Posted on September 18, 2012, Kevin Thielenhaus Borderlands 2: How to Find the Donkey Kong Easter Egg [Video]
The timeless rivalry between Mario and monkey began when Donkey Kong kidnapped the sewage-working gaming icon’s best lady. Now, Mitchell from the Game Front Youtube Channel fires another shot in the endless war between gorillas and short guys. Playing as the height-impaired Gunzerker, Mitch discovered yet another secret easter egg. Search around, and you’ll find a special enemy called Donkey Mong, and this guy is worth seeing. Check out the full video or find him yourself with the text guide below.
Survive Pandora a second time with our full walkthrough. Kill mutant turtles or Gunzerk like crazy with Borderlands 2 cheats page, where you’ll find all our extra in-depth articles for Gearbox’s seminal sequel.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Definitely An Italian Plumber (15 points / Bronze):
Killed Donkey Mong.
How to Find the Donkey Kong Easter Egg
- To unlock the achievement, and discover the rare monster named Donkey Mong (an riff on Nintendo’s Donkey Kong) you’ll need to find him first.
- You’ll need to reach the Eridium Blight. Be sure that you’re high enough level to easily handle the monsters there, as you’ll need to fight the more-difficult Donkey Mong.
- Go to the southwest corner of the map, you’ll pass through a Hyperion gate on the way. Turn right off the path as you pass through the gate and up the hall.
- Check out the hills with lots of Bullymongs and Rakts. There’s a chance Donkey Mong will randomly appear.
- He’s a rare Mong. If he doesn’t appear, simply save and quit, then try again.
- Like his namesake, Donkey Mong loves to throw the barrels on his back. Goodluck!
Find more extras, tips, cheats and secrets with Game Front’s Channel on Youtube, featuring Zac, Mitch, and James.