Posted on October 10, 2012, Kevin Thielenhaus Dishonored: How to Find the Thief Easter Egg
Arkane Studios’ Dishonored was inspired by many stealth-action classics like Deus Ex. But, if you’re willing to travel back a few years from the cyberpunk epic, you’ll find many similarities to Thief: The Dark Project. Don’t take our word for it, because you can find an almost exact recreation of the stealth tutorial of Thief’s training hidden away in Dishonored. Check out all the details below.
How to Find the Thief Easter Egg
- Located in Mission 7: The Flooded District, you can discover this cool reference to the beginning tutorial of Thief: The Dark Project.
- To find it, you’ll need to reach the Assassin’s Hideout in Central Rudshore. It’s the large building in the bottom corner, you’ll have to go there to meet your primary target for the mission.
- Be sure to sneak inside so as not to disturb the assassins. Further ahead, you’ll find a small stealth training area, where one assassin is talking to another about the basics of stealth.
- The assassin’s dialogue is a direct reference to Garret’s training in Thief: The Dark Project, one of many stealth inspirations for Arkane Studio’s Dishonored.
“For your next trial, you must remain unseen. Stay in the shadow and avoid the light. Cross to the other side of the room without attracting notice. Very good, I did not see you approach. Now, attempt a transversal.”
“You must learn how to move unseen, stay in the shadows, avoid the light. The indicator on your screen will tell you how visible you are. Try to reach the top of the platform without being seen. Well done, I did not see you approach.”
- Find it for yourself! Any other Easter Eggs you’ve discovered in Dishonored? Let us know in the comments.
[Info & Pic by TheXenophobe on the Dishonored Bethsoft Forums.]