow the source code release.
* Fixed typo in description of HUD fade speed on Game Options screen. * Fixed crash associated with patch not overwriting default.archcfg file. * Fixed crash associated with aborting game load from the GameSpy lobby. * Fixed issue with weapon perturb not being calculated correctly when held at extreme vertical angles.
* CD Key is now hidden when entered in the Multiplayer Client options. * Fixed Server crash associated with clients using bad strings. * Fixed random client crash in listen server games with more than eight players. * Fixed issue with F.E.A.R. background disappearing on "Find Servers" screen. * Fixed typo description of Defend Base Radius option on the CTF Host Options menu. * Fixed occasional client crash immediately after joining a remote server. * Fixed client crash associated with stopping the GameSpy Server Browser. * Removed restriction on presale content for normal customers. * Users can now vote for map selection, next round, and next map. * The Dedicated Server column of the server browser screen has been removed. The Platform column now shows three different icons: hosted servers, dedicated Win32 servers, and dedicated Linux servers. * An additional graphic and sound will play when you are hit with a headshot. * Option added to allow NavMarkers to fade out as they get farther from the center of the screen. The key this is bound to can be set with the "Toggle Markers" option in the Status section of Configure Controls. * Added Punkbuster Support.
* Fixed bad string output for messages typed into the console from a dedicated server operator. * Added Japanese character support to FearServer.exe. * Editing server options with scmd will now update info on remote clients. * Fixed issue with launching a new listen server after disconnecting from a server running custom maps. * Fixed issue with the -archcfg command line option not being recognized when running a dedicated or listen server with a mod .archcfg file. * Added a new command line option, -userdirectory , to set the user directory to the specified path, instead of the default path of Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsMonolith ProductionsFEAR. P lease refer to the serverreadme.txt file for more information on this option.
* The -optionsfile command line argument will now recognize a full path to the server options file, making it possible to reference an options file outside of the user directory. Please note that the full file name must be specified, including the extension (e.g. ".txt"). * The -mpcustomizations command line argument will now recognize a full path to the customizations file, making it possible to reference a customizations file outside of the user directory. * The server multiplayer scoring log file now resides in the user directory rather than the executable directory. * The server multiplayer scoring log now provides the unique ID of each player and the objective points scored by each player. * Fixed issue with the Linux dedicated server failing to start if the multiplayer scoring log was enabled.
* Fixed some server integrity issues. * Reverted a v1.01 change to flesh impact effects that caused blood spray to turn off in the low gore setting. * Fixed a crash that could occur when a client tried to rejoin or exit after a failed content download.
Global: * Fixed a problem where players could fall under the map after pressing ESC while climbing a ladder. * Fixed a bug where water FX would play where there was no water in the "Heavy Resistance" level.
* Fixed the Game Type filter on the server browser screen. * Fixed broken ladder animations. * Spectator "Fly" mode now works as intended. * SlowMo Score Time is now reported through the in-game server browser for SlowMo CTF games. * Fixed a problem where players would sometimes spawn into Team Elimination games as a neutral player. * Team Eliminmation servers will no longer advance to the next round if you are the first to join and then switch teams. * Dead players will no longer win the round in Elimination game types if they have the highest score when time runs out. * The score tally on the HUD now works properly in all Elimination game types. * Remote clients can no longer log into SCMD on hosted games as original intended. SCMD still works as before on dedicated servers. * The weapon of the player you are watching will no longer appear on the screen when using the "Follow" spectator mode. * Fixed problem with grenades getting stuck on or bouncing off of breakable windows in certain levels. * Further optimized performance and fixed minor lighting and art bugs in the Streets CTF level.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!