Posted on October 12, 2011, GameFront Staff Dark Souls Sparkly Item Conversion Guide
The world of Dark Souls will kill you so bad it isn’t even funny… okay maybe a little funny, watch our hapless video guide in our patented text and video walkthrough to see just how much. But what’s a difficult game without a few odd secrets. Hidden somewhere in Dark Souls is a crow that will trade valuable treasure for your junk. Look below to find out the secrets of Sparkly. For more hidden features for Dark Souls, check out our cheats page.
Sparkly Item Conversion Guide
- To find Sparkly, you’ll need to return to the Undead Asylum. To do that, you’ll need to reach the giant crow’s nest in the Firelink Shrine.
- To reach the nest, you’ll need to activate the shortcut elevator between the Firelink Shrine and the Undead Parish. While riding the elevator up, step through the openning onto the previously unreachable landing.
- On this landing, walk to a grassy ledge to your right and roll to a pillar connected with an open window. Walk through the window and follow the path up the stairs of the broken tower towards the large crow’s nest.
- Rest in the nest for 30 seconds and you’ll be taken back to the Undead Asylum.
- From the crow’s nest, run down about halfway towards the asylum itself while clearing out the undead. Look left for a ledge reaching past the cliff with a small nest. That’s where you’ll find Sparkly.
The Rules for trading with Sparkly
- To trade an item with Sparkly the Crow, you’ll need to drop ONE single item near its nest. Dropping more than one item will cause it to be lost. Dropping an item not on the conversion list will lose it.
- After dropping an item, you’ll need to leave and come back to pick up your trade. The easiest way to accomplish this is to bring up the menu and quit to the title screen, then load your game again.
- If an item is an acceptable trade, Sparkly will stay silent. If she doesn’t want your item, she’ll let you know.
- Don’t try to get multiple items, ever. You’ll only receive a trade for the first item you drop.
Sparkly Conversion ListHere you’ll find what items Sparkly will convert, and what she’ll convert those items into.
Dropped Item – Converted Item
- Cracked Red Eye Orb – Two Purging Stones
- Ring of the Sun Princess – Two Divine Blessings
- Sack – Demon’s Great Hammer
- Xanthous Crown – Ring of Favor and Protection
- Sunlight Maggot – Old Witch’s Ring
- Skull Lantern – Ring of Fog
- Pyromancy Flame – Red Titanite Slab
- Pyromancy Flame – Red Titanite Chunk
- Twin Humanities – Rare Ring of Sacrifice
- Dried Finger – Blue Titanite Chunk
- Rubbish – Titanite Chunk
- Pendant – Souvenir of Reprisal
- Sunlight Medal – White Titanite Chunk
- Prism Stone – Demon Titanite
- Humanity – Ring of Sacrifice
- Dung Pie – Demon Titanite
- Egg Vermifuge – Dragon Scale
- Blooming Purple Moss Clump – Two Twinkling Titanites
- Purple Moss Clump – Twinkling Titanite
- Bloodred Moss Clump – Twinkling Titanite