Posted on September 29, 2014, Marshall Lemon Destiny Bug Reveals Upcoming Expansion DLC
Imagine this scenario: You’ve been playing Destiny extensively over the weekend, when you come across a bug preventing you from from getting into the game’s social hub. Annoyed, you flip back into the main game, only to discover all kinds of new missions have been added to preexisting planets. This isn’t a theoretical scenario; YouTube user Kinsey_92 uploaded a video listing several new missions with an “Expansion Required” tag, including story missions, strikes, and raids. The only thing is, these expansions aren’t out yet.
All told, 12 new missions are planned across Earth, the Moon, Venus, and Mars for Level 10 players and above. There’s also a possible Skirmish special event at the Crucible that provides special rewards to victors. Most even come with descriptions, which should give players an idea of what to expect. A list version of the content has been compiled on Reddit, where users can discuss its significance.
- Strike [Level 10] – The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it’s strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota’s reign.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.
- Strike [Level 14] – The House of Wolves: No description
- Strike [Level 26] – The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content. Thanks to /u/The7ruth)
- RAID [Level 28] – Crota’s End: He waits in the dark below
- Story Mission [Level 20] – The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Wolves’ Harvest: Track down the Queen’s traitorous Wolves and recover what they’ve stolen from the Awoken.
- Story Mission [Level 22] – The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves’ Kell
- Strike [Level 20] – The Hypogeum: The ressurection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden’s heart beats again.
- RAID [Level 28] – Reef Raid: No Description
- Skirmish [Special Event?] – Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
A string of victories will earn you great rewards – but lose three times and you’re out.
- 3v3 Team Deathmatch
- Level Advantages Enabled
- Weekly Rewards
- Trial Set Gear
- Ascendant Materials
- Crucible Marks
While placeholders for DLC content are nothing new, it does raise the question of whether this content is already included on the disc in some fashion. Destiny players have reportedly glitched their way into “upcoming” content ever since the game’s alpha. While that’s yet to be confirmed (this list is far from a smoking gun), it certainly suggests this content was planned well in advance.
Destiny’s first DLC expansion, “The Dark Below”, is due in December and covers much of the listed content. The second expansion, “The House of Wolves”, will be released on a future date. If we’re lucky, these missions may include new loot caves to get excited about as well.