Ubisoft has come through once again to make this game even better then before! With any new game that hits the market, there are bound to be issues...and Far Cry 2 is no different! ...And so, the powers that be have released a new patch updating Far Cry 2 to v1.02. This patch, weighing in at just over 51 megs, fixes a number of problems that have surfaced since the release of the previous patch...
- Some of the general changes include:
- Added triple-header support to the game.
- A widescreen option has been added and can be enabled in the display options menu.
- Fixed certain characters that weren't allowed during profile creation
- Some of the Multiplayer changes include:
- Game Options:
- In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same host.
- Fixed the direct join by IP functionality.
- Players can now filter the server list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated, server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match search from the map leader board.
- Added the minimum number of players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the scoreboard.
- The host can now set the respawn time in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting rank of all players in the match, in advanced options, for player matches only.
- The ping system has been improved to display a more accurate result.
- It is now possible to add a clan name to the player’s name through the use_clan_tag console command.
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen.
- Game Play:
- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team only.
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to the lowest.
- The IEDs are now destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
- The distance from a wounded teammate is now displayed.
- Game Options:
Time to make an awesome game even awesomer...that's right, I said awesomer :D
We know that the wait has been long for some of you, we have used this time to provide you a great patch, and we hope you’ll enjoy the improvements we’ve made. If you had problems applying the 1st patch (1.01), please apply this cumulative patch.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!