With any new game that hits the market, there are bound to be issues...and Far Cry 2 is no different! ...And so, Ubisoft has released a patch updating Far Cry 2 to v1.01. this patch, weighing in at about 42 megs, fixes a number of problems that have surfaced since the game's release...
What does it fix?
- Fixed for difficulty level not changing health when updated.
- Fixed keyboard controls remapping in single mode that didn't carry into multiplayer mode.
- Fixed a random crash when joining a game.
- Fixed to make sure game is minimized in order to show the website when clicking on ubi.com
- Fixed players with same name by using identifiers instead of names.
The changes included are:
- Prevent a buddy from getting stuck when healing him while receiving damages.
- Display server's IP address in lobby, beside the match’s name (for direct IP join to work)
- A ranked match that is already started will not be listed in the match list.
- Improved match start conditions. Ranked games can now also start if the player max is attained and everybody but the host is ready.
- Always validate the diamond pool after class upgrades, reset or rank up to avoid getting more diamonds than the player is supposed to for his rank.
- Allow launching the Dedicated Server Launcher in command line.
Get your very own copy of the patch now and start enjoying Far Cry 2 the way it was meant to be enjoyed!