God of War racked up five awards in the Gaming BAFTAs last night, eclipsing other nominees like Red Dead Redemption 2, which had six nominations but failed to win an award and that is a huge surprise considering the game of its quality and magnitude. It was tough competition, God of War has captured many hearts and minds this year and features on many awards lists this year.
Fortnite won the Best Evolving Game, which has been down its success in constantly introducing updates and seasonal changes to keep players interested. It's taken the gaming world by storm but understandably no God of War.
An audience vote was held for the Mobile Game of the Year and that was awarded to Old School Runescape that released on mobile. The game brought back memories for so many of us, even I downloaded it and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I cannot wait for the current version Runescape to be put onto Android and IoS to be played on cross-server compatibility, that is the next step for Runescape in my opinion.
Congratulations to the God War team and of course all the winners, here are all the Bafta winners:
- Original Property: Into the Breach
- Music: God of War
- Game Design: The Return of the Obra Dinn
- Evolving Game: Fortnite
- Narrative: God of War
- Debut Game: Yoku's Island Express
- Mobile: Florence
- Family: Nintendo Labo
- Artistic Achievement: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Multiplayer: A Way Out
- Audio Achievement: God of War
- Game Innovation: Nintendo Labo
- Performer: Jeremy Davies, God of War
- Best British Game: Forza Horizon 4
- Game Beyond Entertainment: My Child Lebensborn
- Mobile Game of the Year (Audience Vote): Old School Runescape
- Best Game: God of War
There are no comments yet. Be the first!