Posted on June 26, 2007, Shawn Sines Build a Medieval Empire with Carcassonne on XBLA
The popular German board game Carcassonne makes the leap to digital media. Starting Wednesday, you can build your own medieval empire with this multiplayer tile based game on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
Named after the medieval fortified town of Carcassonne in southern France, famed for its city walls, “Carcassonne” for Xbox LIVE Arcade starts with an empty landscape and a single square tile. Using strategic tactics and a little luck, one to five players take turns selecting from 72 tiles displaying various features of a city including roads, the walls of a castle or fields. The medieval countryside thrives as players and their opponents place tiles and complete towns, roads, and farms while competing to accumulate the most points.
- Special AI settings to challenge any skill level
- Challenge your friends Ã¢$” Up to five players can play over Xbox LIVE or up to four players can play on the same Xbox 360
- Skill-based matchmaking for ranked games
- The complete “Carcassonne” includes 72 tiles and all rule sets
- Earn up to 200 Gamerscore and 12 Achievements
Carcassonne will be available Wednesday, June 27 at 9 a.m. worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.