Weekly Poll Results - What are your impressions of Far Cry 2?

Published by Hfx-Rebel 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What are your impressions of Far Cry 2?

Love it! I don't think these people can any wrong! 41.9% (189)
It's alright...but it's no Far Cry 31.2% (141)
I wonder if they're considering any expansions ;P 12.6% (57)
Other. Explain. 6.6% (30)
Whats a Far Cry 2? 3.9% (18)
I like them both equally 3.5% (16)
Start: 11-09-2008 10:45
Last: 11-16-2008 18:54

#1 - Posted by: Frieden (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 11:19

I'm somewhere between "Love it!" and "It's all right." The game is great, but definitely not flawless.

#2 - Posted by: Arson_Evil (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 16:05

Its alright... I miss the Tridgens sadly... :'(

#3 - Posted by: Heinrichmaster (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 19:03

It's a great game, but nothing like the first one. I was expecting a sequel. :confused:

#4 - Posted by: LikeSo (Member) on 11-09-2008 at 21:03

Voted "What's a FarCry 2?", just to be different. :p My actual opinion on this game isn't so simple. I like it and all, but it doesn't have the same feel as FarCry...or maybe it has TOO much of the same feel, and I've just gotten sick of it.

#5 - Posted by: brenthanial (Member) on 11-12-2008 at 21:03

I really like the game, but it wasn't exactly what I thought, or wanted it to be. I would've preferred more realistic gameplay, rather than the arcade-style gunfights. I think tactics and stealth could have been flushed out more - although how you approach the quest and how you initiate contact is up to you, once combat has begun it is pretty much the same deal over and over. Most of all, the AI was a total let down. They are aggressive, but that's about it. They are dumber than bricks and very seldom behave as they did in the AI expo videos ("Deceiving Your Enemy", for instance). All in all I think it made some great progress and set some new precedents, but didn't quite carry it out (which is understandable given the gravity of such progress). Here's to Far Cry 3, anyone?

#6 - Posted by: ButtHungryAssClown (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 06:20

i played Far Cry 2... but i dont get it at all..... you come, you almost die on malaria, the jackal save you ass almost every time, at the end.... you help him with blow up and thats it :confused: