Posted on August 30, 2013, Ian Miles Cheong Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Dated for Release
Beamdog, which previously put out the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate, has announced its plans to release Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition this November for the Mac and PC.
The whole package is set to contain the original Shadows of Amn campaign and the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack in addition to new content designed specifically for the release.
Here’s what’s in store:
- The Final Chapter – Baldur’s Gate 2 Enhanced Edition includes Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.
- Four New Party Members – Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.
- The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay – Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
- Easy Multiplayer – Baldur’s Gate 2 Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
- Widescreen and More - Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.
The game is set for release on November 15, and will also be available on Android and iPad platforms.