Posted on February 12, 2013, Kevin Thielenhaus Aliens: Colonial Marines – Spaceballs Chestburster Easter Egg
Mel Brooks’ classic sci-fi spoof doesn’t just lampoon Star Wars — Aliens is referenced in one particularly memorable scene. In a strange moment of reflexive refrencing, Aliens: Colonial Marines has its own tribute to Spaceballs found more than halfway through the singleplayer campaign. See how to find this little goodie, and what exactly it is, with the text guide below.
Spaceballs Chestburster Easter Egg
- Level: Mission 7 – One Bullet
- How to Find:
- Start up Mission 7: One Bullet and fight your way through the facility to the operating rooms further in, each one full of Xeno specimens in glass containers.
- Continue past a room where test subjects are attached to Facehuggers and through the hallway ahead where you’ll encounter more human soldiers.
- Here, look for a door bathed in green light and explore the hallway to located an office with the mission’s second audio log.
- Before entering the second room where soldiers will attempt to activate alarms, leave and circle around to another hallway leading to the same alarm room.
- Your partner Cruz will wait to rush inside the alarm room. Instead of following him, leaving the operating room through the alternate door and enter the alarm room through the leftmost side of the path.
- Entering the alarm room this alternate way will trigger a special easter egg.
- What is It?:
- Inside one of the glass containers, look very closely. There’s a tiny tophat and cane where a chestburster should be.
- This is a reference to the famous scene near the end of Spaceballs, when the character Kane (played once again by John Hurt) makes a cameo in the spoof, in which a chestburster explodes from his chest and dances out of the scene singing “Hello! Ma Baby” — which is itself a reference to the Warner Bros. character Michigan J. Frog.
More Aliens: Colonial Marines Cheats, Tips, and Secrets