Posted on October 30, 2012, Kevin Thielenhaus Assassin’s Creed 3: Easter Eggs Guide
In a game as big as Assassin’s Creed 3, there should be no surprise you’ll be able to find hidden jokes and references scattered everywhere — that’s why we’re collecting every easter egg in one place. Check out the always expanding compendium below, and keep watching for updates as we dig ever deeper into the revolutionary past. We expect there’s even more hidden in the corners of colonial New York and Boston.
Defeat the Templars once again with Game Front’s Assassin’s Creed 3 text walkthrough.
Easter Eggs & Pop-Culture References
More updates incoming as we play through Assassin’s Creed 3.
The Haunted Lighthouse
- To get started, you’ll need to talk to some men in a camp on the Frontier. This one becomes available after completing the Sasquatch quest, detailed below.
- Listen to the spooky story, and you’ll be on your way to the objective. Located on the eastern side of the frontier, after climbing up the lighthouse you’ll find a scarecrow.
The Truth About Sasquatch
- In the Frontier, you can come across a side-quest to hunt the elusive sasquatch. If you take on the mission, the grizzled hunters will tell you a story about the beast before sending you on your way.
- If you continue the quest, you’ll find a cave near a waterfall to the northwest. Inside, it’s just an ordinary man. Sorry, cryptobiologists!
- This is a side-quest in Boston, with another spooky story given by a grizzled hunter in a tavern. Follow his mission to discover the source of the UFO.
- Travel west of the city, and climb a tree to find the true source of this otherworldly sight. Just an umbrella.
- The Loch Ness monster makes a surprise appearance in another side-quest. Talk to the men in a Boston tavern to hear the story of an encounter on the high seas.
- Next, you’ll need to travel around Boston to listen in on more tall-tales from three other people. Talk to all three, and you’ll discover the true source of the story — just an old atmospheric diving suit.
The Headless Horseman
- Another scary story about a German mercenary without a head comes up in the Frontier. Find a camp to talk and gain the side-quest to learn more.
- If you investigate, you’ll find a dead body. But, you’ll get a scare as a true Headless Horsemen, with only a lit-up jack-o-lantern for a head, appears before running off. Spooky pay-off, finally!
Leonardo Flies Again!
- In Assassin’s Creed past, you were able to pilot one of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Flying Machines. In a side-quest, you’ll meet an inventor that’ll ask you to give it a try.
- This guy is no Da Vinci. The moment you try the flying machine, you’ll crash land in the water below.
Cool Hand Luke
- Bumping into certain ladies around Boston will give you this reference to 1967 film Cool Hand Luke. They’ll utter, with some annoyance, “What we have here is a failure to communicate.”
- During the early sequence with Desmond in Brazil, you’ll be running through a stadium’s catwalks.
- Take a moment to look down and you can watch a fictional MMA fight. It’s Guilherme Venancio VS. Luis Otavio Duris, stop a moment and you can watch the fight go down in real time.
Found more easter eggs or references? Leave us a comment and we’ll include your suggestion.